Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Say You Want An Evolution!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

You Say You Want An Evolution!

This is for my Christian brothers and sisters. Do you believe in evolution, that all species came about from a common ancestor? Is that belief consistent with Scripture?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    This is for my Christian brothers and sisters. Do you believe in evolution, that all species came about from a common ancestor? Is that belief consistent with Scripture?

No.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

3. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    No.
    Cool, see if more Christians will agree...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Believe"? No. Accept the cross correlating, corroborating, consilient positive evidence from dozens of separate and independent scientific disciplines for it that quite literally continues to amass on a daily basis? Yes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

6. Amen alaskazimm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    "Believe"? No. Accept the cross correlating, corroborating, consilient positive evidence from dozens of separate and independent scientific disciplines for it that quite literally continues to amass on a daily basis? Yes.
    See, I understand this view, but I also understand that the whole world "lies in wickedness" and that the "god of this world" is a deceiver. So I hold out the real possibly that even science is so deceived.

8. Amen LostSheep, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    See, I understand this view, but I also understand that the whole world "lies in wickedness" and that the "god of this world" is a deceiver. So I hold out the real possibly that even science is so deceived.
    Scripture tells us that we can look at the heavens and the earth and gain some insight into the nature of God but if it is designed to give a false impression then that would indeed make God a deceiver, a trickster deity on par with Loki or Coyote. So much for our being without an excuse.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

10. Amen Chaotic Void, alaskazimm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Scripture tells us that we can look at the heavens and the earth and gain some insight into the nature of God but if it is designed to give a false impression then that would indeed make God a deceiver, a trickster deity on par with Loki or Coyote. So much for our being without an excuse.
    That doesn't follow, creation itself points to a powerful Creator, it doesn't say that we can learn how God created things. Human beings have had a lot of false beliefs or understanding about the nature of things over the years.

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm divided. I don't have a problem with the idea that evolution could be true, or that the earth could be millions of years old, and don't believe that these things being true would necessarily undermine scripture, but I'm not convinced that the evidence we have points in a singular direction, either, so I take the matter as an open question and don't really dwell on it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Bible speaks of God giving people up to their delusions and allowing them to believe the lies they so desperately want to believe, and Jesus talked in parables to deliberately obscure his message from those who had no interest in the truth.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Brutal honesty - I know what the Bible says, and I believe the Bible is the Word of God. I know SOME of what Science says, and that apparently is a problem with the Biblical record.

My job, as I see it, is to preach Jesus, crucified, buried and risen again. There are a lot of things I don't know, and there are a lot of things I know but don't understand. To me, it's all about Jesus.

16. Amen mossrose, seer, LostSheep amen'd this post.