Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Corrosion of Conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And thinking about this more - you do it to people who are here, and can respond or defend themselves. I hardly think Trump is interested in anything Shuny writes behind his back.
    Nah... I've used clever plays on people's names on other occasions, like "Jessie Jackass", "Nutsy Pelosi", and "Milquetoast Romney".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Nah... I've used clever plays on people's names on other occasions, like "Jessie Jackass", "Nutsy Pelosi", and "Milquetoast Romney".
      Ah - ok, I was referring to Carpe's complaint that you were "altering people's names in his "quotes" (e.g., "Tassmoron" and "JimLamebrain")"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's MM's style. Perhaps I should just accept that that's Shuny's style, as well?
        IMO...Good for the goose...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

And thinking about this more - you do it to people who are here, and can respond or defend themselves. I hardly think Trump is interested in anything Shuny writes behind his back.
          And that makes it less childish?

Really, CP - your first answer was better. It either deserves commentary all around, and is childish all around (which is frankly what I think), or just accept it as "how they post."
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            IMO...Good for the goose...
            Sure.... I'll try to resist calling Shuny out for his childishness.

(Reminds me of the Hee Haw skit where one of the ladies (over the clothesline in the back yard) tells her neighbor, "And I ain't gonna talk bad about my other neighbors, even if they ain't no good".)
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am amazed that you find any of these "clever."

Comment

And that makes it less childish?

Really, CP - your first answer was better. It either deserves commentary all around, and is childish all around (which is frankly what I think), or just accept it as "how they post."
                Calm yourself, brother... I got there.

Comment

Calm yourself, brother... I got there.
                  I'm CALM, DAMN YOU!!!

(the above is a joke...)

Comment

Out of curiosity...you call this inventive spelling out as childish (and I agree), but I have never seen you call out MM for doing the same thing with altering people's names in his "quotes" (e.g., "Tassmoron" and "JimLamebrain")

And the reason for this is...?
                    Trolling ain’t trolling if the troll is on your team.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Trolling ain’t trolling if the troll is on your team.
                      That too!

Comment

I am amazed that you find any of these "clever."
                        And I am not the least surprised that you don't.

Comment

And I am not the least surprised that you don't.
                          Think about that for a second...

Comment

Time's up!

Comment

Time's up!

Comment

It's sort of like when someone gets a pie in the face, and he says, "I don't think that's very funny!" while everybody around him is roaring with laughter.

Comment