I am trying not to mock others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying not to mock others.

Honestly, it is hard not to just go for an ad hominem or a genetic falacy. In trying to better understand others I am trying not to throw out insults. I am so very tired of what I see so often when it comes to conflict resolution.
    sigpic

I too have to be careful not to just mock people. We also have to remember not to answer a fool according to his folly.

Mostly our goal needs to be about presenting the true gospel of Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Honestly, it is hard not to just go for an ad hominem or a genetic falacy. In trying to better understand others I am trying not to throw out insults. I am so very tired of what I see so often when it comes to conflict resolution.
      In this place it’s a good idea to be polite to everybody because you never know to whom you are speaking. We have to try our best to respect the person while addressing the argument. Avoid typing if you are angry.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        In this place it’s a good idea to be polite to everybody because you never know to whom you are speaking. We have to try our best to respect the person while addressing the argument. Avoid typing if you are angry.
        The tounge is like a rudder afterall.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          What is this, actual good advice? Who are you, and what have you done with firstfloor?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment