Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mueller Report Next Week?

This is going to be interesting...

Washington (CNN)Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans.

The preparations are the clearest indication yet that Mueller is nearly done with his almost two-year investigation.
    The precise timing of the announcement is subject to change.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/polit...ent/index.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Democrats have been clambering for a release of the full, unredacted report, but that's not how things are done in criminal investigations. How it normally works is that the report is released to a prosecutor who looks it over and then prepares an executive summary of the actual findings. That means the public will not be privy to every detail and every fruitless goose chase undertaken by Dirty Cop Mueller, and the reason for this very simple: innocent until proven guilty. If there is no evidence to indict a subject of an investigation then they likely won't even be mentioned in an executive summary, nor will the intimate details of their lives uncovered by investigators be released to the public, and this is how it should be (although no doubt those details will be leaked by the dirty cop and his team anyway).

And I think liberals are aware of what nothing-burger this is going to turn out to be. They've been dribbling out little interviews here and there over the past several weeks preparing their low-information readers for the "worst". The latest was James Clapper telling CNN that "the investigation, when completed, could turn out to be quite anti-climactic".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Democrats have been clambering for a release of the full, unredacted report, but that's not how things are done in criminal investigations. How it normally works is that the report is released to a prosecutor who looks it over and then prepares an executive summary of the actual findings. That means the public will not be privy to every detail and every fruitless goose chase undertaken by Dirty Cop Mueller, and the reason for this very simple: innocent until proven guilty. If there is no evidence to indict a subject of an investigation then they likely won't even be mentioned in an executive summary, nor will the intimate details of their lives uncovered by investigators be released to the public, and this is how it should be (although no doubt those details will be leaked by the dirty cop and his team anyway).

And I think liberals are aware of what nothing-burger this is going to turn out to be. They've been dribbling out little interviews here and there over the past several weeks preparing their low-information readers for the "worst". The latest was James Clapper telling CNN that "the investigation, when completed, could turn out to be quite anti-climactic".
      If it turns out to be a nothing burger, all that means is that Mueller was part of the coverup all along!

Comment

La le lu le lo.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          La le lu le lo.
          Are you Yodeling?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Is there any reason to believe the report would be made publicly available, even?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

‘Innocent until proven guilty’ just means that a prosecutor has to prove his case. It does not imply that a criminal is innocent. That should be obvious even to Republicans.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Is there any reason to believe the report would be made publicly available, even?
                It doesn't have to be, but if there is criminality I'm sure it will be.

Comment

I see that Trump and Kushner have been hard at work planning to fill their pockets by selling nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia. Someone has blown the whistle on the little monkeys.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    It doesn't have to be, but if there is criminality I'm sure it will be.
                    There are reasons to keep certain details hidden until the trial. Most likely the executive summary will simply state who is being charged with what, and perhaps name people who will not be prosecuted if they were known targets of the investigation and leave it at that. The rest of the details will probably come out in the trials, if there are any (and assuming Dirty Cop Mueller and his gang of crooks don't leak the details themselves).

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Are you Yodeling?
                      Its metal gear. The patriots. La le lu le lo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        Its metal gear. The patriots. La le lu le lo.
                        I have no idea what you are talking about. Heavy Metal Yodeling?

Comment

Metal Gear is a series of video games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            If it turns out to be a nothing burger, all that means is that Mueller was part of the coverup all along!
                            AND that they didn't release ALL of the report.

What would be a real hoot is if the report laid out a solid case for multiple indictments, then concluded with "no reasonable prosecutor...." THAT would be sweet justice!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              AND that they didn't release ALL of the report.

What would be a real hoot is if the report laid out a solid case for multiple indictments, then concluded with "no reasonable prosecutor...." THAT would be sweet justice!
                              What do you say to the 37 indictments so far in the Mueller probe?

Comment