Thread: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ed Markey to unveil 'Green New Deal' bill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ed Markey to unveil 'Green New Deal' bill

oca.jpg

She wants NO cars or airplanes by TWELVE YEARS from now...

(CNN)Democratic Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts has been working with freshman Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York on "Green New Deal" legislation that will be unveiled soon, an aide to Markey confirmed to CNN on Thursday.
    There is no final text yet, as some parts of the legislation are still being worked on. There is not a specific date for introduction yet -- but the aide says they expect it to be soon.
    The legislation will address issues such as job creation, emission reductions, greening infrastructure and a variety of principles that would come with a "robust" climate-change package, this aide says.

The two members have been working on the legislation together for about a month -- first meeting on Capitol Hill during the first week in January for a two-hour discussion where they discussed putting together the legislation, and have gotten to know each other well since.

The idea of a "Green New Deal" has, in just a few months, become a central piece of Ocasio-Cortez's agenda -- as well as other progressive Democrats -- and attracted the attention of ambitious national Democrats.

"I am thrilled to see so many of the potential 2020 presidential candidates embracing the idea of a Green New Deal," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN earlier this month. "The oil and gas lobbyists won't back down without a fight and that's why we need to support groups like Sunrise Movement in their efforts to keep the pressure up. When the scientific consensus says that you have 12 years to avoid climate catastrophe, it's time to get to work."
    Movement leaders have not agreed on a price tag. Estimates run in the hundreds of billions of dollars or more. But they argue a combination of tax hikes on the super wealthy -- Ocasio-Cortez has floated a 70% rate on income over $10 million -- and cuts to fossil fuel industry subsidies and military spending, in addition to the stimulative effects of the new public spending would offset any cost.

Laura Basset explains that the problem is white males don't like her because she "checks all the boxes" of everything they hate, and to that list, she adds, "she's Latina...."
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are they trying to get all of that or just move the window?
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    Are they trying to get all of that or just move the window?
    I watched a video a few minutes ago (will try to find it again) where she just gushes about how it's going to happen, and she knows it's incredibly aggressive, but....

Here's a FACEBOOK video of her presentation, but I'm looking for the one where the interviewer pushed back, and she looked absolutely clueless, just babbling more nonsense.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe Bernie and OCA will run as a team!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Maybe Bernie and OCA will run as a team!
    I hope not.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Laura Basset explains that the problem is white males don't like her because she "checks all the boxes" of everything they hate...
    White males hate attractive women?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I watched a video a few minutes ago (will try to find it again) where she just gushes about how it's going to happen, and she knows it's incredibly aggressive, but....

Here's a FACEBOOK video of her presentation, but I'm looking for the one where the interviewer pushed back, and she looked absolutely clueless, just babbling more nonsense.
    Isn't that pretty much every video in which she speaks?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    From the picture in the OP, I think maybe she found out I had been saying she was cute, and she's showing she's not.

oca.jpg

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

oca.jpg

She wants NO cars or airplanes by TWELVE YEARS from now...

(CNN)Democratic Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts has been working with freshman Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York on "Green New Deal" legislation that will be unveiled soon, an aide to Markey confirmed to CNN on Thursday.
    There is no final text yet, as some parts of the legislation are still being worked on. There is not a specific date for introduction yet -- but the aide says they expect it to be soon.
    The legislation will address issues such as job creation, emission reductions, greening infrastructure and a variety of principles that would come with a "robust" climate-change package, this aide says.

The two members have been working on the legislation together for about a month -- first meeting on Capitol Hill during the first week in January for a two-hour discussion where they discussed putting together the legislation, and have gotten to know each other well since.

The idea of a "Green New Deal" has, in just a few months, become a central piece of Ocasio-Cortez's agenda -- as well as other progressive Democrats -- and attracted the attention of ambitious national Democrats.

"I am thrilled to see so many of the potential 2020 presidential candidates embracing the idea of a Green New Deal," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN earlier this month. "The oil and gas lobbyists won't back down without a fight and that's why we need to support groups like Sunrise Movement in their efforts to keep the pressure up. When the scientific consensus says that you have 12 years to avoid climate catastrophe, it's time to get to work."
    Movement leaders have not agreed on a price tag. Estimates run in the hundreds of billions of dollars or more. But they argue a combination of tax hikes on the super wealthy -- Ocasio-Cortez has floated a 70% rate on income over $10 million -- and cuts to fossil fuel industry subsidies and military spending, in addition to the stimulative effects of the new public spending would offset any cost.

Laura Basset explains that the problem is white males don't like her because she "checks all the boxes" of everything they hate, and to that list, she adds, "she's Latina...."
    Well, it's a scientific consensus so it MUST BE TRUE!!! Just ask Tassman!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    White males hate attractive women?
    White males hate everything, apparently.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.