Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jussie Smollett: MAGA Attack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jussie Smollett’s ‘Empire’ scenes cut after attack controversy

Scenes featuring Jussie Smollett on the hit TV show “Empire” have been drastically cut amid the whirlwind of controversy surrounding his alleged hate attack, according to a report Tuesday.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/19/jussi...208.1550003555

I think this young man ruined his career, over something stupid, sad really...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Corey "I AM SPARTACUS" Booker is now saying the same. And the leftist media is spinning like crazy, saying not to bother with the facts, just focus on the narrative. Just because THIS one isn't true, it still happens, and THAT is what matters.
      It's even worse: a CNN shill is trying to claim that there was "really careful reporting by news organizations" and none of them jumped to a conclusion before knowing the facts.

Um... false!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        I suspect there are others, but one is enough to show that it's not necessary to invent them. Erm... Jussie Smollett isn't a woman...?
        Your link - your singular example -- Ashley Todd. Female.

(at least, I believe she was a she at the time of the incident)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Corey "I AM SPARTACUS" Booker is now saying the same. And the leftist media is spinning like crazy, saying not to bother with the facts, just focus on the narrative. Just because THIS one isn't true, it still happens, and THAT is what matters.
          That is precisely how many on the left see it. They don't keep "falling" for these hoaxes because in their heart that is how they see America. The fact that they lack any evidence to back up their hatred and glom onto one faked story after another troubles them not a whit because they just "know" it happens all the time. The whole "fake but accurate" standard permeates their mentality.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            That is precisely how many on the left see it. They don't keep "falling" for these hoaxes because in their heart that is how they see America. The fact that they lack any evidence to back up their hatred and glom onto one faked story after another troubles them not a whit because they just "know" it happens all the time. The whole "fake but accurate" standard permeates their mentality.
            In the mean time...

Man accused of pulling gun on victim wearing MAGA hat

According to the police report, officers were called to Sam's Club due to a person with a gun.

According to the alleged victim Terry Pierce, a man pulled a gun on him because he was wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat.

"I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to," said Pierce.

The police report confirms that the suspect, identified as James Phillips, admitted to flipping off Pierce and Pierce's wife because of their hats.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Ma...505971901.html
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
              Everyone should have been skeptical of an attack on a -45 degree night by two guys who just happened to have a rope and bleach just discovered and recognized a black, gay actor and who proclaimed Chicago to be "MAGA country".
              And of a person who went to the hospital, then called police and when they arrived still had the noose around his neck.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And of a person who went to the hospital, then called police and when they arrived still had the noose around his neck.
                Why not, he paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Why not, he paid for it.
                  He was probably hoping for some Paparazzi to take a photo for the tabloids.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    He was probably hoping for some Paparazzi to take a photo for the tabloids.
                    Or he was making a fashion statement...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Or he was making a fashion statement...
                      Funny you should mention that...

noose.jpg

'Suicide isn't fashion': Burberry apologizes for hoodie with noose around the neck
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Funny you should mention that...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35198[/ATTACH]
                        Just shows how fashion forward Smollett was...

Comment

He also claimed to have sustained a cracked rib in the attack but was on stage performing two-days later. Right... if you have a cracked rib then the only time it doesn't hurt is when you don't breathe. There's no way you could be on stage prancing around and singing your lungs out, I don't care what kind of pain killers you might be on.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Kamala Harris after initially denouncing the attack as "an attempted modern day lynching" is now saying, "I’m not going to comment until I know the outcome of that investigation."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-day-lynching/
                            To be fair and grant a benefit of the doubt it could well be that after getting burned by jumping in like she did right after the story broke maybe she doesn't want to have the same thing happen a second time by jumping in again as this story breaks.

Of course the proof in the pudding will be if she refrains from doing the same thing the next time a similar story is first publicized/aired.

Comment

He also claimed to have sustained a cracked rib in the attack but was on stage performing two-days later. Right... if you have a cracked rib then the only time it doesn't hurt is when you don't breathe. There's no way you could be on stage prancing around and singing your lungs out, I don't care what kind of pain killers you might be on.
                              The claim of a broken rib was later changed to that of a bruised rib but yeah both making deep breathing painful.

Comment

That's true! I fell down (tripped) and cracked a rib. Doctor said they couldn't do anything other than give me some pain meds and tell me to not move around. The pain meds did nothing and even breathing hurt. Moving around walking and swinging my arms around on a stage, bellowing out a song would not be on my list of things to do.

I always laugh watching TV shows where some hero gets some busted ribs and soldiers on with just a grimace. Ha!

Comment