Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kamala Harris’ A.G. Office Tried to Keep Inmates Locked Up for Cheap Labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post

Muslim Obama, Transgender Michelle, Shifty Shift, evil Pelosi, Benghazi Rice, crazie Bernie, moron AOC, Indian Warren, Dementia Joe, etc...
    You nailed it!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Ironic considering how the left paints conservatives as trying to kill off old people (leave that to Andrew Cuomo), poison everyone, or in Biden's words, put blacks back in chains. There has not been a single Republican president during my lifetime (over six decades) who the left didn't repeatedly smear as being an absolute idiot, utterly evil or both. And don't forget that it was the previous Democrat presidential nominee who slandered conservative and even moderate voters as being an irredeemable basket full of deplorables (then doubled down on it after the election while in Dubai she called them stupid as well).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        I'm not a fan of Harris, but I'm also tired of seeing conservatives work themselves up about every single different democrat. Their common denominator just seems to be their own character of hatred, and thus that they hate everyone and everything associated with Democrats in any way shape or form.
        You mean the garbage policies of Democrats. Yes, we hate those...

Muslim Obama, Transgender Michelle, Shifty Shift, evil Pelosi, Benghazi Rice, crazie Bernie, moron AOC, Indian Warren, Dementia Joe, etc... the conservatives seem always seem to manage to find something, real or not, to get worked up about or hate about that person.
        Not all conservatives buy into all of those. Few of us think Michelle is a trans or Barry is a Muslim, and they are just being rude for rudeness' sake. The rest all apply pretty well...

And now, they find things to hate about Harris. What a surprise. Not.
        Her criminal justice history is pretty pathetic, and pretty well documented, although she side-steps it with the skill of a politician.

So before going full-bore "Harris is basically the devil incarnate", please stop and think: Was there any democrat in the country Biden could have picked as his VP that you wouldn't have managed to find a way of demonizing?
        Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbart

And to reply in advance to the inevitable "but Dems say some bad stuff about Trump, so that's just as bad right?" No.
        No one cares when it comes to the Dems' misdeeds and awful policies. They speak for themselves.

That's one person. And by objective metrics Trump is doing unusually badly. Number of dead Americans: Unusually high. Economic slump in last quarter: Unusually high. Unemployment rates: Unusually high. Debt and deficit: Unusually high. Amount of time spent golfing: Unusually high. Amount of tweeting: Unusually high. Amount of involvement of his family and businesses in government: Unusually high. Amount of word-salads when he talks: Unusually high. Amount of falsehoods spoken: Unusually high. National favorability rating: Unusually low. International favorability rating: Unusually low.
        Much of that isn't "objective", it's bitching for bitching's sake.

There are a wide range of reasons a totally normal and totally reasonable person might legitimately say Trump is worse than other Republican presidents and Republican politicians. On all sorts of objective metrics he's worse. So Dems that take this position aren't being unreasonable, nor irrational, nor hate-filled, nor have TDS. He, compared to other Republicans, is actually doing badly.

Whereas what I am seeing from right-wingers here is like TDS applied to all dems. Every single dem is The Worst, and apparently is worse than every other Dem. The common denominator in that seems to be an unfortunate character flaw in the right-wingers themselves that causes such hatred toward such a vast number of people. Kamala seems to be the latest recipient. She's The Worst Ever, just like every other Dem before her and after he. It gets to the point where it reads like absurdist fiction and if you guys were characters in a book I'd criticize the writer for writing unbelievable 2-dimensional characters who were self-parodies that didn't have any nuance.
        You see through the lens of a foreigner who is enamored with the leftist media. Many of us conservatives know Joe could have picked FAR worse, like Bernie, or Warren, or Stacie Abrams. Harris is not the worst. Hillary still holds that distinction like Jordan with basketball.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I love how an issue that's been documented and reported on for decades suddenly becomes an issue to right-wing conservatives when they can tie it to a Democrat.

Not gonna bother to waste my time explicitly supporting every word I used above, because anyone who's actually interested in this issue can go easily find this for themselves. Instead, I'll just link a John Oliver episode on it:

Language warning...
          Last edited by Whateverman; 08-12-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            I love how an issue that's been documented and reported on for decades suddenly becomes an issue to right-wing conservatives when they can tie it to a Democrat.

Not gonna bother to waste my time explicitly supporting every word I used above, because anyone who's actually interested in this issue can go easily find this for themselves. Instead, I'll just link a John Oliver episode on it:

Language warning...
            While it has historically been an issue in some areas for generations, this is nothing but a blatantly obvious attempt to obfuscate the fact that with Harris she was resisting efforts to free not violent criminals because, well as the OP source put it:

Ordered to reduce the population of California’s overcrowded prisons, lawyers from then-California Attorney General Kamala Harris’s office made the case that some non-violent offenders needed to stay incarcerated or else the prison system would lose a source of cheap labor.

She was trying to keep more people in jail than should be there.

You can argue that the one is bad, but to use that to ignore how Harris was exploiting and hence exacerbating it is not excusable.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Many people have done the same, but now it's an "issue" because it can be tied to a black female Democrat.
              Last edited by Whateverman; 08-12-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

No one said it "suddenly became an issue". We are saying that the Dems are hypocrites for not pressing her on it too.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Language warning...
                  These absurdities are pointed out because the abject phoniness of the left knows no bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    No one said it "suddenly became an issue".
                    No one had to say it "suddenly became an issue".

It just did, all by itself. Because conservatives care about it only when it's useful against a black female Democrat.

We are saying that the Dems are hypocrites for not pressing her on it too.
                    You can say that, but that's all you can do. Where exactly is the hypocrisy you're referring to? Be specific...

Comment

Many people have done the same, but now it's an "issue" because it can be tied to a black female Democrat.
                      No. The issue is how she deliberately exploited an already troubled system, deliberately keeping them in jail when they should have been released.

Ironically, many of these were low-level pot offenders, folks who rarely ever if at all should be in jail in the first place, all the while she herself was toking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        These absurdities are pointed out because the abject phoniness of the left knows no bounds.
                        aka. "I, seanD, cannot address the topic, so I'll demonize a hundred million people and then call it a day."

Comment

I believe many Republicans have run on it to be entirely fair. It's just the same motivations that led to the bile tossed at Obama.

Now certain ones here see a parallel between that and the treatment of Trump. Not sure how to get into an objective discussion of what is deserved vs what is not. When 'your guy' can tweet known fabrications and pseudo-science misinformation about a deadly virus and get 100% support for it, Even after his ignorance has killed over 100,000 more people than necessary, I'm not sure objectivity is even possible.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I believe many Republicans have run on it to be entirely fair.
                            Are you saying Republicans have openly had platforms which opposed the use of prison labor? Or are you sort-of agreeing with me? I can't tell from your wording above...

Comment

Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbart

While I don't agree with a lot of their ideas, I did respect both of them as coherent and as decent people who seemed to want actually do good instead of just being a typical DC swamprat.

Comment

No one had to say it "suddenly became an issue".

It just did, all by itself. Because conservatives care about it only when it's useful against a black female Democrat.
                                She's Indian, not black.

You can say that, but that's all you can do. Where exactly is the hypocrisy you're referring to? Be specific...
                                Oh good Lord! Have you been asleep for the past 4 years? Every facet of Trump's life has been dissected, and every slight, real or imagined, has been used as a bludgeon against him. Now that Willie's side chick is in a position of power, you lot are giving her a pass. It's rank hypocrisy.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment