And world peace...
    no, victualize whirled peas

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The spin from the AOC camp is hilarious:
    What's equally hilarious is the extent to which Starlight and Tassy are going to defend the child.

3. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

5. Amen Bill the Cat, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's equally hilarious is the extent to which Starlight and Tassy are going to defend the child.
    Meme1.JPG

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    The only "green" source with a fairly consistent output is hydroelectric; you might be able to balance that with solar power in some areas by storing up water in the daytime and releasing it through the turbines at night (which would wreak havoc on reservoirs where lakefront property owners depend on a fairly constant water level). Battery (and solar panel, IIRC) manufacturing generates an enormous amount of toxic waste. I've seen hypotheses for using gigantic underground flywheels to store energy, but I'm not sure how close to practicality they are.
    Environmentalists tend to hate dams.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The news reported that Cortez wrote the FAQ herself. Not a staffer. She only pulled it after the mocking response it got. It was an FAQ, not a "draft" by the way.
    Let's not forget that her "green guru," a law professor from Cornell University Law School, Robert Hockett, was out there emphatically denying things like the idea of providing "economic security" for people "unwilling to work" was part of the proposal declaring

"Uh, we never would, right? And AOC has never said anything like that, right? I think you're referring to some sort of document -- I think some doctored document that somebody other than us has been circulating. ... She's actually tweeted it out to laugh at it, if you look at her latest tweets. It seems apparently, some Republicans have put it out there. I don't know the details."

Ocasio-Cortez herself was dismissing it saying in a tweet that there were multiple "doctored" Green New Deal resolutions and FAQs "floating around."

But then Ocasio-Cortez's chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, spilled the beans and flatly contradicted Hockett when he admitted the FAQ shared with NPR and posted on Ocasio-Cortez's website which contained this proposal was in fact genuine. This forced Hockett to start furiously back-peddling and confess he was in error. Ocasio-Cortez herself shifted into damage control mode.

Oops.
    Last edited by rogue06; 02-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Let's not forget that her "green guru," a law professor from Cornell University Law School, Robert Hockett, was out there emphatically denying things like the idea of providing "economic security" for people "unwilling to work" was part of the proposal declaring

"Uh, we never would, right? And AOC has never said anything like that, right? I think you're referring to some sort of document -- I think some doctored document that somebody other than us has been circulating. ... She's actually tweeted it out to laugh at it, if you look at her latest tweets. It seems apparently, some Republicans have put it out there. I don't know the details."

But then Ocasio-Cortez's chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, spilled the beans and flatly contradicted Hockett when he admitted the FAQ shared with NPR and posted on Ocasio-Cortez's website which contained this proposal was in fact genuine. This forced Hockett to start furiously back-peddling and confess he was in error.

Oops.
    Bless her little heart.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Environmentalists tend to hate dams.
    True. I guess, to be truly environmentally conscious, we should all give up our cars, electricity, and running water, and grow our own food. Gotta give up the latest iPhone, made in factories with minimal environmental controls by people forced to work for peanuts - no "living wage" for them.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    True. I guess, to be truly environmentally conscious, we should all give up our cars, electricity, and running water, and grow our own food. Gotta give up the latest iPhone, made in factories with minimal environmental controls by people forced to work for peanuts - no "living wage" for them.
    First post here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...988#post612988

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ocasio-Cortez herself was dismissing it saying in a tweet that there were multiple "doctored" Green New Deal resolutions and FAQs "floating around."

But then Ocasio-Cortez's chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, spilled the beans and flatly contradicted Hockett when he admitted the FAQ shared with NPR and posted on Ocasio-Cortez's website which contained this proposal was in fact genuine. This forced Hockett to start furiously back-peddling and confess he was in error. Ocasio-Cortez herself shifted into damage control mode.

Oops.
    yeah the one I linked to previously was directly from NPR. It wasn't doctored. It was just stupid.