Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Fryer - like you see on TV

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Air Fryer - like you see on TV

OK, I love some good fish and chips. It's rare around here to find a decent fish and chips dinner. When I find one, like at Denny's or LJS, the fish is usually greasy.

So, I bought one of them thar Air Fryers you see on TV. I have to say - the french fries are wonderful (no grease or oil or fat) and the fish comes out crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside - again, with no grease or oil.

I spray a little of the sprayable olive oil on the inside of the pan, but no other grease or fat or oil.

I shoulda posted a picture of the fish and chips I just cooked, but I ate them.

My wife used it to make some apple empanadas, and they were fantastic - they tasted like the "fried apple pies" we used to get from McDonalds, but without the grease or oil. (McDonald's now does a "baked" apple pie that... um.... soso)

The one I have is the Power Air Fryer XL, and so far, I'm loving it.

2019-01-31 13.52.10.jpg 2019-01-31 13.52.25.jpg
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, and a couple of the biggest pluses --- I don't need to wait while the oven preheats, and the house doesn't smell like I cooked fish.

The fries cook golden brown in 18 minutes, and the fish is perfect after 9 minutes.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Might have to consider one of these!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We have had "gadgets" before that we end up not using, and have buyer's remorse. So I bought this one at Walmart, saved the receipt, and was fully prepared to take it back.

We seem to keep experimenting with what will cook quickly and greaselessly....

Those frozen chicken pot pies? They taste so much better cooked in the air fryer than nuked in the microwave. Frozen pot pies take longer in the air fryer than the microwave, but it's worth it!

My wife even used it to heat some left over dinner rolls -- it's like they were fresh baked!

5. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I had one for a while. Then I realized they are basically just repackaged toaster ovens. But you can fit more food in a toaster oven. So I gave away my air fryer and got a Black and Decker convection toaster oven. Does exactly the same thing, except it cooks with a heating element instead of a tungsten light bulb like my air fryer used.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I had one for a while. Then I realized they are basically just repackaged toaster ovens. But you can fit more food in a toaster oven. So I gave away my air fryer and got a Black and Decker toaster oven. Does exactly the same thing, except it cooks with a heating element instead of a tungsten light bulb like my air fryer used.
    The difference is that the air fryer is, in effect, a high speed convection oven. I like my toaster oven for hamburger buns and stuff like that.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We have a countertop pizza oven. I wonder if we could cook fries on that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The difference is that the air fryer is, in effect, a high speed convection oven. I like my toaster oven for hamburger buns and stuff like that.
    My toaster oven cooks just as fast as the air fryer did, it even has air circulation. The only difference is it takes a few minutes to preheat.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    My toaster oven cooks just as fast as the air fryer did, it even has air circulation. The only difference is it takes a few minutes to preheat.
    I guess it's a matter of personal taste, then -- we have both, and they each have their pluses.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't have either! So which one should I get!

Used to have a toaster oven, like 30 years ago. It wasn't much good for anything. Are they better now?