Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Overnight Poll Numbers For Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight Poll Numbers For Speech

POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

CBS News and CNN released instant polls taken immediately after President Trump’s State of the Union address with both polls finding 76 percent of those who watched approved of the speech. The CBS poll 72 percent approved of Trump’s immigration proposals while the CNN poll showed 76 percent approval with 59 percent “very positive.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...gration-ideas/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Of course Wolf Blitzer was careful to point out (without evidence) that it was probably mostly Republicans who watched the speech, and that's why it was so positively received.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Of course Wolf Blitzer was careful to point out (without evidence) that it was probably mostly Republicans who watched the speech, and that's why it was so positively received.
      Yes I'm sure that those on the CNN and CBS call lists were largely Republican...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

CBS News and CNN released instant polls taken immediately after President Trump’s State of the Union address with both polls finding 76 percent of those who watched approved of the speech. The CBS poll 72 percent approved of Trump’s immigration proposals while the CNN poll showed 76 percent approval with 59 percent “very positive.”

Given the climate, 30% approval among Democrat viewers is pretty good.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yes I'm sure that those on the CNN and CBS call lists were largely Republican...
          I have not seen the questions, but if they started with: did you watch the SOTU this evening and only proceeded if a "yes" was received, the dominant Republican audience would have been trapped.

Further, CNN and CBS polls historically fall near the median for polling results, so there is no reason to think their polling audience is skewed left. (They would be rapidly dismissed as "poor pollers" if they allowed this kind of bias to skew their results.

All of that being said, 72%+ is still impressive, given that apparently only 42% of the watchers were Republican. It means moderates and those on the left also largely approved. I've only seen snippets, and I frankly would probably have said "approve" if called and asked (based on what I've seen). Of course, if I was asked "do you think Trump is going to himself follow through on the call he made," my answer would have been "highly unlikely." Especially since he didn't even start the speech that way (snubbing Pelosi).

Put aside the politics of revenge? I almost snorted my beverage out my nose. Trump is the champion of "always strike back twice as hard" and is applauded for it by his family, his friends, and his base.

And I have to admit that I am truly beginning to like and respect Ms. Pelosi. I'm not 100% behind her positions, but she certainly knows how to handle Mr. Trump. Her now infamous "clap" reminds me of a story my high school drama teacher once told me about the concept of "upstaging." It seems this young actress thought she was the cat's meow and had little use for the aging actress with whom she was cast. In a fit of pique, the young actress accused the aging actress of being a "has-been."

"My dear," said the aging actress, "I could upstage you without even being on the stage!" The young actress snorted and stomped off.

In the next performance of the play, in a scene shared only by the two of them, and immediately preceding the young actress' grand soliloquy, the aging actress made her point. As she finished her last line and moved to exit the stage, she placed the wine goblet she had been drinking from precariously on the edge of a table at the center of the stage, and then exited. The young actress launched into her heart-rending soliloquy, but very few eyes in the audience were on the actress. They were all glued to the teetering glass at the edge of the table, waiting to see if it would fall.

Pelosi made me think of that aging actress...
          Last edited by carpedm9587; 02-06-2019, 12:26 PM.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            Well she is really old and makes a good Drama Queen.

I didn't watch the SOTU.

So there's one less Republican that can be counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I didn't watch the SOTU.

Click on my face...

Comment

Because she's old, shriveled up, and needs alcohol to be coherent? Because she's an attention whore? Because she's begging for relevance?
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I didn't watch the SOTU.

And I never got a call from the pollsters.

Comment

I'm sure that will change as the MSM continues to tell everyone how horrible it was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Because she's old, shriveled up, and needs alcohol to be coherent? Because she's an attention whore? Because she's begging for relevance?
                      No - because she upstaged Trump with a clap of the hand - and a handful of papers.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

No - because she upstaged Trump with a clap of the hand - and a handful of papers.
                        Yeah, no she didn't. His side glance at the beginning put her right in her place, and she never recovered, despite her feeble attempts.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Because she's old, shriveled up, and needs alcohol to be coherent?
                          It's no longer working.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have to admit that I am truly beginning to like and respect Ms. Pelosi. I'm not 100% behind her positions, but she certainly knows how to handle Mr. Trump. Her now infamous "clap" reminds me of a story my high school drama teacher once told me about the concept of "upstaging." It seems this young actress thought she was the cat's meow and had little use for the aging actress with whom she was cast. In a fit of pique, the young actress accused the aging actress of being a "has-been."

"My dear," said the aging actress, "I could upstage you without even being on the stage!" The young actress snorted and stomped off.

In the next performance of the play, in a scene shared only by the two of them, and immediately preceding the young actress' grand soliloquy, the aging actress made her point. As she finished her last line and moved to exit the stage, she placed the wine goblet she had been drinking from precariously on the edge of a table at the center of the stage, and then exited. The young actress launched into her heart-rending soliloquy, but very few eyes in the audience were on the actress. They were all glued to the teetering glass at the edge of the table, waiting to see if it would fall.

I think a wine glass teetering on the edge of a table is an apt analogy for Nutsy Pelosi.

Comment

Yeah, no she didn't. His side glance at the beginning put her right in her place, and she never recovered, despite her feeble attempts.
                              Yeah... well... that's not what the Internet is saying... so... not so much. Pelosi is rapidly emerging as the political hero of the left. I think there's a good chance she'll keep Trump busy for the rest of his term. Then the campaign will start to kick in and hopefully he'll be so busy campaigning and watching cable TV that there won't be too much more damage done.

Comment