Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jussie Smollett: MAGA Attack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    That's true! I fell down (tripped) and cracked a rib. Doctor said they couldn't do anything other than give me some pain meds and tell me to not move around. The pain meds did nothing and even breathing hurt. Moving around walking and swinging my arms around on a stage, bellowing out a song would not be on my list of things to do.

I always laugh watching TV shows where some hero gets some busted ribs and soldiers on with just a grimace. Ha!
    Yeah, and the last time I cracked a rib, they said they don't even wrap them anymore, cause they don't want you to get pneumonia. Pretty much "suck it up and drive on, soldier!"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's true! I fell down (tripped) and cracked a rib. Doctor said they couldn't do anything other than give me some pain meds and tell me to not move around. The pain meds did nothing and even breathing hurt. Moving around walking and swinging my arms around on a stage, bellowing out a song would not be on my list of things to do.

I always laugh watching TV shows where some hero gets some busted ribs and soldiers on with just a grimace. Ha!
      Like the old cowboy movies where someone gets shot in the shoulder and has to put his arm in a sling for almost an entire day before it's as good as new.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Like the old cowboy movies where someone gets shot in the shoulder and has to put his arm in a sling for almost an entire day before it's as good as new.
        Or Chuck Conner walking down the dirt road firing 137 rounds from his rifle, taking three bullets out of his shirt pocket, reload, then fire another hundred or so rounds....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I went ice skating several years ago, the first time in well over a decade, so I was a bit out of practice. I built up a little speed, my shoulders got ahead of my feet, and I did what I can only describe as a Superman -- arms straight in front, feet straight behind, and I fell flat on my chest from about three feet in the air. I didn't break anything, but it knocked the wind out of me for several seconds, and I hurt for weeks. I suspect I bruised my sternum. I can't imagine what it would have felt like to actually break a rib.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I went ice skating several years ago, the first time in well over a decade, so I was a bit out of practice. I built up a little speed, my shoulders got ahead of my feet, and I did what I can only describe as a Superman -- arms straight in front, feet straight behind, and I fell flat on my chest from about three feet in the air. I didn't break anything, but it knocked the wind out of me for several seconds, and I hurt for weeks. I suspect I bruised my sternum. I can't imagine what it would have felt like to actually break a rib.
            I did that, but with a 35mm camera hanging around my neck --- THAT is what I fell on and cracked 2 ribs.

Comment

The letter also contained a white powder which turned out to be aspirin.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...staged-attack/

Here's the kicker: anything that goes through the mail is under Federal jurisdiction.
              Source: FBI Investigating Whether Jussie Smollett Involved in Sending Hate Letter to Himself

Federal law enforcement officials are investigating whether actor-singer Jussie Smollett was involved in sending a threatening letter to himself at Empire’s Chicago studio before allegedly staging a racist and homophobic attack on himself last month, according to a report.

According to ABC News, FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service officials are probing the matter after two Nigerian brothers said to have helped stage the attack accused Smollett of playing a role in sending the letter. Further, ABC News reports that the letter, mailed to the studio on January 22, is undergoing an FBI crime lab analysis.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...er-to-himself/

© Copyright Original Source

This could go very badly for him.

Comment

More details:

Source: Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

Two Lakeview brothers who were previously considered “persons of interest” in Smollett’s purported attack told police during interrogations last week that Smollett staged the hate crime because he was upset that the threat letter did not get enough attention, ABC7 Chicago reported Monday afternoon. Detectives are investigating their claim.

Meanwhile, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has been quietly working on the origins of Smollett’s letter for nearly a month. Giving it far more “attention” than he knew.

Late Monday, CWBChicago received confirmation that the letter case has been before a federal grand jury and multiple subpoenas have been generated over the course of the investigation.

In a conversation on Feb. 8th, before police met with brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo, a leading source within the Smollett attack investigation called the hate crime a "false flag" and said “There is a direct line between (the letter) and (the purported attack)." In the same conversation, the source hinted at what was to come: "This is not a whodunit. It's a how-many-people-dunit."

Whoever mailed the letter "made an enormous mistake," we were told. Federal charges were "certain."

A law firm partner who asked not to be identified by name spoke with us about the federal problems ahead for whoever mailed the letter: “If they have Smollett on the letter, he’ll be facing ’terroristic hoax’ charges, a felony. There may be federal obstruction charges as well.”

All in all, the federal legal options are numerous: “If they want to bury him, they can.”

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/s...-enormous.html

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Or he was making a fashion statement...
                  Or was getting ready for a David Carradine night of fun and frolic.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Or was getting ready for a David Carradine night of fun and frolic.
                    That didn't go well for Grasshopper...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

More details:

Source: Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

Two Lakeview brothers who were previously considered “persons of interest” in Smollett’s purported attack told police during interrogations last week that Smollett staged the hate crime because he was upset that the threat letter did not get enough attention, ABC7 Chicago reported Monday afternoon. Detectives are investigating their claim.

