Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jussie Smollett: MAGA Attack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jussie Smollett: MAGA Attack...

So many leftists politicians like Corey Booker (“a modern-day lynching”) were ready to jump on this as a racist, Trump inspired, attack without knowing the facts. But it all seems to be falling apart.

Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

The two Nigerian brothers arrested in connection with the assault on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett are no longer suspects in the attack. They're now cooperating with police.

A source close to the investigation confirms to CBS News the brothers told detectives Smollett paid them to participate in the alleged attack on January 29 and that they purchased the rope — which was found around Smollett's neck — at a nearby hardware store. The source said detectives have evidence to corroborate the sale, something the men's attorney alluded to Friday night.

"New evidence that was brought to their attention, obviously I had it, my clients had it," said Gloria Schmidt, the brothers' attorney.

The Chicago Police Department released a statement Saturday night saying information from the brothers had "shifted the trajectory of the investigation."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie-...ys-2019-02-16/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I've read some of this last night. It is quite pathetic of how much of our media has changed. It is no longer objective news about social issues that are impacting communities. It is a hyper-yellow journalistic prejudicial propaganda that is motivated to create deep entrenched emotional reaction. Our news outlets create the culture storms we are seeing today.
    For a Christ-Centric Recovery and Mindful Christian Living - Damascus Way Recovery

For Latter-day Saint Christian, Political, and Social Commentary and Apologetics - Mormon Apologia

Comment

I've been following this train wreck of a story, and a lot of people had this pegged as a hoax from the beginning. He was walking the streets of Chicago at 2AM in frigid temperatures? Two Trump supporters just happened to be out and about at the same time, just happened to recognize an obscure actor, and just happened to be carrying a rope and bleach? Smollet waited over 45-minutes after arriving home before contacting the police? Smollet claimed he was on the phone with his manager at the time of the attack but refused to turn over cell phone records to the police which he claimed would corroborate his story?

It just didn't add up, and props to the police department for diligently getting to the truth.

Now I expect apologies from all those media outlets, politicians, and celebrities who used this hoax to smear Trump and his supporters. Yeah right, they're just going to bury this and pretend it never happened.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

On a positive note, race relations have apparently improved so dramatically in America that people have to fake hate crimes against themselves.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Now I expect apologies from all those media outlets, politicians, and celebrities who used this hoax to smear Trump and his supporters. Yeah right, they're just going to bury this and pretend it never happened.
          Much like with the false narrative of the boys from that Catholic school. No apologies - even from Nathan Phillips. He still claims to be a victim. You are correct, it's always been a smear campaign from day one of His inauguration.
          For a Christ-Centric Recovery and Mindful Christian Living - Damascus Way Recovery

For Latter-day Saint Christian, Political, and Social Commentary and Apologetics - Mormon Apologia

Comment

The little fella wasn't getting the attention he craved, so it appears - thus far - he created his own.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now I expect apologies from all those media outlets, politicians, and celebrities who used this hoax to smear Trump and his supporters.
              I'm holding my breath as I write... I think I'm going to be unconscious soon...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                The little fella wasn't getting the attention he craved, so it appears - thus far - he created his own.
                He might be facing three years, it is a felony...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  So many leftists politicians like Corey Booker (“a modern-day lynching”) were ready to jump on this as a racist, Trump inspired, attack without knowing the facts. But it all seems to be falling apart.
                  Right from the start he kept changing his story which ought to have been a red flag but the MSM ignored it and ran with it much like they did with the Covington High School kids story -- and for the same reason. As Joy Behar frankly admitted on the View wrt to Covington and why the press leaped on it: "Because we're desperate to get Trump out of office. That's why" So any sort of negative act that someone does that they can hang on him they will jump on with both feet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On a positive note, race relations have apparently improved so dramatically in America that people have to fake hate crimes against themselves.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: Jussie Smollett, pals reportedly rehearsed alleged attack

Jussie Smollett allegedly promised to pay his two pals $4,000 to stage his racist and homophobic assault — which the trio even rehearsed beforehand, according to a new report.

The embattled “Empire” star paid $3,500 to bodybuilding brothers Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo before they left for Nigeria the day of the Jan. 29 attack, and promised another $500 upon their return to the US, sources told CBS Chicago.

The brothers told cops that the alleged attack in Chicago was supposed to happen before Jan. 29 and that they practiced it in the days before it happened.

Smollett, 36, also allegedly paid for the rope, which was purchased from the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25.

Sources said one of the brothers held the rope and poured bleach on Smollett during the 2 a.m. attack, while the other donned a red hat and shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him.

The red hat was bought at an Uptown beauty supply store.

Smollett has claimed his two attackers called him a “f—t,” “n—r” and yelled “This is MAGA country!” before throwing a noose around his neck and dousing him in an unknown “chemical substance.”

The Osundairo brothers were arrested Wednesday, the same day they returned from Nigeria, and identified as suspects — but then released Friday without charges.

They are cooperating in the investigation and holed up at an undisclosed location.

Cops have said the pair of budding model-actors have a “relationship” with Smollett and worked on his hit TV show on Fox.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at the link above*]

Grabien News has a montage of how the MSM uncritically parroted Smollett's story

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Jussie Smollett, pals reportedly rehearsed alleged attack
                        Another false flag that the press and slimy politicians uncritically accepted and parroted. Because, well, they wanted it to be true...

Comment

As far as I can tell, almost all of the claims of the attack being planned that are being released are based on anonymous "sources" which this board normally dismisses. The only information actually released publicly, as far as I can tell, is the vague statement of the police that "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation."

It find it a bit contradictory to uncritically jump onto the "it was all faked" narrative after complaining about the media jumping uncritically onto the original narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            As far as I can tell, almost all of the claims of the attack being planned that are being released are based on anonymous "sources" which this board normally dismisses. The only information actually released publicly, as far as I can tell, is the vague statement of the police that "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation."

It find it a bit contradictory to uncritically jump onto the "it was all faked" narrative after complaining about the media jumping uncritically onto the original narrative.
                            Fair point although I think the fact that the brothers went from being picked up and named as suspects to being quickly released without being charged is rather telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post

Who said it was all faked? Though it does seem that it is falling apart, and not only because of these recent revelations - it made no sense from the get go.

Comment