Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Officers Promoted -- Officers Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers Promoted -- Officers Down!

My son-in-law has had a number of positions with our local police department, of which I am chaplain, including commander of interjurisdictional SWAT team, criminal investigations, firing range instructor....

Last night he was promoted to Lieutenant, along with a good friend of his, and four corporals promoted to Sergent, and one patrolman promoted to corporal. It was a GREAT evening.

group.jpg

My son-in-law is the one 4th from the right.

One of the sergeants, Kelvin - second from the left - had his twin brother from Houston at the Promotion ceremony.

Kelvin's twin brother is a commander of a SWAT team for Houston PD. It was his brother's SWAT team that was attempting to serve warrants, and five officers were shot. This was Kelvin's team, and he would have been in command had he not been at the Promotion Ceremony.

As you can imagine, Kelvin's brother is dealing with all kinda of 'survival guilt' type stuff... "If I had been there...."

Please pray for Kelvin's brother, Damon.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Oh, boy. I hear they're all alive ... hope so...but still.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

A pretty good account of what happened can be found here.

Houston officer hurt in shooting wrote in note: 'I had to go in, I knew my guys were down'

Among the five Houston police officers injured during a shooting on Monday was a 54-year-old supervisor, described as being “tough as nails.”

The unidentified senior officer, a 32-year veteran of the force who “breached the door” while serving a search warrant at a home of suspected drug dealers, “made entry” because he knew “his partners were down,” Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said Tuesday.

The officer was shot after jumping into the action and it marked “the third time in his career he’s been shot,” Acevedo said. He was previously shot in 1992 and 1997, he added.

Acevedo explained that the supervisor later gave a note to another officer that said: “I had to get in there because I knew my guys were down.”

The officer was described by the police chief as being “a big teddy bear,” but also someone who has “tremendous courage” and is “a strong ox.”

“I am going to rub that man for two reasons. One, I want some of his courage to rub off on me and the other thing I want, he’s done something good in life that God really watches over him,” Acevedo said.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

wow. I hadn't heard about this. I have been avoiding the news lately for my sanity.

Comment