Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No more blonde jokes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more blonde jokes!

How silly is the leftist world going to get? As my husband said, "Try fitting a big Afro into a hard hat....".

New York City is bringing in a ban on discriminating against anyone due to their hairstyle, in what is believed to be the first law of its kind in the United States.

Anyone who is found to have discriminated against someone at work, school or in a public place due to their hairstyle can be fined up to $250,000 by the city’s commission on human rights. Victims can claim unlimited damages.

The change in law, announced on Monday, applies to anyone in New York City but is designed to help black people.

The guidelines specifically mention the right of New Yorkers to maintain their “natural hair, treated or untreated hairstyles such as locs, cornrows, twists, braids, Bantu knots, fades, Afros, and/or the right to keep hair in an uncut or untrimmed state.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...on-based-hair/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Hey it says hairstyles, not hair color! I can still make blonde jokes! I just can't make fun of their hairstyle.

Like this one!

A blonde is walking down the street, listening to her headphones. She turns into a hair salon and sits down in a chair. "Make my hair look good, but whatever you do, don't take off the headphones." she tells the stylist. the stylist then proceeds to cut her hair. the blonde falls asleep, and the hair stylist is thinking "its really hard to cut with these on." she takes them off, and the blonde stops breathing. the stylist calls 911 and when they come and take her away, she puts on the headphones to see what they say, and she hears a voice saying "Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out..."

Or this one:

A blonde went to the appliance store sale and found a bargain. "I would like to buy this TV," she told the salesman.
    "Sorry, we don't sell to blondes," he replied.
    The blonde was very angry about this. She hurried home and dyed her hair, then came back and again told the salesman, "I would like to buy this TV."
    The blonde did not know how the salesman had recognized her. This time, she got a haircut and new color, a new outfit and big sunglasses. She then waited a few days before she approached the salesman.
    "I would like to buy this TV."

Frustrated, she exclaimed, "How do you know I'm a blonde?"
    "Because that's a microwave," he replied.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Hey it says hairstyles, not hair color! I can still make blonde jokes! I just can't make fun of their hairstyle.

Like this one!

A blonde is walking down the street, listening to her headphones. She turns into a hair salon and sits down in a chair. "Make my hair look good, but whatever you do, don't take off the headphones." she tells the stylist. the stylist then proceeds to cut her hair. the blonde falls asleep, and the hair stylist is thinking "its really hard to cut with these on." she takes them off, and the blonde stops breathing. the stylist calls 911 and when they come and take her away, she puts on the headphones to see what they say, and she hears a voice saying "Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out..."

Or this one:

A blonde went to the appliance store sale and found a bargain. "I would like to buy this TV," she told the salesman.
        The blonde was very angry about this. She hurried home and dyed her hair, then came back and again told the salesman, "I would like to buy this TV."
        The blonde did not know how the salesman had recognized her. This time, she got a haircut and new color, a new outfit and big sunglasses. She then waited a few days before she approached the salesman.
        "I would like to buy this TV."

Frustrated, she exclaimed, "How do you know I'm a blonde?"
        "Because that's a microwave," he replied.
        Ouch!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          If the shoe fits...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I know where you live, Sparky.

Comment

I know where you live, Sparky.

You haven't been blonde in eons.

Comment

Gray?

Comment

So New Yorker's are not allowed to comment on this?

or this?

Comment

How silly is the leftist world going to get? As my husband said, "Try fitting a big Afro into a hard hat....".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...on-based-hair/
                    That is pretty crazy. I do agree that in general people are getting really nutz. Like as in funny farm nutz. oops, probably not allowed to say that either ...
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You are so dead.

Comment