Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Let me get this straight.
    Good thing I still believe in miracles!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      First Jim, I think Grand Jury testimony has to be kept secret, second, what crimes? If he fudged on his taxes 20 years ago? Remember what this was all about - collusion. As far as Barr, it is an open question whether a sitting president can be indicted, there are scholars on both sides - but he still can be impeached.
      Grand jury testimony has always been kept secret. Congressional democrats should know this and are spreading lies in trying to pretend there’s a cover up.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yes, that, and the other immutable truth of living in the US -- you are innocent until proven guilty, regardless of the drumbeat of accusation. Have you forgotten that one?
        Maybe they don't cover that until Civics 102.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• The Spin and Misdirection Begins!

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: Voters don't care about Mueller report

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that voters care about the issues that affect their everyday lives, not special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the 2016 presidential election.

The 2020 Democratic presidential candidate told CBS late-night host Stephen Colbert that while the findings of the investigation are “important,” Democrats should be more concerned with addressing the concerns of Americans.

“I spent the last couple of days in New Hampshire,” Ms. Warren said. “I did a bunch of big public events. I took about 30 questions, just unfiltered from anybody, and then did long lines afterward where I talked to people — probably altogether over the weekend got maybe 100 questions. Do you know how many were about the Mueller report? Zero.

“Because what people were asking about were the things that touch their lives every day,” she said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utm_medium=RSS

Pay no attention to that report behind the curtain!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            You're frothing Jim. Love your enemy.
            It's not about being anti-Trump or anti- love your Enemy. If this were anyone else you didn't like, You would be crying for the report, You would want the transparency. I'm amazed and shocked, but maybe I shouldn't be, the number of people that insisted Obama produce a birth certificate, insisted he just couldn't be American, simply because they didn't like him. I'm amazed now at those who won't allow the Clinton case to rest, and of course insisted that General Petraeous be charged, and insist on transparency with his charges. People are consistently calling for justice to be done with anyone they simply do not like, yet with Donald Trump this should all be hidden away. The key finding here is obstruction and that is what the legislature should have access too. With Nixon and Bill Clinton they both were impeached for something. And we the public and for certain the legislature even more so, has every right to know was there Obstruction? Not a summary. Loving the enemy has zero to do with it.
            I think Bill you could take your own words and learn to love the Clintons and the Obamas and everyone else you see as a public threat and excuse them. I mean you know it would only be right.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              Jim, really you need to get a grip. If he is guilty of a crime he could and will be charged after he is out of office. That is ONLY a matter of timing, not of getting away with it. I understand you are disappointed that no collusion was found.
              No, you need to. My statements are about the need for transparency and the problem of an AG that believes a sitting president cant be indicted coupled with a congress that is unwilling to impeach. You can try to escalate that into something other than the point i was making, but i will not cooperate.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You're frothing Jim. Love your enemy.
                There is little one can do to stop people from mocking legitimate comments made logically and calmly. But if that is all you can bring to the discussion, that would mean you have no legitimate rebuttal, or that you are the one whose mind is hampered by emotion.
                Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No he isn't. If he breaks the law, he gets impeached after a trial by the Legislative branch. If impeached, he then gets tried by whatever court gets the case in their jurisdiction.
                  How will we know if he was fiund to have broken the law if the actual report is held in secret?

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    How will we know if he was fiund to have broken the law if the actual report is held in secret?

Jim
                    Because if Barr releases the parts he legally is forbidden from releasing, HE will go to jail. But that brings up an interesting side note that you haven't addressed. Do you think Muller and Barr are both hiding information that Trump is secretly guilty? And what's your evidence to prove that?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Yes, that, and the other immutable truth of living in the US -- you are innocent until proven guilty, regardless of the drumbeat of accusation. Have you forgotten that one?
                      I was very clear in my first statement that the issue of transparency and the danger to our country of a president officially being above the law. The issues I raise dont involve issues of innocence or guilt. They involve policy decisions that place president above the law, at least while president. Trumps innocence or guilt is irrelavent. It is the effect on the country long term of adopting policies and approaches to situations where the president might be guilty of a crime that prevent the capacity to discover the truth and thus effectively grant him immunity.

Transparency with the report, and the capacity to indict a sitting president prevent him from being above the law during the presidency.

Jim

Comment

Jim

Do you think that Mueller would not have brought charges if Trump had broken the law? He spent two years trying to find something. Why would he not use it if he had it?

Comment

Because if Barr releases the parts he legally is forbidden from releasing, HE will go to jail. But that brings up an interesting side note that you haven't addressed. Do you think Muller and Barr are both hiding information that Trump is secretly guilty? And what's your evidence to prove that?
                          The report contains secret grand jury testimony that Barr can't release. At least now. Eventually it'll be made public much in the same way the Starr report was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            The Spin and Misdirection Begins!

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: Voters don't care about Mueller report

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that voters care about the issues that affect their everyday lives, not special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the 2016 presidential election.

The 2020 Democratic presidential candidate told CBS late-night host Stephen Colbert that while the findings of the investigation are “important,” Democrats should be more concerned with addressing the concerns of Americans.

“I spent the last couple of days in New Hampshire,” Ms. Warren said. “I did a bunch of big public events. I took about 30 questions, just unfiltered from anybody, and then did long lines afterward where I talked to people — probably altogether over the weekend got maybe 100 questions. Do you know how many were about the Mueller report? Zero.

“Because what people were asking about were the things that touch their lives every day,” she said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utm_medium=RSS

Pay no attention to that report behind the curtain!
                            Another thing we're starting to hear is complaints about how Republicans, Trump supporters etc. are poor winners. How they're being vindictive in their vindication. Considering that there was an attempt to overturn an election based on a concocted bogus story relentlessly pushed by a hostile press I think they have a right to be angry.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We know because AG Barr has told us everything we need to know: zero evidence of collusion, and insufficient evidence to support a charge of obstruction, and unless you're preparing to claim that Barr, Rosenstein, Mueller, and "other Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel" are perpetrating a cover-up and can support that claim with evidence, then you're just going to have get over your cognitive dissonance and accept the fact that your President is an innocent man.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Another thing we're starting to hear is complaints about how Republicans, Trump supporters etc. are poor winners. How they're being vindictive in their vindication. Considering that there was an attempt to overturn an election based on a concocted bogus story relentlessly pushed by a hostile press I think they have a right to be angry.
                                Well to be fair, I bet if Mueller did come back with an indictment, a lot of Trump supporters would be saying the report was wrong or fixed and demanding to see the full report. Pretty much the same thing the liberals are saying but in reverse. Nobody likes to hear they were wrong.

Although then it would make sense to see the full report because there were charges made, where now he is not guilty so there are no charges and no evidence so the dirt if there is any should not be released.

Comment