Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll: Why is Trump trying so hard to keep his tax returns secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Another assertion. Nice, don’t you have a tin foil hat convention to attend?
    Are you insane? 'Another assertion'! Assetion about what? Define how me mocking your idiot claim is 'an assertion'.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Perhaps try not to put words in my mouth?
      Originally posted by OBP
      Your conservative bona fides here are, shalll we say, somewhat lacking.
      Try comprehending the implications of your own words.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I would classify Trump as to the right of center. I suspect I'm further to the right then he is.
        On immigration he is far right.

On the MSM, he is far, far right, dangerously so, continually inciting his followers to violence against them, as witnessed by the BBC last night.

On the issue of black/hispanic race relations, he is far right, often acting the part of a supremacist (if not actually being one himself)

On climate change, he's far,far right in terms of denial

And on and on we can go.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
          On immigration he is far right.

On the MSM, he is far, far right, dangerously so, continually inciting his followers to violence against them, as witnessed by the BBC last night.

On the issue of black/hispanic race relations, he is far right, often acting the part of a supremacist (if not actually being one himself)

On climate change, he's far,far right in terms of denial

And on and on we can go.

Trump would have been considered a conservative Democrat 20-years ago.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Try comprehending the implications of your own words.

Jim
            ...which doesn't mean you're necessarily liberal. It just means that I don't have a whole lot of data to go on. I have 1) your claim you voted for Republican presidential nominees who won (until Trump), and, recently, your stance on abortion - which seems rather more centrist than conservative.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              Trump was the first presidential nominee in decades to flatly refuse to release his tax returns. Even Mitt Romney, for whom they were embarrassing due to showing how little tax he'd paid on his income agreed to release them. Even now Trump is trying to block House Democrats from subpoenaing his tax returns.

What do people think he is trying to hide?
              Here we have Starlight showing why we shouldn't just accept Poll results without checking the methodology of said poll.

He also shows he is anything but an open-minded Intellectual. A true open-minded intellectual would have made a poll that could have gone a either positive or negative so a true conversation could be had, not set it up to get the negative results the he wants to see.

Comment

Right, that's why Dirty Cop Mueller's mandate did not specify a crime to be investigated, ...
                The crime specified was "coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump".

You've already been trounced over this falsehood here, where you resorted to the idiotic claim that no crime was specified because the letter doesn't explicitly reference US Code 30121 (a)(2).

I don't expect anything other than pigeon chess from you this time either.

Source: https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI
                Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
                (i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
                (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
                (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Roy; 02-12-2019, 12:15 PM.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...mpaign-n970536

After two years and 200 interviews, the Senate Intelligence Committee is approaching the end of its investigation into the 2016 election, having uncovered no direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to both Democrats and Republicans on the committee.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Are you insane? 'Another assertion'! Assetion about what? Define how me mocking your idiot claim is 'an assertion'.

Jim
                    You’re asserting that if you stuck to the dumb things Trump has said or to things he’s done, that can be verified, instead of diving into conspiracy theories, nobody would listen to you still. Is there something about your reaction that I got wrong? Do explain.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                      The crime specified was "coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump".

You've already been trounced over this falsehood here, where you resorted to the idiotic claim that no crime was specified because the letter doesn't explicitly reference US Code 30121 (a)(2).

I don't expect anything other than pigeon chess from you this time either.

Source: https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI
                      Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
                      (i)
                      any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
                      (ii)
                      any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
                      (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

That's not a crime, you dumbass. There is literally no law on the books that makes it illegal for a presidential campaign to coordinate with a foreign government. Otherwise, Hillary should be under investigation for coordinating with the Ukrainian government in her takedown of Paul Manafort. Dirty Cop Mueller's mandate with regards to Trump essentially says, "Go see what you can find."

Comment

And hold on, let me circle back around...

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        You say it's idiotic to claim that the letter doesn't specify a crime while conceding that it in fact does not specify a crime? And you say I was trounced?

Going through the old thread you helpfully linked to, it appears I did some trouncing of my own.

None of this changes the fact that according to the LAW there has to be evidence that a crime was committed, and the SPECIFIC crime has to be named in order to appoint a special prosecutor.

"The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted" and "The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated."

Rosenstien's letter does not meet this standard.

You say you're "tired of pigeon-chess". I guess this is your way saying that you've scattered the pieces, pooped on the board, and now you're flying off.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          You’re asserting that if you stuck to the dumb things Trump has said or to things he’s done, that can be verified, instead of diving into conspiracy theories, nobody would listen to you still. Is there something about your reaction that I got wrong? Do explain.
                          A) I don't 'dive into conspiracy theories', despite you having characterized many of my posts as being that way. The conspiracy nutheads are all about the deep state and the supposed gathering of all forces that 'hate' trump. e.g. the 'Q' etc.

B) I have mostly dealt onlywith Trump's words or explicit actions and in all cases meet massive opposition from at least you and MM. Sometimes CP or others far less militant than you will acknowledge I have a point. For you an MM, any and all criticism of Donald Trump is sufficient reason to mount a full offensive against whatever the topic is. Hence my reaction "right!"

Now for your turn PIX: Show me a time when you or MM have actually reacted in INITIAL* agreement to some nasty comment or bad action of Donald Trump that I have criticized.

Jim

*I think I remember one time when after much caustic back and forth one of you finally admitted whatever it was I was criticizing was a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...mpaign-n970536

After two years and 200 interviews, the Senate Intelligence Committee is approaching the end of its investigation into the 2016 election, having uncovered no direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to both Democrats and Republicans on the committee.
                            But with how many close players in the election having been shown to be directly tied to the Russian and conspiring with them in one way or another!

No 'direct' ties my foot! And they never tied Capone to his mob crimes either.

Source: why was capone only prosecuted for tax evasion

The short answer is that Capone was careful; the Treasury Department described him as possessing a "natural Italian secretiveness" [source: IRS]. He managed to create plausible deniability, removing himself enough from the violence and illegality so that no connections could be drawn between him and the crimes he authorized.

sound familiar?

Jim

Comment

But with how many close players in the election having been shown to be directly tied to the Russian and conspiring with them in one way or another!

The short answer is that Capone was careful; the Treasury Department described him as possessing a "natural Italian secretiveness" [source: IRS]. He managed to create plausible deniability, removing himself enough from the violence and illegality so that no connections could be drawn between him and the crimes he authorized.

sound familiar?

Jim
                              So basically your position is Trump is guilty and if they can't prove it, then he is still guilty but clever?

Comment

sound familiar?

Jim
                                It's so good that you know more than the people actually doing the investigations. We are so blessed to be in your presence...
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment