Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ed Markey to unveil 'Green New Deal' bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If that was the case then why didn't they take this opportunity to put their name on an official record as being in favor of the proposal?
    Because they know it is stupid.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      That way they can sit on the fence. They are not offending AOC nor their constituents. It is a weasel vote.
      McConnell said that he considers a vote of "present" to be a vote in favor of the measure.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        McConnell said that he considers a vote of "present" to be a vote in favor of the measure.
        In all fairness McConnell doesn't get to make that decision.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Not officially. He's just trying to hold them politically accountable, although I'm not sure how effective it will be.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Oh I have an idea for a New Better Deal. What if we made everyone rich? Then nobody would need to work! The government can just print up enough money to make everybody a billionaire then everyone can retire and not need to work.

Comment

No, but it's entirely logical that if you're 'present' and don't vote FOR it, it's most likely because you're too big a coward to vote 'against' it.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Republicans Accused Of Colluding With Reality To Defeat Green New Deal

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After voting down the Green New Deal in the Senate today, Republican lawmakers were accused of colluding with reality to ensure the bill did not pass.

Democrats pointed out that Republicans' levelheaded criticisms of the sweeping legislation had all the hallmarks of influence from reality, from using logic and reason to simply pointing out that the proposal was insane. Democrats quickly called for an official investigation into the matter.

"It is now obvious that our Republican colleagues are working in cahoots with the facts of life," said Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. "They're agents of reality. No question. We need to get, like, the FBI on this, like right away. The FBI are the ones with that warning that plays before movies, right? Yeah, those guys. Let's get them on it."

Senator Ed Markey joined Ocasio-Cortez in calling for a full-blown investigation into the extent of reality's influence on the vote. "The Republicans are obviously puppets of reality," he said. "We cannot afford to have reality influencing our policies."

According to their liberal critics, Republican senators are so brainwashed by reality that they even got their Democratic colleagues to vote "no" or "present" on the deal.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

smiley snicker.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Republicans Accused Of Colluding With Reality To Defeat Green New Deal

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After voting down the Green New Deal in the Senate today, Republican lawmakers were accused of colluding with reality to ensure the bill did not pass.

Democrats pointed out that Republicans' levelheaded criticisms of the sweeping legislation had all the hallmarks of influence from reality, from using logic and reason to simply pointing out that the proposal was insane. Democrats quickly called for an official investigation into the matter.

"It is now obvious that our Republican colleagues are working in cahoots with the facts of life," said Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. "They're agents of reality. No question. We need to get, like, the FBI on this, like right away. The FBI are the ones with that warning that plays before movies, right? Yeah, those guys. Let's get them on it."

Senator Ed Markey joined Ocasio-Cortez in calling for a full-blown investigation into the extent of reality's influence on the vote. "The Republicans are obviously puppets of reality," he said. "We cannot afford to have reality influencing our policies."

According to their liberal critics, Republican senators are so brainwashed by reality that they even got their Democratic colleagues to vote "no" or "present" on the deal.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35923[/ATTACH]
                  The Bee is on a hot streak.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment