Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump’s presidency was a divine plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump’s presidency was a divine plan

Interesting stuff:

Are you there, God? It’s me, Arwa, and I have a question. Namely, is it true you wanted Donald Trump to become president? Because that is what Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, is saying. And, while the idea may sound wholly implausible, I really can’t imagine Sanders would lie.

If you’re not God, and you’re wondering what on earth I’m talking about, I refer you to the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN). Sanders recently told CBN that she believes it was God that put Trump in power rather than, you know, any of that Russian collusion malarkey.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-bless-america

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone here agrees with Sanders on this.
    Last edited by Charles; 02-02-2019, 04:41 AM.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

The article could "oh my. someone still believes that God exists."

Isn't it funny that how the writer didn't even know that the US is never supposed to be a democracy?

Sanders may know better than any of us whether God has chosen Trump to help preserve the nation. What would be wrong with that?

The other odd thing is that people would be so concerned that Sanders expresses this viewpoint. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Interesting stuff:

While I don't know if God has specifically selected Trump for anything, the Bible clearly demonstrates that folks nobody would ever think of being someone He would use often get selected. Look at Paul for instance. He delighted in hunting down and dragging Christians back to be persecuted. As he said

Scripture Verse: Acts 22:20

And when the blood of Stephen your witness was being shed, I myself was standing by and approving and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’

© Copyright Original Source

Who would ever think that such a man would be selected by God to be his greatest spokesman for the religion he had been gleefully oppressing.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm definitely not saying that Trump is another Paul. Far, far from it. But rather it is not impossible for Trump to be selected for some purpose by God. A wise man once told me that God doesn't call the equipped but equips the called.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Interesting stuff:

The thread title is a bit misleading. God's divine plan is that Jesus Christ was provided to seek and to save those which were lost, to purchase for them redemption and to live eternally with Him.

In the course of that plan, God uses people and circumstances. That's what Sarah was saying -- here's her exact quote.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president, and that's why he's there," Sanders told CBN's David Brody and Jennifer Wishon, according to a transcript of the interview provided by CBN.

"I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about," Sanders added.

That's a far cry from saying that "Trump’s presidency was a divine plan". If, in fact, Trump was part of God's plan, it's a very small role in the overall scheme of things.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And God said he sets up governments as he pleases, and the guardians he allows in place will answer to him for everything. He even says he destroys governments as well.

EVERYBODY will answer to God, sooner or later.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

And sometimes a nation gets the government it deserves.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

While the liberals moan about what an immoral man Trump is, it's interesting to note that the immoral things they cite are things in the past. He seems to be taking a break from being a total reprobate.

Sure, Trump is doing lots of things the liberals don't like, but so would anybody who wasn't championing their agenda.

And this nutty idea that conservatives - particularly Christians - are giving him a pass on his morality, he wasn't running against anybody who was a pillar of virtue.

The choice was - do we vote for somebody who will most certainly be an enabler of the culture of death, or somebody who might actually stand up against it, and for issues Christians hold dear.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                While the liberals moan about what an immoral man Trump is, it's interesting to note that the immoral things they cite are things in the past. He seems to be taking a break from being a total reprobate.

Sure, Trump is doing lots of things the liberals don't like, but so would anybody who wasn't championing their agenda.

And this nutty idea that conservatives - particularly Christians - are giving him a pass on his morality, he wasn't running against anybody who was a pillar of virtue.

The choice was - do we vote for somebody who will most certainly be an enabler of the culture of death, or somebody who might actually stand up against it, and for issues Christians hold dear.
                One gets the impression that you are giving him a pass. I see no criticism at all, no mention of family separations though you said you were against it. The body slam stuff, the lies.... No wonder some people think you are a supporter.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

One gets the impression that you are giving him a pass. I see no criticism at all, no mention of family separations though you said you were against it. The body slam stuff, the lies.... No wonder some people think you are a supporter.
                  Family separations were happening long before Trump as has been demonstrated in other threads.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

One gets the impression that you are giving him a pass.
                    One? Perhaps the internet s think that.

I see no criticism at all, no mention of family separations though you said you were against it.
                    There is plenty of that going on - no need for me to pile on. And, since I said I'm against it, that could be a clue!

The body slam stuff, the lies.... No wonder some people think you are a supporter.
                    No wonder people think you are a Nanny. Back in the car, Chuck!

Comment

Trumps presidency was a divine plan
                      I would have to say that it was God's decision to make Trump President of the United States if for no other reason than that God is ultimately in charge of who's in charge:

Dan. 2:20 and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. 21 He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."

Even Hitler could not have risen to power and escaped several assassination attempts but for God's permissive will. In his case, I suspect that one of the reasons Hitler's wicked reign was permitted was to provoke world sympathy over the Holocaust leading to Israel's re-establishment as a nation in 1948 (in fulfillment of several prophecies related to Christ's return).

Similarly with Trump, his historic recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and his move of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem (on the exact 70th anniversary of their becoming a nation) would appear to indicate Divine manipulation. Trump's Peace Plan (to be announced in the next few months?) may even prove to be a catalyst towards End Time events.

Either way, God is Sovereign and is ultimately in charge of every detail of His plan for this world, using mankind's decisions (of both good and evil intention) to accomplish His will - just as Joseph came to realize:

Gen. 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Comment

God often uses bad people to accomplish good things in the bible. Moses and David were murderers. He used Nebuchadnezzar, Pharaoh, and even Herod to accomplish his plans.

Whether or not he put Trump in power, God can use him. Trump has already put a couple of justices on the supreme court that are known to be supportive of values closer to the Christian ideal, such as being against abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          God often uses bad people to accomplish good things in the bible. Moses and David were murderers. He used Nebuchadnezzar, Pharaoh, and even Herod to accomplish his plans.
                          Yes, but we must be clear that God did not cause the evil, he simply used it to accomplish his good will.

Genesis 50:20, "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Family separations were happening long before Trump as has been demonstrated in other threads.
                            Not only that, but the separations are only happening as a result of people committing crimes against the United States. That's the part that liberals always leave out. It's no different than if a drug dealer or thief is separated from his family as a consequence of his lawlessness.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Not only that, but the separations are only happening as a result of people committing crimes against the United States.
                              False.

You've been shown this before:
                              Source: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/district-court-judge-rules-that-trump-administration-child-separations-would-be-unconstitutional.html

The first plaintiff is a Congolese woman, Ms. L., who sought asylum at a U.S. port of entry. She had her six-year-old taken from her, purportedly because the government doubted her parentage, and only had her daughter returned four months later after the government was made to conduct a DNA test following the issuance of the suit.
                              Ms. L’s child was actually brought here legally—as were several other similarly situated parents according to the ACLU’s affidavits—in accordance with our country’s international agreements on asylum consideration.

© Copyright Original Source

That's the part that liberals always leave out.
                              Because it's not true.

You don't care about the truth.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment