Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Martina Navratilova: Trans Athletes Competing Is 'Insane and 'Cheating'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martina Navratilova: Trans Athletes Competing Is 'Insane and 'Cheating'

So stating obvious facts make one hateful and anti-trans?

Martina Navratilova: Trans Athletes Competing Is 'Insane and 'Cheating'

The lesbian trailblazer and multiple Grand Slam winner wrote a column in the Sunday Times of London that leans into transphobic rhetoric.

Trailblazing lesbian tennis champ Martina Navratilova, who was already criticized for an anti-trans tweet in December, has now penned a column about trans athletes in the Sunday Times of London that feeds into hateful anti-trans rhetoric.

In a column entitled “The Rules on Trans Athletes Reward Cheats and Punish the Innocent,” the multiple Grand Slam winner said that allowing trans athletes to compete in women’s sports is “insane and it is cheating.”

Navratilova, who came out publicly in 1981, began the column by reiterating that she had gotten into a Twitter scuffle over a Tweet she’d posted about trans athletes.

“You can’t just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women,” the tweet read, “There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard.”

At the time, trans track cyclist Rachel McKinnon, who last October became the first trans woman to win a world title in her sport, went after Navratilova for her statements. The tennis star deleted the offending tweet and said that she would “educate” herself.

But in her column in the Sunday Times, Navratilova doubled down on her anti-trans statements writing, “Ever the peacemaker, I promised to keep quiet on the subject until I had properly researched it. Well, I’ve now done that and, if anything, my views have strengthened,” she wrote.

“To put the argument at its most basic: a man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organization is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires,” Navratilova wrote.
    It’s insane and it’s cheating. I am happy to address a transgender woman in whatever form she prefers, but I would not be happy to compete against her. It would not be fair.

The International Olympics Committee, in 2016, adopted guidelines for trans athletes that did not mandate that trans athletes undergo gender reassignment surgery in order to compete. While there are no restrictions placed on trans male athletes under IOC guidelines, trans women are required to show that following hormone therapy, their testosterone levels have fallen under a specific amount. But that restriction doesn’t go far enough for Navratilova.

“Simply reducing hormone levels – the prescription most sports have adopted – does not solve the problem,” wrote Navratilova. “A man builds up muscle and bone density, as well as a greater number of oxygen-carrying red blood cells, from childhood.”

In a tweet about Navratilova's column, McKinnon called out her transphobia

https://www.advocate.com/sports/2019...nsane-cheating.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The world is an insane asylum and it's run by the inmates.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The world is an insane asylum and it's run by the inmates.
      There is nothing irrational or anti-trans in what she said, but that makes no difference with the insane left...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        There is nothing irrational or anti-trans in what she said, but that makes no difference with the insane left...
        And they seem too clueless to realize this comes back to make them eat their own.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It goes against the liberal narrative that women are equal to men in all things, because she is admitting that men are physically stronger, even if they call themselves women.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            It goes against the liberal narrative that women are equal to men in all things, because she is admitting that men are physically stronger, even if they call themselves women.
            This is why we are in trouble, facts don't matter...

Comment

yep. Reality is just what you decide to say it is and everyone else has to agree with you.

I have decided that when they take away all the guns I will keep mine and just self-identify as being disarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                It does, but it's even deeper than this. The narrative now is that men and women, as a defined concept, don't exist. The only way you know if someone is male or female is if they tell you, and asking about genitals is rude and doesn't prove anything. There's no science or biology or medical information that can be used to distinguish between the sexes.

Even though, well... there definitely is.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                  It does, but it's even deeper than this. The narrative now is that men and women, as a defined concept, don't exist. The only way you know if someone is male or female is if they tell you, and asking about genitals is rude and doesn't prove anything. There's no science or biology or medical information that can be used to distinguish between the sexes.

Even though, well... there definitely is.
                  All of this is brought to by the self-appointed "party of science."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...not-logic-quot

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From now on, when I use the words, "He, She, Man, Woman, Male, Female" I am referring to their biological sex. If I want to refer gender, I will preface the term with "gender" so I could refer to "gender-he, gender-she, gender-woman, gender-male"

Comment

So stating obvious facts make one hateful and anti-trans?
                        I saw this. It does highlight the difference between the PC Party line and sanity. If you are physically male, it really doesn't matter what you 'identify with' mentally. Your body is still a male body and should be competing against male athletes. This is why the whole trans thing gets to me. Except in a very small minority of the cases, we are talking about a fully male body, or a fully female body. When it comes to sports, bathrooms etc, the criteria are physical, not mental.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment