View Poll Results: What is Trump trying to hide?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • That he isn't actually very rich

    1 14.29%
  • That he didn't pay much, if any, tax

    0 0%
  • Apparent criminal behavior

    2 28.57%
  • All of the above

    4 57.14%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 95

Thread: Poll: Why is Trump trying so hard to keep his tax returns secret?

  1. #41
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,730
    Amen (Given)
    2715
    Amen (Received)
    1650
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yup he constantly screws up and exaggerates. For him, like your typical New Yorker from Queens or the Bronx, everything is the biggest, the best etc. (a characteristic also often associated with Texans) and he gets hammered for it as well.
    Sure, smear two states worth of people to justify Trump's crazy.

    Look at that White House lunch during the shutdown where hamburgers and pizza were served. In typical Trumpian fashion he declared they had burgers stacked "a mile high." Now anyone not suffering from TDS would clearly understand this was hyperbole. But not the Washington Post which literally fact checked the statement and now it is listed as one of his lies.
    I'm going to give you a "mostly false" grade for you for this claim. Contrary to your assertion it is not listed by them in their fact-checkers' complete database of Trump lies. I see no reason to think that anyone at WaPo thought Trump's statement anything but hyperbole, and thus I see that part of your claim as being false as well.

    The origin of your incorrect views presumably stems from this guy's rambling opinion piece about the hamburger dinner at the White House and he, the author of the opinion piece, not the WaPo fact checker team, writes tongue in cheek at the end of the article that he 'fact checked' Trump's mile-high claim and it isn't true. It is not recorded in the general WaPo fact check database. There's no particular reason to think the writer of the article actually took Trump's mile-high claim seriously as the article is playful in tone.

    During the SOTU he said that a third ("one in three") of the women and girls illegally crossing the border end up getting sexually assaulted. Now according to Amnesty International the number is closer to 60% and one study even puts the number as high as 80%, but Politico followed by the Washington Post cited statistics indicating that the number is 31% so that they could call the claim false. Talk about your nitpicking. It is almost a given that every past president and every politician has used "one-third" or "one-half" rather than a specific fraction, and walked away without being fact-checked but with Trump rounding off like that gets called another lie.
    I'm going to give you a "mostly false" for this one as well.

    Neither their fact check at the time nor the entry in their fact check database has any nitpicking whatever about 31% not being one-third. That is just you making stuff up. Their entire reason for finding his statement false was their complete rejection of his numbers as true, as they reject the validity and relevance of the 31% 'study' that was cited in his defense of that number.


    If you want to pretend to us that it's the 'fake news' that's full of falsehoods, you need to be a more reliable messenger. When most of the stuff you write on TWeb in general is mostly false, people are hardly going to believe you when you claim it's totally the media that's full of falsehoods.

  2. #42
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,596
    Amen (Given)
    1475
    Amen (Received)
    2901
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Right!

    Jim
    Another assertion. Nice, don’t you have a tin foil hat convention to attend?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  3. #43
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45,930
    Amen (Given)
    4392
    Amen (Received)
    20503
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    You give the ignorant buffoon too much credit for thinking strategically. He doesn't. He is just a crook hiding his tax returns because they most probably contain information damaging to him.
    I love how you guys want to paint him as a mastermind conspiracist with the russians and stupid at the same time.

    The IRS has his tax returns. Do you think the IRS is any less likely to turn on him than the FBI was? If there was anything in those returns, don't you think they would have gone after him by now? After all that is how they got Al Capone. Why waste all this time with Mueller's investigation when they could just arrest him for tax fraud?

  4. #44
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,672
    Amen (Given)
    5655
    Amen (Received)
    10862
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I am not a trump supporter, therefore i am a 'liberal'

    you are so funny!


    Jim
    Perhaps try not to put words in my mouth?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  5. #45
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,686
    Amen (Given)
    5378
    Amen (Received)
    5082
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That's a nice theory and all, but Trump was a registered Democrat until fairly recently. That you're attempting to paint him as some sort of right-wing extremist speaks volumes. By your own admission, you never really ventured into politics here until Trump came along. Your conservative bona fides here are, shalll we say, somewhat lacking.
    I would classify Trump as to the right of center. I suspect I'm further to the right then he is.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. #46
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,946
    Amen (Given)
    217
    Amen (Received)
    1324
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Another assertion. Nice, don’t you have a tin foil hat convention to attend?
    Are you insane? 'Another assertion'! Assetion about what? Define how me mocking your idiot claim is 'an assertion'.

    Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

  7. #47
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,946
    Amen (Given)
    217
    Amen (Received)
    1324
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Perhaps try not to put words in my mouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by OBP
    Your conservative bona fides here are, shalll we say, somewhat lacking.
    Try comprehending the implications of your own words.


    Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

  8. #48
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,946
    Amen (Given)
    217
    Amen (Received)
    1324
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I would classify Trump as to the right of center. I suspect I'm further to the right then he is.
    On immigration he is far right.

    On the MSM, he is far, far right, dangerously so, continually inciting his followers to violence against them, as witnessed by the BBC last night.

    On the issue of black/hispanic race relations, he is far right, often acting the part of a supremacist (if not actually being one himself)

    On climate change, he's far,far right in terms of denial

    And on and on we can go.


    Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

  9. Amen Starlight amen'd this post.
  10. #49
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,686
    Amen (Given)
    5378
    Amen (Received)
    5082
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    On immigration he is far right.

    On the MSM, he is far, far right, dangerously so, continually inciting his followers to violence against them, as witnessed by the BBC last night.

    On the issue of black/hispanic race relations, he is far right, often acting the part of a supremacist (if not actually being one himself)

    On climate change, he's far,far right in terms of denial

    And on and on we can go.


    Trump would have been considered a conservative Democrat 20-years ago.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. #50
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,672
    Amen (Given)
    5655
    Amen (Received)
    10862
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Try comprehending the implications of your own words.


    Jim
    ...which doesn't mean you're necessarily liberal. It just means that I don't have a whole lot of data to go on. I have 1) your claim you voted for Republican presidential nominees who won (until Trump), and, recently, your stance on abortion - which seems rather more centrist than conservative.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •