Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not strong enough I fear. There is enough in the other assessments to indicate that people who would rather destabilise your govt than accept a less than iron-clad exoneration will continue their activities. (That is not to say it would be any different if it WAS iron-clad).
    Last edited by tabibito; 03-24-2019, 11:03 PM.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Good thing they're mostly anti-gun!

Well, after the police officer was acquitted in the Pittsburgh shooting trial, someone shot up his lawyer's office.

But that's OT.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

In other words, if you're never charged with a crime then there's nothing to be exonerated from.
        He didn't clear anyone. He said he couldn't prove the available evidence in a court of law beyond reasonable doubt. But AG Barr said specifically the report doesn't exonerate Trump. Also, we only have Barr’s summary of Mueller's report. It's Congress’s job to investigate further based upon the entire report, not the AG's selected excerpts.

As for the SDNY, they're under the purview of AG Barr, and he's not going to simply let them pick up the investigation where Mueller left off.
        It’s a separate enquiry. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York is already carrying out a series of probes related to the president, including efforts focused on Trump's inaugural committee. It is also overseeing an investigation into potential campaign finance violations tied to the president. I

t ain't over till the fat lady sings
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          Then you assume incorrectly.
          Then in that case you chose to ignore it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            He didn't clear anyone. He said he couldn't prove the available evidence in a court of law beyond reasonable doubt.
            Also known as "not guilty".

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            But AG Barr said specifically the report doesn't exonerate Trump.
            The report neither condemned nor exonerated but left it an open question to be answered by the attorney general. Barr and Rosenstein reviewed the evidence submitted by Mueller and determined that none of the President's actions "constitute obstructive conduct". In other words, Trump was fully exonerated by the Department of Justice.

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            It's Congress’s job to investigate further...
            It's really not. They can no more litigate someone cleared by the Department of Justice than they can overturn a Supreme Court ruling. It's called the separation of powers.

As for the SDNY, it's much ado about nothing, and I have a feeling that Barr is going hold them to the same high standard and keep them on a short leash like he did with Mueller (I don't think it's a coincidence that Mueller quickly wrapped up his witch-hunt shortly after Barr was appointed).

Sorry, but this was nothing but (another) yuge win for Trump.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Sorry, but this was nothing but (another) yuge win for Trump.
              That is exactly right, no matter how you spin it...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Adelaide Advertiser: 25/03/2019 (Andrew Bolt - Opinion)

The greatest fake news story of this century just blew up. ... It is now time to switch focus to how this vicious witch-hunt got so far. ... Why did the FBI peddle a now-discredited dirt file on Trump ... then there's the media's squalid role ... no wonder the media left was on mute last weekend
                The 'tiser often features an argument/counter-argument format in matters like this. Bolt is one of the journo's who takes (more or less) the right wing side, with the left wing getting its say in close proximity ... maybe tomorrow
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• This is where we say to Tassman and JimL:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    He didn't clear anyone. He said he couldn't prove the available evidence in a court of law beyond reasonable doubt. But AG Barr said specifically the report doesn't exonerate Trump. Also, we only have Barr’s summary of Mueller's report. It's Congress’s job to investigate further based upon the entire report, not the AG's selected excerpts.

It’s a separate enquiry. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York is already carrying out a series of probes related to the president, including efforts focused on Trump's inaugural committee. It is also overseeing an investigation into potential campaign finance violations tied to the president. I

t ain't over till the fat lady sings
                    Tass give it a rest. Seriously. I don't like Donald Trump period. But at this point in time some of his actions you'd have to prove intent which is nearly impossible to do. Television makes it look very simple but its not that easy. Barr pointed out that Mueller gave Trump and his team what he thought was a "fair investigation." Even Michael Cohen didn't indicate he new of any collusion before congress. I am happy that Mueller blamed those in Russia that offered to fix the election and I'm happy that Mueller's team was able to find those were doing the social media hacking. But at least we know that Trump didn't have direct involvement in ordering it. Does it mean I'll end up liking Trump? No I won't. But that piece is over.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• This is like election night all over again...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Then in that case you chose to ignore it.
                        No - I stand by my observation. "Others did it" is not an excuse.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          This is where we say to Tassman and JimL:
                          JimL appears to be MIA

Tassman is spinning like a dreidel on Hanukkah.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

JimL appears to be MIA

Comment

JimL appears to be MIA

He didn't get the memo that JimL and Starlight did to make themselves scarce.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                He didn't get the memo that JimL and Starlight did to make themselves scarce.
                                It's really not a good week for Trump-haters.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment