Thread: Rep. Omar Continues Anti-Israel Tirade, Compares It To Jim Crow South

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Rep. Omar Continues Anti-Israel Tirade, Compares It To Jim Crow South

Rep. Omar Continues Anti-Israel Tirade, Compares It To Jim Crow South

omar.jpg

In her continuing attacks on Israel, Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar compared Israel to the Jim Crow-era South that segregated black people from white people.

In a series of tweets Thursday night, the Muslim Congresswoman engaged in an online discussion with liberal activist Max Berger. Berger disparaged Israel and excoriated the American Jewish Committee (AJC) for its criticism of Omar.

AJC tweeted, “In Israel, Muslims, Christians, and Jews have the same rights and freedoms. Israelis of all faiths participate fully in the country’s democratic institutions. @IlhanMN‘s implication that Israel isn’t a democracy isn’t only shameful — it’s just plain wrong.”

Since being elected to the House, Omar has seemingly been in the spotlight more for her comments regarding Israel than for her comments regarding U.S. congressional issues.

She recently said, “I almost chuckle” when Israel is called a “democracy” in an interview with Yahoo! News’s Zainab Salbi. Though many of her past comments have been labeled by many as anti-Semitic, Omar persists in defending them all, including her recent doubling-down on a contention that Israel has “hypnotized the world.”

Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    How are these idiots getting elected?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was the libtards overreacting to the half-wit that the conservatards elected to run the country. I think I have all of my bases covered there.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    It was the libtards overreacting to the half-wit that the conservatards elected to run the country. I think I have all of my bases covered there.
    If true, I think the "libtards" are in for a rude awakening if they think Omar is anything like them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    If true, I think the "libtards" are in for a rude awakening if they think Omar is anything like them.
    In Omar's case - I'd have to look at her district (Minnesota's 5th Congressional District) - it's entirely possible that enough people who ARE like her managed to 'turn out the vote' and get themselves represented, along with the Democrat backlash against Trump.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In Omar's case - I'd have to look at her district (Minnesota's 5th Congressional District) - it's entirely possible that enough people who ARE like her managed to 'turn out the vote' and get themselves represented, along with the Democrat backlash against Trump.
    Minnesota does have a significant Somalian immigrant population but I'm not sure where they located.

The district (where some of my relatives live) is very liberal. I think they went for Hillary by something like 3-to-1.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    How are these idiots getting elected?
    Them being elected isn't what bothers me. It's the fact that the people who vote for them are even stupider.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Minnesota does have a significant Somalian immigrant population but I'm not sure where they located.

The district (where some of my relatives live) is very liberal. I think they went for Hillary by something like 3-to-1.
    According to WaPo...

Democrat Ilhan Omar has beaten Jennifer Zielinski, a Republican, in the race for the House seat representing Minnesota's 5th Congressional District, currently held by Democrat Keith Ellison.

With all precincts reporting, Omar has 78.2 percent of the vote, followed by Zielinski with 21.8 percent.

Ellison has represented the district in the House since 2007.

Democrats have gained a majority in the House, with 235 seats in the next Congress. All of Minnesota's House seats have been decided; four switched hands, with two going to Democrats and two going to Republicans.

The number of votes cast for Democrats in House races has increased 55.0 percent from the 2014 midterms, compared with an increase of 25.6 percent for Republicans.

The district went for Democrat Hillary Clinton in 2016 by a margin of 54.7 points. Clinton won Minnesota by 1.5 points.

Data is from the Associated Press. This story may be updated if more information becomes available. It is powered by Heliograf, The Post's artificial intelligence system.

I'm trying to find some demographics.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure I understand what conservatives here are objecting to about Omar's comments. Israel is an apartheid state so her comments are factually accurate. Does it just trigger you guys whenever anyone says anything negative whatsoever about current Israeli government policy?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what conservatives here are objecting to about Omar's comments. Israel is an apartheid state so her comments are factually accurate. Does it just trigger you guys whenever anyone says anything negative whatsoever about current Israeli government policy?
    Thank you for your opinion.

11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.