Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump’s presidency was a divine plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    False.

You've been shown this before:
    Source: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/district-court-judge-rules-that-trump-administration-child-separations-would-be-unconstitutional.html

The first plaintiff is a Congolese woman, Ms. L., who sought asylum at a U.S. port of entry. She had her six-year-old taken from her, purportedly because the government doubted her parentage, and only had her daughter returned four months later after the government was made to conduct a DNA test following the issuance of the suit.
    Ms. L’s child was actually brought here legally—as were several other similarly situated parents according to the ACLU’s affidavits—in accordance with our country’s international agreements on asylum consideration.

© Copyright Original Source

Because it's not true.

You don't care about the truth.
    "seeking asylum at a port of entry" usually means "she was caught sneaking across the border and when arrested sought asylum as a desperate measure to stay out of jail or being deported"

And again, the law was put in place by DEMOCRATS, not Trump. Trump just enforced it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
      False.

You've been shown this before:
      Source: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/district-court-judge-rules-that-trump-administration-child-separations-would-be-unconstitutional.html

The first plaintiff is a Congolese woman, Ms. L., who sought asylum at a U.S. port of entry. She had her six-year-old taken from her, purportedly because the government doubted her parentage, and only had her daughter returned four months later after the government was made to conduct a DNA test following the issuance of the suit.
      Ms. L’s child was actually brought here legally—as were several other similarly situated parents according to the ACLU’s affidavits—in accordance with our country’s international agreements on asylum consideration.

© Copyright Original Source

Because it's not true.

You don't care about the truth.
      Yeah, we've been over this one already. The border patrol was obviously suspicious of her claims for whatever reason (your source is light on details, as I pointed out last time), but after the border patrol concluded its investigation, the mother and child were reunited. This was, arguably, a mistake made by members of the border patrol and not an official policy stipulating that all children be separated from their guardians regardless of how they enter the country.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

For completeness sake, here are my responses last time you brought up that chestnut:

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Very first line of your source: "Over the past month, the Trump administration has begun to implement a policy..."

False. That policy was in place long before Trump and was infamously enforced by the Obama administration when children were literally put in cages (the mainstream media was, of course, studiously disinterested in this story in 2014).

At any rate, if I had argued that the system is flawless and that mistakes never happen then you might have a point. I didn't, and you don't. In Ms. L's case, we don't know what compelled immigration officials to question her claims of parentage, so it's impossible to say anything for or against that particular scenario.
        Again, we really don't know anything about this case, so it's impossible to say one way or another. If you could provide more details then we might have something to discuss.
        No, Ignorant Roy nitpicked, as he is wont to do.

Obviously the child was removed only because it was perceived that the woman's entry was illegal in some fashion (in this case, it seems they questioned the legitimacy of her claim to be the child's parent), . But mistakes happen. I never claimed they didn't. And that's the point: this was apparently a mistake rather than a matter of policy to separate children and parents who entered legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          "seeking asylum at a port of entry" usually means "she was caught sneaking across the border and when arrested sought asylum as a desperate measure to stay out of jail or being deported"
          1) It doesn't. 2) Even if it did, you haven't shown it applies in this specific case.
          And again, the law was put in place by DEMOCRATS, not Trump. Trump just enforced it.
          Who emplaced what laws is completely irrelevant to whether non-illegals are having their children taken away.

You know that. So why are you even mentioning it, unless to distract from your co-believer's dishonesty?
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Yeah, we've been over this one already. The border patrol was obviously suspicious of her claims for whatever reason (your source is light on details, as I pointed out last time), but after the border patrol concluded its investigation, the mother and child were reunited. This was, arguably, a mistake made by members of the border patrol and not an official policy stipulating that all children be separated from their guardians regardless of how they enter the country.
            What a load of self-serving, imaginary codswallop. You have no idea whether the border patrol had or had not concluded its investigation, or even if there was an investigation. You have no idea why the border patrol might have been suspicious of her claims, if they even were. You have no idea where the parent and child were during their four-month separation, or why no DNA test was done immediately. You have no idea whether it was a mistake or not.

You are inventing spurious details for a case you have admitted knowing next-to-nothing about in order to avoid acknowledging counterexamples to your lie that "separations are only happening as a result of people committing crimes against the United States".

You are ignoring reality in favour of your fantasy world.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

1) It doesn't. 2) Even if it did, you haven't shown it applies in this specific case.Who emplaced what laws is completely irrelevant to whether non-illegals are having their children taken away.

You know that. So why are you even mentioning it, unless to distract from your co-believer's dishonesty?
              Why aren't you blaming the people who made the law instead of those enforcing it? The border patrol are law enforcement officers. They are sworn to enforce the laws. Even if they don't like them. The dems made the law. then they complained when it was enforced. Talk about a setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Why aren't you blaming the people who made the law instead of those enforcing it? The border patrol are law enforcement officers. They are sworn to enforce the laws. Even if they don't like them. The dems made the law. then they complained when it was enforced. Talk about a setup.
                I haven't blamed anyone, I'm not a democrat, and I'm not interested in your partisan rant.

I am surprised that you're trying to bury MM's dishonesty.

Comment

I am surprised that you're trying to bury MM's exposing my dishonesty.

Comment

I haven't blamed anyone, I'm not a democrat, and I'm not interested in your partisan rant.

I am surprised that you're trying to bury MM's dishonesty.
                    I haven't said anything about MM.

And remember the photos being circulated about the kids in cages which actually turned out to be from the Obama years? In fact, Trump is actually the one who stopped the practice once it became a controversy.

Comment