Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trumpisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I can safely say that neither Bush nor Obama were at the top of the news feed anywhere near as often as Trump.
    Yes, like I said, liberals fixate on Trump to an arguably unhealthy degree.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yes, like I said, liberals fixate on Trump to an arguably unhealthy degree.
      I don't just travel in "liberal" circles or read "liberal" news, MM.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I refuse to post in this thread.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Nicely done...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I don't just travel in "liberal" circles or read "liberal" news, MM.
            Yet every time you reference your "news feed", it is always a liberal source.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Oh my gosh. I can't believe Trump would say that. And he still is president?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Yet every time you reference your "news feed", it is always a liberal source.
                No - not "every" time. But it is the majority of times. Although I try to click-through on a balance of news sources, the fact is that many of the stories that interest me are not reported on the right, so there is nothing for me to click through on. As a result, since google "bubbles" the feed - I do get a majority of "moderate-to-liberal" titles.

There is also the reality that right-leaning stories are already adequately reported and commented on here. So what would be my motivation for posting them yet again?

Comment

These days - he lives rent free in the collective psyche of the left in America.
                  FIFY.

Unless I hear/see someone ranting about him I don't think at all about him on most days.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    FIFY.

Unless I hear/see someone ranting about him I don't think at all about him on most days.
                    The people I encounter are not all "left." The pages of Fox are as filled with Trump as the pages of CNN. The pages of Breitbart are as filled as the pages of Jezebel and Mother Jones. Fox News is as focused on Trump as NPR News.

I don't see a great deal of distinction... except the stories each side chooses to tell and focus on.

Comment

Sorry - my bad. Here it is.
                      yeah that doesn't provide any more context either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        yeah that doesn't provide any more context either.
                        I'd give you other links, but this is only being reported on from the left and the right appears to be mum. Most of the links I'm finding to the news conference Trump gave are on these left-leaning sites, so their dismissal is pretty much a foregone conclusion. So NVM.

Comment

The fact that Trump derangement syndrone is even a thing says it all. Is he really any worse than any previous President you've had? In fact in some areas he is doing fine, like the economy. What really bothers me is that for years since I was a young boy I've seen useless leader after useless leader in both the UK and the USA and when you finally get someone not so bad crybabies come out the woodwork and develop a mental disorder. I didn't lose my mind over any of the previous leaders so I expect you not too either.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                            The fact that Trump derangement syndrone is even a thing says it all.
                            Well...it's no worse than ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome)

Is he really any worse than any previous President you've had?
                            Yes - worse than any president in my lifetime. And a significant part of America appears to agree with me. While many presidents have done one or more of the things Trump has done, I can't think of anyone who has done them all - certainly not in my lifetime.

In fact in some areas he is doing fine, like the economy.
                            Trump and the Reps inherited an economy that was already well on its way and gave it a shot of nitrous with a tax cut that infused businesses with cash which was mostly used to buy back stocks and enrich owners by pumping up the market value. The nitrous is already showing signs of petering out and the "will pay for itself" has not manifested, given that we are looking at $1T in additional debt. Anyone can make the economy look artificially good by pumping $1T into it.

What really bothers me is that for years since I was a young boy I've seen useless leader after useless leader in both the UK and the USA and when you finally get someone not so bad crybabies come out the woodwork and develop a mental disorder. I didn't lose my mind over any of the previous leaders so I expect you not too either.
                            I haven't "lost my mind." I've simply concluded that the person currently in the White House is an embarrassment on many fronts, and I cannot wait to see him gone. Or rather - I WANT to wait to see him gone in 2020. I'd rather he not be impeached or that anyone take any illegal means to remove him from office. Two more years of the current pain should be enough to convince moderates and liberals that we've had enough and give him a solid "you're fired" in 2020. At least - I hope so.

Comment

That didn't reach all the way to the news networks.

Yes - worse than any president in my lifetime. And a significant part of America appears to agree with me. While many presidents have done one or more of the things Trump has done, I can't think of anyone who has done them all - certainly not in my lifetime.
                              That's because you've lost your minds. You have past presidents who have started wars, had affairs and all sorts. Even past presidents who owned slaves. My representatives here in the UK have literally accepted state visits from mass murderers for political negotiations but they want to ban Trump cause they don't like him. Trust me, you have lost your minds.

Trump and the Reps inherited an economy that was already well on its way and gave it a shot of nitrous with a tax cut that infused businesses with cash which was mostly used to buy back stocks and enrich owners by pumping up the market value. The nitrous is already showing signs of petering out and the "will pay for itself" has not manifested, given that we are looking at $1T in additional debt. Anyone can make the economy look artificially good by pumping $1T into it.
                              The same economy that was supposed to completely crash over night if he ever got elected? Funny how everybody is saying different now and that Trumps economic decisions eon't be realised for years. I'm guessing when another Democrat gets in charge.

I haven't "lost my mind." I've simply concluded that the person currently in the White House is an embarrassment on many fronts, and I cannot wait to see him gone. Or rather - I WANT to wait to see him gone in 2020. I'd rather he not be impeached or that anyone take any illegal means to remove him from office. Two more years of the current pain should be enough to convince moderates and liberals that we've had enough and give him a solid "you're fired" in 2020. At least - I hope so.
                              Was George "I used to be a small buisness" Bush or Barak "you can keep your doctor" Obama any different? Like I said, worse leaders have been accepted. You had presidents before with slaves but as you stated above Trump is your "worst president ever"
                              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

That was never a thing, though.

Comment