Meanwhile, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has been quietly working on the origins of Smollett’s letter for nearly a month. Giving it far more “attention” than he knew.

Late Monday, CWBChicago received confirmation that the letter case has been before a federal grand jury and multiple subpoenas have been generated over the course of the investigation.

In a conversation on Feb. 8th, before police met with brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo, a leading source within the Smollett attack investigation called the hate crime a "false flag" and said “There is a direct line between (the letter) and (the purported attack)." In the same conversation, the source hinted at what was to come: "This is not a whodunit. It's a how-many-people-dunit."

Whoever mailed the letter "made an enormous mistake," we were told. Federal charges were "certain."

A law firm partner who asked not to be identified by name spoke with us about the federal problems ahead for whoever mailed the letter: “If they have Smollett on the letter, he’ll be facing ’terroristic hoax’ charges, a felony. There may be federal obstruction charges as well.”

All in all, the federal legal options are numerous: “If they want to bury him, they can.”

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/s...-enormous.html

Maybe they can get Comey to write a letter? "Although Smollett has technically broken the law several times, we find that no reasonable prosecutor would press charges so we are going to completely ignore it"

Comment

It's not even a particularly original hoax:
                        Source: Malkin's Handy History of Fake Noose

Is it any wonder that American news consumers are at the end of their ropes of patience with the "mainstream media"?
                        Three weeks ago, when I first documented troubling questions, contradictions and doubts about Trump-hating, attention-craving actor Jussie Smollett's absurd hate crime claims, few in the "professional" journalism herd paid heed. Now, with a grand jury investigation on the horizon, everyone's a Johnny-come-lately debunker.

And everyone's making excuses: How could we have known? Why would anyone lie about racism? What could have possibly prepared us for such a scandalous swindle?

I'm especially looking at you, Robin Roberts. You and ABC's "Good Morning America" willingly played public relations agents for Smollett last week while his story was already falling apart and he refused to be fully transparent with investigators. Now, you defend yourselves by hiding behind a veil of ignorance about hate crimes hoaxes.

Listen and learn, addled enablers of fraud. Fake Noose is a sick phenomenon that has run rampant across the country unchecked. I've chronicled the self-victimization pathology in my books, columns and blog posts for years:

—Columbia University, 2007. Remember black psychology professor Madonna Constantine? She made the rounds on none other than ABC's "Good Morning America," claiming she found a "degrading" noose (made of hand-tied twine) hanging from her office door. Constantine led fist-waving protests, decried "systematic racism," and prompted a nationwide uproar, as I reported at the time in the New York Post. Things didn't add up when Columbia initially blocked investigators from obtaining 56 hours of surveillance video. No culprits could be found on the militantly progressive campus obsessed with diversity and multiculturalism. It turned out that Constantine was desperately trying to distract from a brewing internal probe of her serial plagiarism, for which she was eventually fired. The hate crime probe hit a dead end and Constantine faced no criminal charges over the Fake Noose incident.

—Baltimore Fire Department, 2007. Another manufactured outrage erupted when black firefighter-paramedic apprentice Donald Maynard claimed he found a knotted rope and threatening note with a noose drawing on it at his stationhouse. A federal civil rights investigation ensued and the NAACP cried racism — until Maynard confessed to the noose nonsense amid a department-wide cheating scandal. A top official revealed that Maynard admitted "conducting a scheme meant to create the perception that members within our department were acting in a discriminatory and unprofessional manner." Maynard faced no criminal charges over the Fake Noose incident.

—University of Delaware, 2015. Black Lives Matter agitators and campus activists triggered a full alert when a student spotted a "racist display" of three "noose-like objects" hanging from trees. The UD president called it "deplorable;" protesters wept that they were not being taken seriously. After investigating, police discovered the "nooses" were metal "remnants of paper lanterns" hung as decorations during an alumni weekend celebration.

—Salisbury State University, 2016. Students, faculty and administrators were horrified when a stick figure hanging from a noose on a whiteboard was discovered at the school's library. The N-word and hashtag #WhitePower also appeared in the menacing graffiti. Campus authorities immediately launched an investigation, which exposed two black students as the perpetrators. Prosecutors declined to file criminal charges against the Fake Noosers.

—Kansas State University, 2017. A paroxysm of protest struck K-State after someone reported a noose hanging from a tree on campus. Black students lambasted authorities for not acting quickly enough. They stoked anger online with the hashtag #DontLeaveUsHanging and demanded increased security. But the "noose" was made of cut pieces of nylon parachute cord, which police believed had been discarded by someone who "may have simply been practicing tying different kinds of knots."

