Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dems' Abortion Lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems' Abortion Lies

Dems' Abortion Lies

Democrats fighting to expand a woman's "right to choose," no matter how far along her pregnancy, claim late-term abortions are rare and done only when the woman's health or life is at stake or when the fetus has a fatal condition. That's false. Here's the truth: At least 12,000 late-term abortions are done every year in the U.S., and almost none are out of medical necessity.

Fetal abnormalities "make up a small minority of later abortions," according to Diana Greene Foster of the University of California, San Francisco, lead investigator of the largest-ever study of women seeking late-term abortions. Foster reports that threats to the health of the mother are even more rare. The study found women's reasons were all over the place. They included travel considerations, expense, indecision and disagreement with the father.

Sixteen percent of abortion facilities terminate pregnancies that are 24 weeks along (out of the full 40-week term), when many fetuses are viable outside the womb, according to the Congressional Research Service.

Democrats are trying to make it even easier to get late-term abortions in states like New Mexico, Massachusetts, Vermont and Virginia.

Some legislation would even allow medical practitioners the discretion to withhold from newborns who survived abortion the treatments all preemies with immature lungs need to breathe and survive. That would doom them to die within hours. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed such macabre legislation on Jan. 22, and celebrated by having One World Trade Center lit pink.

Last week, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., blocked a Senate bill to require medical practitioners to treat any baby who survives an abortion. Murray said it would "interfere with decisions that are between a woman and her doctor."

Even if you're pro-choice, like me, this grisly denial of the value of the nearly born and newly born shocks the conscience.

Worse, the academic medical establishment is mainstreaming these repulsive views, all but guaranteeing late-term abortion and after-birth abortion will become routine -- unless the public protests....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Lord, have mercy...
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Dems' Abortion Lies

Democrats fighting to expand a woman's "right to choose," no matter how far along her pregnancy, claim late-term abortions are rare and done only when the woman's health or life is at stake or when the fetus has a fatal condition. That's false. Here's the truth: At least 12,000 late-term abortions are done every year in the U.S., and almost none are out of medical necessity.

Fetal abnormalities "make up a small minority of later abortions," according to Diana Greene Foster of the University of California, San Francisco, lead investigator of the largest-ever study of women seeking late-term abortions. Foster reports that threats to the health of the mother are even more rare. The study found women's reasons were all over the place. They included travel considerations, expense, indecision and disagreement with the father.

Sixteen percent of abortion facilities terminate pregnancies that are 24 weeks along (out of the full 40-week term), when many fetuses are viable outside the womb, according to the Congressional Research Service.

Democrats are trying to make it even easier to get late-term abortions in states like New Mexico, Massachusetts, Vermont and Virginia.

Some legislation would even allow medical practitioners the discretion to withhold from newborns who survived abortion the treatments all preemies with immature lungs need to breathe and survive. That would doom them to die within hours. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed such macabre legislation on Jan. 22, and celebrated by having One World Trade Center lit pink.

Last week, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., blocked a Senate bill to require medical practitioners to treat any baby who survives an abortion. Murray said it would "interfere with decisions that are between a woman and her doctor."

Even if you're pro-choice, like me, this grisly denial of the value of the nearly born and newly born shocks the conscience.

Worse, the academic medical establishment is mainstreaming these repulsive views, all but guaranteeing late-term abortion and after-birth abortion will become routine -- unless the public protests....
      No matter how one argues this, late term abortion of a viable fetus is killing a baby for convenience. We can all agree this is as wrong as wrong can be.

I honestly can't comprehend how anyone could support late term abortions for anything but life or death circumstances.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        No matter how one argues this, late term abortion of a viable fetus is killing a baby for convenience. We can all agree this is as wrong as wrong can be.

I honestly can't comprehend how anyone could support late term abortions for anything but life or death circumstances.

Jim
        I can't see how it could even be a life or death situation. Because they have to "birth" the baby at that point anyway. They can just as easily birth it alive as dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I can't see how it could even be a life or death situation. Because they have to "birth" the baby at that point anyway. They can just as easily birth it alive as dead.
          And an abortion at that stage is no less traumatic or dangerous than a birth. In fact, the moral conflict over killing the child will almost always be the worse of the two options.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And an abortion at that stage is no less traumatic or dangerous than a birth. In fact, the moral conflict over killing the child will almost always be the worse of the two options.

Jim
            What the hell is wrong with adoption!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"Ma'am, it appears your fetus has gone feral and is going to eat his way out of you if we don't abort it immediately. Your life is at stake!"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                What the hell is wrong with adoption!
                Absolutely nothing. In many cases where the mother is very young it would be the best option for all. My post is suggesting that having the baby is a better option in all cases than aborting where the mothers life is not mortally threatened by the pregnancy, even if your only concern is the well being of the mother. Why then are you asking that question in such an aggressive manner?

Jim

Comment

Absolutely nothing. In many cases where the mother is very young it would be the best option for all. My post is suggesting that having the baby is a better option in all cases than aborting where the mothers life is not mortally threatened by the pregnancy, even if your only concern is the well being of the mother. Why then are you asking that question in such an aggressive manner?

Jim
                  I think he was agreeing with you and asking his question rhetorically. Meaning, why doesn't the mom just give it up for adoption if she doesn't want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I think he was agreeing with you and asking his question rhetorically. Meaning, why doesn't the mom just give it up for adoption if she doesn't want it?
                    Always a possibility. And yes, I would agree. By that point, there really is no possibility of debate, no other moral option if the mother can't care for the baby.

Jim

Comment

The problem with adoption is that then certain groups wouldn't have access to those young organs and tissues.
                      "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                        The problem with adoption is that then certain groups wouldn't have access to those young organs and tissues.
                        Couln't natural miscarriages be donated to science? With the mother's permission of course!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                          And it's obviously subsequent revenue stream...

good to see you back Hammy!
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment