Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    you think?

Jim
    I do.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks is saying that the only reason Mueller didn't find evidence of Russian collusion during the election is because it happened AFTER the election!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-full-bananas/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• So does this mean Trump is innocent, or does it mean Mueller was
        A. Incompetent?
        B. Colluding with Trump all along?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So does this mean Trump is innocent, or does it mean Mueller was
          A. Incompetent?
          If Trump is cleared of colluding and/or any criminal wrongdoing I guess we'll see some serious back-pedaling on the rhetoric employed wrt Mueller from the White House and a ratcheting up of conspiracy theories from the left (if that is even possible)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks is saying that the only reason Mueller didn't find evidence of Russian collusion during the election is because it happened AFTER the election!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-full-bananas/
            So... Trump got together to with the Russians in order to win the 2016 election AFTER the 2016 election was over. Did he borrow little jimmy's bong?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              So does this mean Trump is innocent, or does it mean Mueller was
              A. Incompetent?
              MSNBC's Joy Reid has advanced the conspiracy theory that AG Barr forced Mueller to prematurely conclude his investigation in order to cover it up.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...-up-are-here/#

It's just too bad Barr was compelled by special counsel rules to release a statement saying that Mueller was never impeded by the Department of Justice and had free reign to conduct the investigation however he wanted.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...esident-trump/

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                So... Trump got together to with the Russians in order to win the 2016 election AFTER the 2016 election was over. Did he borrow little jimmy's bong?
                They had a dorito time machine.

Comment

• Chris Matthews no longer feels a thrill up his leg...

"So far tonight we have no reason to believe Trump is gonna be charged…he will not be charged with obstruction or collusion without ever having to sit down with the Special Counsel Mueller and answer his damn questions! HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN?"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...he-hook-video/

It's very simple: Trump never sat for an interview with Mueller because Mueller had nothing with which to compel Trump to sit for an interview.

Comment

Chris Matthews no longer feels a thrill up his leg...

"So far tonight we have no reason to believe Trump is gonna be charged…he will not be charged with obstruction or collusion without ever having to sit down with the Special Counsel Mueller and answer his damn questions! HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN?"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...he-hook-video/

It's very simple: Trump never sat for an interview with Mueller because Mueller had nothing with which to compel Trump to sit for an interview.
                    Absolutely - there has to be a compelling reason to force somebody to submit to questioning. (Unless you can dupe them into it because they don't know better)
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Absolutely - there has to be a compelling reason to force somebody to submit to questioning. (Unless you can dupe them into it because they don't know better)
                      I am fairly sure that law enforcement can question anyone to gather information, and if they have cause to be suspicious, as part of an investigation. That is why we call it an "investigation." Questioning is part of the process.

Six of Trump's former campaign staff have been indicted and/or convicted and/or plead guilty, including the man who was, for some period, his campaign chief and including one of his lawyers. Several meetings between members of the Trump campaign and family and various Russian contacts have been definitively documented. Contacts with Wikileaks (where the documents hacked by Russia were posted) have been documented. Trump is on record making unprecedented comments about Russia and Putin and against the leadership of his own country.

IMO, there is more than enough smoke to justify doing some questioning.

That being said, I am impressed with Mr. Mueller - his track record - his ability to inspire his team to be so disciplined with respect to leaks - and his general ethic. If he feels no such questioning is required, I have no reason to question his decision. I'm hoping his report is made public so that all of us can see the result of his work.
                      Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-23-2019, 06:27 PM.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Bingo. It's usually something like, "Here's what we know. It'll be in your best interest to come by and answer a few questions," or if they've really got you, it's "Here's how screwed you are. If you cooperate then we'll see to it that you're slightly less screwed."

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          I am fairly sure that law enforcement can question anyone to gather information, and if they have cause to be suspicious, as part of an investigation.
                          But they can't force you to talk to them, Carpe.

That is why we call it an "investigation." Questioning is part of the process.
                          Yeah, those of us who have actually worked in law enforcement are fully aware of what an "investigation" is, and you appear to be a bit foggy on the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                            IMO, there is more than enough smoke to justify doing some questioning.
                            Obviously not, or Mueller would have brought Trump in for questioning.

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                            ...his ability to inspire his team to be so disciplined with respect to leaks...
                            Ask Roger Stone if Mueller doesn't leak. And do you really think it was pure coincidence that mere weeks before Mueller's investigation was concluded, Pelosi and other ranking Democrats suddenly started distancing themselves from talk of impeachment? And that the mainstream media started sending up signal flares to alert their low-info consumers that the Mueller report was most likely to be a "dud"? How do you suppose they reached that conclusion?

But you go ahead and believe the narrative that Mueller never leaked.

Comment

But they can't force you to talk to them, Carpe.
                              Well - no. It is basically impossible to "force" someone to talk. You can make NOT talking unpleasant enough that someone chooses to talk - but we have laws about such things....mostly...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yeah, those of us who have actually worked in law enforcement are fully aware of what an "investigation" is, and you appear to be a bit foggy on the process.
                              So exactly which part of what I said is incorrect? I'm curious.
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Obviously not, or Mueller would have brought Trump in for questioning.
                                I'm pretty sure that's what I concluded. Perhaps you missed that part?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Ask Roger Stone if Mueller doesn't leak.
                                I know of no leak that came from Mueller or part of his team. The media camped outside their offices, and they did fine court briefs. As far as I know, everything that hit the press came from speculation from the former, or reading into the latter. If you know more - by all means share it. I'd be curious to see it.

And do you really think it was pure coincidence that mere weeks before Mueller's investigation was concluded, Pelosi and other ranking Democrats suddenly started distancing themselves from talk of impeachment?
                                I don't do wild speculation. Down that road lies an endless series of conspiracy theories. In my experience, people tend to speculate as true things that affirm their pre-existing positions. So just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts.

And that the mainstream media started sending up signal flares to alert their low-info consumers that the Mueller report was most likely to be a "dud"?
                                Same comment.

How do you suppose they reached that conclusion?
                                I have no idea. I would be speculating. I can think of several possibilities - including the one you have apparently decided is true. I prefer to say "I don't know" when I don't know.

But you go ahead and believe the narrative that Mueller never leaked.
                                If you have evidence of a leak - and something a bit more substantive than speculation - by all means present it. That being said, I believe I said I was impressed with the discipline of the team with respect to leaks. I don't think I claimed perfection - since I would have no way of substantiating that position. What I can say is I do not recall seeing a single news story about the Mueller investigation that was not based on filed court documents, who was being interviewed, or was provided by the people being interviewed. If there is such an example, I'd like to see it.

Comment