Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's State of the Union Aims for a Unifying Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Since he was so hyped up on racism and such, why didn't he mention Ralph Northam's racist photo and admission of blackfacing or Justin Fairfax's alleged sexual assault? you know... things about which the left hammered on Trump and Brett Kavanaugh?
    I'm sure we'll see a followup video where he confesses, in his idiotic rage INTENSE PASSION, he simply forgot to mention those things.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now this is interesting. At one point in the speech, Trump said, "African-American, Hispanic-American, and Asian American unemployment have all reached their lowest levels ever recorded." Democrats inexplicably stayed glued to their seats, and only a few of them could even bring themselves to clap.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Now this is interesting. At one point in the speech, Trump said, "African-American, Hispanic-American, and Asian American unemployment have all reached their lowest levels ever recorded." Democrats inexplicably stayed glued to their seats, and only a few of them could even bring themselves to clap.
        They can not even applaud good news! Maybe because a roaring economy is not good news for the Dems...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          They can not even applaud good news! Maybe because a roaring economy is not good news for the Dems...
          Although they sure jumped to their feet when Trump mentioned how good the job market has been for working women. So apparently women outrank African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and Asian-Americans on the minority scale.

Comment

Although they sure jumped to their feet when Trump mentioned how good the job market has been for working women. So apparently women outrank African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and Asian-Americans on the minority scale.
            Because they have blacks and Hispanics in their pockets already, and don't really care about Asians too much because they are typically successful and self-sufficient and register with no party.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It doesn't matter what tone Trump tries to set, liberals are going to caterwaul and reject anything he has to say before he even steps up to the podium.

Case in point:

See what I mean?
              Trump has created an atmosphere of hostility and chaos. He owns it. It's his to fix. No sane person that is actually trying to repent or change their ways has any right to expect anyone they have wronged will believe they are sincere until over time they show they are. You can't undo two years of constant abuse in one speech.

Here you call out my comment as some sort of evidence of 'liberals' being unfairly unwilling to work with Trump. But in doing that you demonstrate the truth of my statement.

(1) I am not liberal as I have proven in many conversations on tweb over many year which you have witnessed
              (2) my statement is simple fact.

And yet, you, rather than taking it as the fact it is and acknowledging it (holding no grudge, accepting my statement for what it is), have decided to malign the comment based on your past differences with me.

So how can you expect others to do what you yourself are not willing to do?

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Trump has created an atmosphere of hostility and chaos.
                Sorry, no. He is the RESULT of the hostility and chaos of the previous administration's abandoning the centrist call for unity it originally ran on.

He owns it. It's his to fix. No sane person that is actually trying to repent or change their ways has any right to expect anyone they have wronged will believe they are sincere until over time they show they are. You can't undo two years of constant abuse in one speech.
                You also have to be willing to stop abusing the other side, so no. He does not "own it". it belongs just as much to the Democrats. As a single point in a long string of proof, there have been ZERO negotiations on the border security issue since the government was reopened, despite the blatant lies from Pelosi and Schumer that they would only negotiate if the government was opened.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  Trump has created an atmosphere of hostility and chaos. He owns it.
                  Right, because until Trump, Democrats were celebrated for their reasonableness and lack of hysterics.

Comment

Trump has created an atmosphere of hostility and chaos. He owns it. It's his to fix. No sane person that is actually trying to repent or change their ways has any right to expect anyone they have wronged will believe they are sincere until over time they show they are. You can't undo two years of constant abuse in one speech.

Here you call out my comment as some sort of evidence of 'liberals' being unfairly unwilling to work with Trump. But in doing that you demonstrate the truth of my statement.

(1) I am not liberal as I have proven in many conversations on tweb over many year which you have witnessed
                    (2) my statement is simple fact.

And yet, you, rather than taking it as the fact it is and acknowledging it (holding no grudge, accepting my statement for what it is), have decided to malign the comment based on your past differences with me.

So how can you expect others to do what you yourself are not willing to do?

Jim
                    I note that you did not get an answer to your question. Very interesting post by the way. Thanks.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      I note that you did not get an answer to your question. Very interesting post by the way. Thanks.
                      LOOK!!! A snipe!!!

That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Sorry, no. He is the RESULT of the hostility and chaos of the previous administration's abandoning the centrist call for unity it originally ran on.
                        Not even close BTC. From day 1 the man has been lying and slamming anyone and everyone that dared question ANYTHING about him. He has a LOT of baggage, from the Access Hollywood tape and his idiotic attempts at denial, to the inauguration stupidity and on and on an on. He RAN on a platform of fear as regards immigration. There are very good reasons Trump started out on the wrong foot. And how poorly he handles criticism and how foolishly he deals with his own lack of knowledge and understanding are the reasons he has not been able to turn that around.

You also have to be willing to stop abusing the other side, so no. He does not "own it". it belongs just as much to the Democrats. As a single point in a long string of proof, there have been ZERO negotiations on the border security issue since the government was reopened, despite the blatant lies from Pelosi and Schumer that they would only negotiate if the government was opened.

No, he owns it BTC. Just about every person in the free world would know how to deal with his lack of respect as a leader better than he does. In the free world, respect is EARNED. He came from a world where his own wealth and power demanded anyone around him feign respect, and watching his oligarch and dictator friends, I think he just assumed that would continue as President. Not in the free world where idiots in power can be called idiots. And the right of everyone to call him an idiot if he is an idiot is guaranteed by the constitution and subsequently the law.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Right, because until Trump, Democrats were celebrated for their reasonableness and lack of hysterics.
                          No. Because he has created and atmosphere of chaos and disrespect that dwarfs all others before him.

Jim

Comment

Not even close BTC. From day 1 the man has been lying and slamming anyone and everyone that dared question ANYTHING about him. He has a LOT of baggage, from the Access Hollywood tape and his idiotic attempts at denial, to the inauguration stupidity and on and on an on. He RAN on a platform of fear as regards immigration. There are very good reasons Trump started out on the wrong foot. And how poorly he handles criticism and how foolishly he deals with his own lack of knowledge and understanding are the reasons he has not been able to turn that around.
                            Deny it all you want. This level of hatred and divisiveness found root in Barack Obama. And I have the polls to prove it.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/polit...oll/index.html
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/u...oll-finds.html
                            https://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/1...ess-norc-poll/
                            http://www.people-press.org/2017/10/...ws-even-wider/

No, he owns it BTC. Just about every person in the free world would know how to deal with his lack of respect as a leader better than he does. In the free world, respect is EARNED. He came from a world where his own wealth and power demanded anyone around him feign respect, and watching his oligarch and dictator friends, I think he just assumed that would continue as President. Not in the free world where idiots in power can be called idiots. And the right of everyone to call him an idiot if he is an idiot is guaranteed by the constitution and subsequently the law.

Jim
                            Nice way to ignore the claim and continue to hand wave like nothing was said.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No. Because he has created and atmosphere of chaos and disrespect that dwarfs all others before him.
                              Right... Trump is just, like, the worst ever.

Let's play a game, see if you can figure out who the following quote is referring to (no fair using an internet search engine):

"I have never known a US president to be treated as disgracefully as this one. The political case against him is based almost entirely on media falsehoods, slanders, and greed for power. Not much rationality there."

Wrong, it's referring to George W. Bush.

Source: The psychopathology of Bush hatred

(2008) The Bush hatred we are seeing in the media today belongs in the long catalogue of human psychopathology -- not rational behavior. The latest version is the shoe-throwing incident in Iraq. Iraq happens to be a hot war zone, in which tens of thousands of innocent people have been killed by hidden bombs. Bush's protective detail had no way of knowing whether an assassinaton attempt was under way, in just the way Saddam tried to assassinate George H.W. Bush, Sr. At the end of his two terms of office, the President flew to Iraq, into harm's way, knowing the dangers, to hold an open press conference.

But our media harbor such bitter hatred for him that they turned a potential bomb-throwing incident --- by one of their own --- into a joke, just another reason to sneer at the President. If anybody threw a cream pie at Obama, screaming headlines would be launched for days afterward. Nothing but sneers followed the potential attack on George W. Bush, which he fended off with his usual grace and humor.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...f_bush_ha.html

© Copyright Original Source

The New Republic published an editorial in 2003 making a case for hating Bush:

Source: Mad About You

There seem to be quite a few of us Bush haters. I have friends who have a viscerally hostile reaction to the sound of his voice or describe his existence as a constant oppressive force in their daily psyche. Nor is this phenomenon limited to my personal experience: Pollster Geoff Garin, speaking to The New York Times, called Bush hatred “as strong as anything I’ve experienced in 25 years now of polling.” Columnist Robert Novak described it as a “hatred … that I have never seen in 44 years of campaign watching.”

https://newrepublic.com/article/67136/mad-about-you

And remember this little gem?

Source: The left's hypocrisy: Remember 'Death of a President,' a movie about assassinating George W. Bush?

(2016) Remember “Death of a President”?

It was a movie about the imagined assassination of then President George W. Bush that premiered in 2006. It was directed by Gabriel Range, produced by a British public-television outlet, and at the time, was seriously critiqued by the mainstream media. It even won an award at the Toronto Film Festival.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sination-bush/

So please, don't try to lecture us about how the left's current unhinged hatred of a Republican president is all Trump's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I guess they left their hoods at home?

Comment