Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Virginia governor under fire for comments on late-term abortion bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia governor under fire for comments on late-term abortion bill

And they wonder why we use the term death cult.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-abortion-bill-proposed-by-kathy-tran-third-trimester-today-2019-01-30/

"She has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she is so certified? She's dilating," Gilbert said.

"Mr. Chairman, that would be a, you know, a decision that the doctor, the physician and the woman would make at this point," Tran responded.

"I understand that. I'm asking if your bill allows that," Gilbert posed.

"My bill would allow that, yes," she said.

© Copyright Original Source

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-abortion-bill-proposed-by-kathy-tran-third-trimester-today-2019-01-30/

"She has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she is so certified? She's dilating," Gilbert said.

"Mr. Chairman, that would be a, you know, a decision that the doctor, the physician and the woman would make at this point," Tran responded.

I brought this up in the Pro-Life forum yesterday, but here it can be debated (along with New York's new law allowing abortion up to birth -- which was celebrated by the left)
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It looks like Virginia is making a bid to join New York in sliding into the pits of hell by allowing a baby to be aborted right up to the moment it is being born. Governor Ralph Northam (D - Va.), during an interview on WTOP-FM concerning a bill allowing abortions through the third trimester was asked about his take on it.

Source: Northam on Abortion Bill: Infant Could Be Delivered and Then ‘Physicians and the Mother’ Could Decide If It Lives

Source

I don't see where Northman is explicitly advocating for post birth abortion so the headline may be misleading but he certainly wants to join in on the celebrating in New York

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now Tucker Carlson even interviewed a lefty to get this disgraceful response.

https://youtu.be/3AZ_wiOjmHc

Is she incapable of understanding that the child has been born at this point? Also talking about killing babies with "deformities" sounds a lot like ableist language to me. I wonder when the SJW's will protest this erasure of disabled people from society?

Comment

Now Tucker Carlson even interviewed a lefty to get this disgraceful response.

https://youtu.be/3AZ_wiOjmHc

Is she incapable of understanding that the child has been born at this point? Also talking about killing babies with "deformities" sounds a lot like ableist language to me. I wonder when the SJW's will protest this erasure of disabled people from society?
        The left continues to move closer and closer to supporting after-birth abortion every year.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet we're considered extremists and religious zealots for opposing this sort of unconscionable evil.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The left continues to move closer and closer to supporting after-birth abortion every year.
            And it's very short step from there to full on concentration camps for purging the "undesirables" from society.

Comment

At least the Nazis were open about wanting to kill the disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                At least the Nazis were open about wanting to kill the disabled.
                I dunno, the Democrats are getting to be pretty open about it.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I got the impression from an article that Virginia already had this kind of procedure....the bill was to change the required number of doctors from two to one. Not sure about allowing abortion up to birth.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

This just in... Virginia governor is an idiot.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I dunno, the Democrats are getting to be pretty open about it.
                      In Rare Moment Of Honesty, Democrats Finally Admit They Support Infanticidehttps://babylonbee.com/news/in-rare-...rt-infanticide

Comment

In Rare Moment Of Honesty, Democrats Finally Admit They Support Infanticidehttps://babylonbee.com/news/in-rare-...rt-infanticide
                        While a parody or satire that is the direction that the left has been going toward in recent years.

From Slate (described as a United States-based liberal, English language online current affairs and culture magazine created in 1996 by former New Republic editor Michael Kinsley)":

Source: After-Birth Abortion: The pro-choice case for infanticide

Journal of Medical EthicsSource

You can see the exchange here:

So if the doctor was wrong and the baby certainly was viable in that it actually survived an attempt to kill it, then the doctor shouldn't be "burden[ed]" with trying to keep the baby alive since it had the gall to "not just coming out limp and dead."

I guess this means that if someone is sick or injured and a doctor assumes that they won't survive but in fact does then that doctor shouldn't be burdened with helping to keep them alive but should be free to refuse all treatment and even food and water so that they will finally die.

What does it say about our society when it can even entertain such a reprehensible evil practice?

Oh, and in spite of the joke that is Snopes, when it comes to fact checking controversial subjects (especially if politics is involved), proclaiming that after-birth abortions (which is in effect euthanasia) are nothing more than a "manufactured controversy from several years ago" it appears to already be taking place in the Netherlands:

Source: “After-birth abortion” already exists in the Netherlands

the official opinion of the American Academy of Pediatrics is that it is morally permissible to withdraw or withhold hydration and nutrition from newborns in some cases. These include "children in a persistent vegetative state or children with anencephaly". This is a form of euthanasia, but the child lingers for a long time while it starves to death. "If the parents wish to shorten that course, and organise their child's death more in the way they have envisioned it, shouldn't euthanasia be available for them?"

Source

And then there is this (check from the 5 minute mark):

Comment

Insightful piece in National Review:

Source: ‘Safe and Rare’ Also Means ‘Post-Birth Abortion’

Roe v. Wadsafe to whom?straight-up lied
                          A moment later:
                          abortion rate reached a historic low in 2015, the most recent year for which data is available, and the decline in abortions was seen in women across all age groups. The number of abortion providers continues to decline.

And even some Democrats are having second thoughts:
                          Source

Comment

I find it disturbing that that doesn't read anything like satire.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              I got the impression from an article that Virginia already had this kind of procedure....the bill was to change the required number of doctors from two to one. Not sure about allowing abortion up to birth.
                              That's my understanding as well, that all the bill does is change the required number of doctors. Which makes the governor's statement all the more baffling, because he's making the bill sound worse than it actually is.

Comment