Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Tweb Evangelism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweb Evangelism

Are there any posters that became Christians as a result of visiting tweb?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Alien (Tony). That was pre-crash.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'll just keep praying that eyes and ears be opened then!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Alien (Tony). That was pre-crash.
        There was another one who posted in Nat Sci for awhile.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We've had some Mormons come out of Mormonism.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The biggest switch has been from Protestant to Orthodox. I could probably name 10 or so.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The biggest switch has been from Protestant to Orthodox. I could probably name 10 or so.
              Me.

I mean, it was a multifaceted transition, but tweb helped.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

It seems to be a modern trend to seek out the 'origins' of Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  It seems to be a modern trend to seek out the 'origins' of Christianity.
                  When I started reading, I had no intentions of converting, and was happy where I was. It wasn't until after all my objections had been resolved - without that having been any sort of conscious goal - that I got yanked (for lack of a better term) into converting.

sigpic

Comment

When I started reading, I had no intentions of converting, and was happy where I was. It wasn't until after all my objections had been resolved - without that having been any sort of conscious goal - that I got yanked (for lack of a better term) into converting.
                    Sure. I just had injected a general observation that was triggered by what you said.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X