Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overnight Poll Numbers For Speech

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Overnight Poll Numbers For Speech

POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trumpís State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

CBS News and CNN released instant polls taken immediately after President Trumpís State of the Union address with both polls finding 76 percent of those who watched approved of the speech. The CBS poll 72 percent approved of Trumpís immigration proposals while the CNN poll showed 76 percent approval with 59 percent ďvery positive.Ē

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...gration-ideas/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course Wolf Blitzer was careful to point out (without evidence) that it was probably mostly Republicans who watched the speech, and that's why it was so positively received.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course Wolf Blitzer was careful to point out (without evidence) that it was probably mostly Republicans who watched the speech, and that's why it was so positively received.
    Yes I'm sure that those on the CNN and CBS call lists were largely Republican...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trumpís State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

CBS News and CNN released instant polls taken immediately after President Trumpís State of the Union address with both polls finding 76 percent of those who watched approved of the speech. The CBS poll 72 percent approved of Trumpís immigration proposals while the CNN poll showed 76 percent approval with 59 percent ďvery positive.Ē

Given the climate, 30% approval among Democrat viewers is pretty good.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes I'm sure that those on the CNN and CBS call lists were largely Republican...
    I have not seen the questions, but if they started with: did you watch the SOTU this evening and only proceeded if a "yes" was received, the dominant Republican audience would have been trapped.

Further, CNN and CBS polls historically fall near the median for polling results, so there is no reason to think their polling audience is skewed left. (They would be rapidly dismissed as "poor pollers" if they allowed this kind of bias to skew their results.

All of that being said, 72%+ is still impressive, given that apparently only 42% of the watchers were Republican. It means moderates and those on the left also largely approved. I've only seen snippets, and I frankly would probably have said "approve" if called and asked (based on what I've seen). Of course, if I was asked "do you think Trump is going to himself follow through on the call he made," my answer would have been "highly unlikely." Especially since he didn't even start the speech that way (snubbing Pelosi).

Put aside the politics of revenge? I almost snorted my beverage out my nose. Trump is the champion of "always strike back twice as hard" and is applauded for it by his family, his friends, and his base.

And I have to admit that I am truly beginning to like and respect Ms. Pelosi. I'm not 100% behind her positions, but she certainly knows how to handle Mr. Trump. Her now infamous "clap" reminds me of a story my high school drama teacher once told me about the concept of "upstaging." It seems this young actress thought she was the cat's meow and had little use for the aging actress with whom she was cast. In a fit of pique, the young actress accused the aging actress of being a "has-been."

"My dear," said the aging actress, "I could upstage you without even being on the stage!" The young actress snorted and stomped off.

In the next performance of the play, in a scene shared only by the two of them, and immediately preceding the young actress' grand soliloquy, the aging actress made her point. As she finished her last line and moved to exit the stage, she placed the wine goblet she had been drinking from precariously on the edge of a table at the center of the stage, and then exited. The young actress launched into her heart-rending soliloquy, but very few eyes in the audience were on the actress. They were all glued to the teetering glass at the edge of the table, waiting to see if it would fall.

Pelosi made me think of that aging actress...
    Last edited by carpedm9587; 02-06-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Well she is really old and makes a good Drama Queen.

I didn't watch the SOTU.

So there's one less Republican that can be counted.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

I didn't watch the SOTU.

Click on my face...

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Because she's old, shriveled up, and needs alcohol to be coherent? Because she's an attention whore? Because she's begging for relevance?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

I didn't watch the SOTU.

And I never got a call from the pollsters.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm sure that will change as the MSM continues to tell everyone how horrible it was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)