—Michigan State University, 2017. When a student reported a noose hanging outside her dorm room, MSU administrators went into full freakout mode over the racial incident. Cops and the Office of Institutional Equity were immediately notified. "A noose is a symbol of intimidation and threat that has a horrendous history in America," the university president bemoaned. But it turned out the "noose" was a "packaged leather shoelace" that someone had dropped accidentally.

—Smithsonian museums, 2017. NPR called the discovery of "nooses" lying on the grounds of two Smithsonian Institute museums the "latest in a string of hate incidents" after Trump's election. The African-American museum director called them a "reminder of America's dark history." But the museums refused to release surveillance video and my public records request filed last November yielded zero corroboration of any hate crime. The Washington Post, New York Times and ABC's "Good Morning America," which all splashed the story front and center, have yet to follow up.

—Mississippi State Capitol, 2018. ABC, CBS, CNN and Yahoo were among the media outlets that blared headlines about seven nooses and "hate signs" found hanging in trees by the capitol building before a special runoff election for U.S. Senate. The stories created an unmistakable impression that the nooses were left by GOP racists intending to intimidate black voters. In truth, the nooses were a publicity stunt perpetrated by Democrats.

In the wake of Smollett's folly, media sensationalists bluster that there's no way they could have known they were being strung along. Thanks for the valuable admission, elite news professionals, that you are not only dumb and blind but incompetent to boot. It doesn't take a fancy journalism degree to learn from the long, sordid history of Fake Noose:

When you've seen one social justice huckster, you've seen 'em all.

Source
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

LOOK!!! Someone put a noose around Donald Trump's neck and Obama is laughing about it!!!!

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            It's not even a particularly original hoax:
                            Source: Malkin's Handy History of Fake Noose

Is it any wonder that American news consumers are at the end of their ropes of patience with the "mainstream media"?
                            Three weeks ago, when I first documented troubling questions, contradictions and doubts about Trump-hating, attention-craving actor Jussie Smollett's absurd hate crime claims, few in the "professional" journalism herd paid heed. Now, with a grand jury investigation on the horizon, everyone's a Johnny-come-lately debunker.

And everyone's making excuses: How could we have known? Why would anyone lie about racism? What could have possibly prepared us for such a scandalous swindle?

I'm especially looking at you, Robin Roberts. You and ABC's "Good Morning America" willingly played public relations agents for Smollett last week while his story was already falling apart and he refused to be fully transparent with investigators. Now, you defend yourselves by hiding behind a veil of ignorance about hate crimes hoaxes.

Listen and learn, addled enablers of fraud. Fake Noose is a sick phenomenon that has run rampant across the country unchecked. I've chronicled the self-victimization pathology in my books, columns and blog posts for years:

—Columbia University, 2007. Remember black psychology professor Madonna Constantine? She made the rounds on none other than ABC's "Good Morning America," claiming she found a "degrading" noose (made of hand-tied twine) hanging from her office door. Constantine led fist-waving protests, decried "systematic racism," and prompted a nationwide uproar, as I reported at the time in the New York Post. Things didn't add up when Columbia initially blocked investigators from obtaining 56 hours of surveillance video. No culprits could be found on the militantly progressive campus obsessed with diversity and multiculturalism. It turned out that Constantine was desperately trying to distract from a brewing internal probe of her serial plagiarism, for which she was eventually fired. The hate crime probe hit a dead end and Constantine faced no criminal charges over the Fake Noose incident.

—Baltimore Fire Department, 2007. Another manufactured outrage erupted when black firefighter-paramedic apprentice Donald Maynard claimed he found a knotted rope and threatening note with a noose drawing on it at his stationhouse. A federal civil rights investigation ensued and the NAACP cried racism — until Maynard confessed to the noose nonsense amid a department-wide cheating scandal. A top official revealed that Maynard admitted "conducting a scheme meant to create the perception that members within our department were acting in a discriminatory and unprofessional manner." Maynard faced no criminal charges over the Fake Noose incident.

—University of Delaware, 2015. Black Lives Matter agitators and campus activists triggered a full alert when a student spotted a "racist display" of three "noose-like objects" hanging from trees. The UD president called it "deplorable;" protesters wept that they were not being taken seriously. After investigating, police discovered the "nooses" were metal "remnants of paper lanterns" hung as decorations during an alumni weekend celebration.

—Salisbury State University, 2016. Students, faculty and administrators were horrified when a stick figure hanging from a noose on a whiteboard was discovered at the school's library. The N-word and hashtag #WhitePower also appeared in the menacing graffiti. Campus authorities immediately launched an investigation, which exposed two black students as the perpetrators. Prosecutors declined to file criminal charges against the Fake Noosers.

—Kansas State University, 2017. A paroxysm of protest struck K-State after someone reported a noose hanging from a tree on campus. Black students lambasted authorities for not acting quickly enough. They stoked anger online with the hashtag #DontLeaveUsHanging and demanded increased security. But the "noose" was made of cut pieces of nylon parachute cord, which police believed had been discarded by someone who "may have simply been practicing tying different kinds of knots."

—Michigan State University, 2017. When a student reported a noose hanging outside her dorm room, MSU administrators went into full freakout mode over the racial incident. Cops and the Office of Institutional Equity were immediately notified. "A noose is a symbol of intimidation and threat that has a horrendous history in America," the university president bemoaned. But it turned out the "noose" was a "packaged leather shoelace" that someone had dropped accidentally.

—Smithsonian museums, 2017. NPR called the discovery of "nooses" lying on the grounds of two Smithsonian Institute museums the "latest in a string of hate incidents" after Trump's election. The African-American museum director called them a "reminder of America's dark history." But the museums refused to release surveillance video and my public records request filed last November yielded zero corroboration of any hate crime. The Washington Post, New York Times and ABC's "Good Morning America," which all splashed the story front and center, have yet to follow up.

—Mississippi State Capitol, 2018. ABC, CBS, CNN and Yahoo were among the media outlets that blared headlines about seven nooses and "hate signs" found hanging in trees by the capitol building before a special runoff election for U.S. Senate. The stories created an unmistakable impression that the nooses were left by GOP racists intending to intimidate black voters. In truth, the nooses were a publicity stunt perpetrated by Democrats.

In the wake of Smollett's folly, media sensationalists bluster that there's no way they could have known they were being strung along. Thanks for the valuable admission, elite news professionals, that you are not only dumb and blind but incompetent to boot. It doesn't take a fancy journalism degree to learn from the long, sordid history of Fake Noose:

When you've seen one social justice huckster, you've seen 'em all.

Source
                            HERE’S A LIST OF HOAX ‘HATE CRIMES’ IN THE TRUMP ERA They provide 20 examples nearly all got a great deal of coverage (their being shown to be fake -- not so much).

OTOH, anyone remember when a young mentally disabled white teen was kidnapped for two days in the run-up to then President-elect Trump’s inauguration and tortured live on Facebook for several hours by black teens screaming "[f-bomb] Trump!" and "[f-bomb] white people!"? No? Not really a surprise as the story got but a fraction of the coverage of Smollet's faked attack with both ABC’s World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News skipping the story while CBS Evening News allocated a mere 27 seconds to it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

smollett.jpg
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Smollett is now officially considered a suspect in a criminal investigation

Source: Jussie Smollett now considered suspect in his report of hate-crime attack, Chicago police say

Police said Smollett is suspected of filing a false police report, which is a felony

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, whose claim of being attacked in a possible hate crime came under doubt, is now suspected of filing a false police report, which is a felony, Chicago police said Wednesday.

“Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony),” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi wrote in a tweet. He added that detectives were “currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury.”

But some other social media users began to question Smollett's claims after police said they were not able to find video of the incident after going through a plethora of footage from many surveillance cameras in the affluent Streeterville neighborhood of Chicago where the attack allegedly occurred.

On Jan. 30, police released pictures from a surveillance camera located near where Smollett said he was attacked that showed two men who police said were "potential persons of interest."

The two men were taken into custody on Feb. 13 and questioned. They were released two days later, on Friday, without charges. Police said the two, who are brothers, are no longer suspects in the case and are cooperating in the probe.

On Saturday, a police source said the probe had shifted into whether the actor had paid the two brothers, Ola and Abel Osundairo, to stage an assault. Investigators had discovered that the brothers had purchased the rope used in the alleged attack.

Guglielmi said investigators wanted to have another interview with Smollett.

Smollett didn't talk to police on Monday or Tuesday. However, Ola and Abel Osundairo met with police and prosecutors at a criminal court building on Tuesday, according to police spokesman Tom Ahern.

That same afternoon, police investigated and then discounted a tip they received that Smollett was seen with the Osundairo brothers on the night of the attack.

Smollett has told police he was on the phone with his manager during the alleged attack, and the manager said he heard the attackers say, "This is MAGA country." The actor refused to hand over his cellphone to police, but later gave investigators a PDF file containing a limited list of his calls.

On Wednesday, Fox refuted a TMZ story claiming Smollett's scenes on the show were "getting slashed" from nine to four.

"Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set and as we have previously stated, he is not being written out of the show," 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment said in a statement.

In his first interview about the incident last week, the actor told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he was angry about the alleged attack and that people were doubting him.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more, and that says a lot about the place we are in our country right now," Smollett said.

Source

Comment