Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The Absolute Best Way to Cook Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Absolute Best Way to Cook Bacon

The Absolute Best Way to Cook Bacon, According to Sooo Many Tests

bacon.JPG

sk the person to your left and the person to your right how to cook bacon, and you'll likely get two completely different answers. Type the very same into Google, and the search engine will proffer over 250 million results. From stovetop to oven to microwave, each with its own series of endless sub-permutations, there are about as many ways to cook bacon as there are, well, ways to eat it. (Forgive us if talking pork products makes us a little lyrical.)

We put six popular methods to the test, because we had to know: Which way is better than all the others? You can thank us later for consuming only bacon for two days. Of note, we used the same brand of supermarket-accessible bacon at room temperature for each method, as a control. Anywhere we mention a skillet or pan, it was large enough to provide a wide margin around the strips of bacon, such that its shape wouldn't have contributed to any scrunching.

Here's how the results of our tests stacked up:.....

I say the test wasn't thorough enough, and they should hire some of us Twebbers as quality control.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The Absolute Best Way to Cook Bacon, According to Sooo Many Tests

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35043[/ATTACH]

sk the person to your left and the person to your right how to cook bacon, and you'll likely get two completely different answers. Type the very same into Google, and the search engine will proffer over 250 million results. From stovetop to oven to microwave, each with its own series of endless sub-permutations, there are about as many ways to cook bacon as there are, well, ways to eat it. (Forgive us if talking pork products makes us a little lyrical.)

We put six popular methods to the test, because we had to know: Which way is better than all the others? You can thank us later for consuming only bacon for two days. Of note, we used the same brand of supermarket-accessible bacon at room temperature for each method, as a control. Anywhere we mention a skillet or pan, it was large enough to provide a wide margin around the strips of bacon, such that its shape wouldn't have contributed to any scrunching.

Here's how the results of our tests stacked up:.....

I say the test wasn't thorough enough, and they should hire some of us Twebbers as quality control.
    I volunteer. smiley pick-me.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I like the oven method best, if you're not in a hurry (just stay "cooked up" and don't get behind).

But I like to put the bacon on a cooling rack to bake it, so the grease can drip away.

cooling rack.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The very, very, VERY best way to cook bacon is to get someone else to do it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          The very, very, VERY best way to cook bacon is to get someone else to do it.
          Joel. He's our official church baconologist and bacon cooker.

Comment

Bake it. Add brown sugar if you want.
            sigpic

Comment

I like the oven method best, if you're not in a hurry (just stay "cooked up" and don't get behind).

But I like to put the bacon on a cooling rack to bake it, so the grease can drip away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35045[/ATTACH]
              But without the grease to simmer in, the bacon isn't as crispy! I just put my bacon on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. None of that sissy draining stuff.

Comment

pbs2.jpg

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I volunteer. [ATTACH=CONFIG]35044[/ATTACH]
                    Since I'm the only volunteer it looks like I'll be getting all the bacon. And that's as it should be.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For the roguish one:
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        For the roguish one:
                        00000000000000aaa.jpeg

Comment

Is bacon safe under the Green New Deal? Cuz if not, I smell a war coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Is bacon safe under the Green New Deal? Cuz if not, I smell a war coming.
                            pigs = methane gas
                            frying = ....

I'm buying more ammo. And bacon.

Comment

pigs = methane gas
                              frying = ....

I'm buying more ammo. And bacon.
                              I suggest we build a bubble dome over California and use it to test out all these liberal ideas. Then when all the liberals die off from lack of bacon and burgers, we just repopulate it with pig farms.

Comment