Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Barr has the last word whether he consults with anyone or not. He didn't even consult with Mueller himself when drafting his phony summary of the report, and now that he has you all thinking Trump innocent he will do whatever he can get away with in order to hide the facts from the american people and Congress in order to cover for his corrupt boss, president Trump.
    You forgot to mention that Barr works for Putin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Why restate the obvious? You guys and your outlandish conspiracy theories.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• desperate_search-1024x721.jpg
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          He is supposed to be working for the american people but he has now made it quite obvious that he is working for Trump, so he might as well be said to be working for Putin.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            He is supposed to be working for the american people but he has now made it quite obvious that he is working for Trump, so he might as well be said to be working for Putin.
            you seem upset.jpg
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There ya go. I knew it was in ya.

Comment

Jim, did you ever notice that our National Anthem has a phrase in it "the rockets' red glare"? Communism! Putin! We were doomed from the start!

Fort-McHenry-VC-open32rdA.jpg
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/u...er-report.html

This is a story from The NYTimes (and The Washington Post) which are both credible news outlets.
                  You might try actually reading the story.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You might try actually reading the story.
                    You such a funny funny guy -- Tass actually READ something before yammering away?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You such a funny funny guy -- Tass actually READ something before yammering away?
                      First time for anything

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        First time for anything
                        When Horace the Bull......

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          When Horace the Bull......
                          Or Sparko willingly bathe.

Comment

• The NY Times and Washington Post are both reputable media outlets with a long history of reliable reporting. They stand by their story. We will no doubt get it "fleshed out" in due course, as we did re the Washington Post's "Deep Throat", which brought down the Nixon government.

Right... "credible".
                            https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

Comment

• From the same source, General comments about:

New York Times, Washington Post
                              These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

Which is to say that the actual information is (often) accurate, but the paper acts positively to influence opinion based on that information. What they print needs to be read with care. That need is demonstrated by headlines which conflict with or misrepresent the facts of the story. They are also selective with regard to coverage: don't expect any positive stories to be printed unless those stories reflect their political aims or ideology. Don't expect them to print stories where the facts conflict with their agenda.
                              Breitbart
                              A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source.
                              nuff said.
                              CNN
                              These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
                              FOX (deemed further from centre than CNN.)
                              These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.

There is no cause for confidence in any of them.
                              Last edited by tabibito; 04-12-2019, 01:31 AM.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                From the same source, General comments about:

New York Times, Washington Post
                                These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

Which is to say that the actual information is (often) accurate, but the paper acts positively to influence opinion based on that information. What they print needs to be read with care. That need is demonstrated by headlines which conflict with or misrepresent the facts of the story. They are also selective with regard to coverage: don't expect any positive stories to be printed unless those stories reflect their political aims or ideology. Don't expect them to print stories where the facts conflict with their agenda.
                                Wrt the New York Times this might be a bit outdated. They have thrown all pretenses into the winds during the 2016 election and their hiring of a blatantly unabashed racist for an editorial position last year was the icing on the cake.

As for the "loaded words" I really noticed that while looking for stories concerning the migrant caravans coming from Central America refusing amnesty in Mexico (thus putting the lie to the claim that they were just fleeing persecution and violence). For instance, both papers likened Mexico's offer as a "scheme."

Comment