Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Dems Are Wildly Out of Step With Voters on Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems Are Wildly Out of Step With Voters on Abortion

Most Americans don't want a standing ovation for abortions until birth. But Democrats do.

A standing ovation for abortion? That’s what New York’s Reproductive Health Act got in the Senate chamber when it passed last week. Lawmakers and bystanders stood and applauded a law that legalizes abortion all the way up until birth, for any reason.

The left may be celebrating the bill’s passage, but it is wildly out of step with American sentiment on the issue. American support for late-term abortion continues to decline; one poll last year found that a mere 13 percent of Americans support abortion all the way into the third trimester. And most Americans don’t think abortion is something to celebrate, or “shout” to borrow from the pro-choice lobby's public relations campaign. A majority of Americans, in fact, say abortion is immoral.

I can only imagine then, that seeing Democrats vigorously applaud abortion for 7-pound babies makes most Americans queasy. The same goes for lighting up One World Trade Center pink.

Personally, I hope the Dems keep doing Stupid Stuff like this.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It is heinous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Most Americans don't want a standing ovation for abortions until birth. But Democrats do.

A standing ovation for abortion? That’s what New York’s Reproductive Health Act got in the Senate chamber when it passed last week. Lawmakers and bystanders stood and applauded a law that legalizes abortion all the way up until birth, for any reason.

The left may be celebrating the bill’s passage, but it is wildly out of step with American sentiment on the issue. American support for late-term abortion continues to decline; one poll last year found that a mere 13 percent of Americans support abortion all the way into the third trimester. And most Americans don’t think abortion is something to celebrate, or “shout” to borrow from the pro-choice lobby's public relations campaign. A majority of Americans, in fact, say abortion is immoral.

I can only imagine then, that seeing Democrats vigorously applaud abortion for 7-pound babies makes most Americans queasy. The same goes for lighting up One World Trade Center pink.

Personally, I hope the Dems keep doing Stupid Stuff like this.
      The MSM is always saying that the majority of Americans don't want abortion made illegal but what they always leave out is that most Americans also want more restrictions on them. I think this telling of only half the story has emboldened liberals into thinking that the majority supports the actions they are taking, since after all everyone in their bubble agrees with them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The MSM is always saying that the majority of Americans don't want abortion made illegal but what they always leave out is that most Americans also want more restrictions on them. I think this telling of only half the story has emboldened liberals into thinking that the majority supports the actions they are taking, since after all everyone in their bubble agrees with them.
        They should take one of these politicians to a hospital and hand them a newborn and a knife and tell them to "go ahead and kill the baby, it's just a minute older than when you legally said he could be killed."

Comment

Here is video showing Kathy Tran, a Democrat, admitting that her bill - HB 2491 - would allow a baby to be killed as it was being born.

Not that the transcript doesn't exactly match the audio/video --- but it's clear that it's a faithful representation of it. Her words were "My bill would allow that".

Kathy Tran, a Democrat, was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates in 2017, one of a record 28 women chosen for the legislative chamber that year. She introduced HB 2491 earlier this year, and in a committee hearing on Monday, she was questioned about the bill by fellow delegate Todd Gilbert, a Republican.

“How late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of the woman?” Gilbert asked.

“Through the third trimester,” Tran responded. “The third trimester goes all the way up to 40 weeks.”

“Where it’s obvious that a woman is about to give birth,” Gilbert then asked, “would that still be a point at which she could request an abortion if she was so certified? She’s dilating.”

“My bill would allow that,” Tran said.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            They should take one of these politicians to a hospital and hand them a newborn and a knife and tell them to "go ahead and kill the baby, it's just a minute older than when you legally said he could be killed."
            I wouldn't want to risk an actual baby for that experiment!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              I wouldn't want to risk an actual baby for that experiment!
              They wouldn't have the nerve to do it. It's very easy to approve of killing a baby when it is an abstract thing in a mother's womb. It's another when they have to see it is an actual person and they have to do it themselves.

I can't even understand how a doctor could perform such an operation on a full term baby and then have to deliver a corpse. They seem the most evil of all.

Comment

I can't even understand how a doctor could perform such an operation on a full term baby and then have to deliver a corpse. They seem the most evil of all.
                Depends on how much they value the money they're paid to do it...............

And, yes, evil.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

How's that any different from draw and quartering a younger fetus? Seriously! Why do they use a murder method like that? Can't they at least murder them like how dogs and cats are put to sleep?

Comment

They wouldn't have the nerve to do it. It's very easy to approve of killing a baby when it is an abstract thing in a mother's womb. It's another when they have to see it is an actual person and they have to do it themselves.

Which might explain why New York's new law permits non-doctors to perform it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How hard would it be to pretend to be a late term abortionist to just kidnap the baby and rescue it? Though, that would only work once. And probably end up with a criminal record for something.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X