Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canuckistan's Trudeau in reelection trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There doesn't seem to be any let up. Here's another story about Wilson-Raybould releasing corroborating documentation

Source: Fresh documents keep up pressure on Canada's Trudeau over scandal

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Trudeau says officials were trying to make Wilson-Raybould understand that thousands of jobs would be at risk if SNC-Lavalin were found guilty of bribing Libyan officials. Trudeau insists he and his team did nothing wrong.

FWIU, the company was threatening to move their HQ to London if the investigation continued. But aren't they in effect a construction company? And with construction companies you do the work on site. IOW, they can't, say, build a bridge in London and then ship it across the Atlantic for it to be installed somewhere in Canuckistan. They would still have to do the work in Canuckistan and hire Canuckistanis to do it.

So aside from the fact that Trudeau and his cronies seem fine with being blackmailed into letting a corporation get off scot free for flagrantly violate the law, but the threat seems rather impotent as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The crisis is opening rifts inside the Liberal Party and some legislators want Wilson-Raybould to be kicked out of the parliamentary caucus, a move Trudeau has so far resisted.
      Trudeau has recommended that the caucus kick W-R out. That way he doesn't look like the bad guy in that situation.

Why do they think that removing her from caucus is going to make the problem go away? It will likely just open up the door for more evidence against the PM and his cronies.

I hope the momentum continues until the election in October.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This just in today:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/enou...ules-1.4442128

MONTREAL -- A Quebec judge has ruled there is enough evidence to send SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. to trial on charges of fraud and corruption, surprising few and prompting a further tumble in the beleaguered firm's share price.

"Given the threshold to be met by the prosecution at the stage of the preliminary inquiry, this outcome was expected," said SNC-Lavalin chief executive Neil Bruce in a statement.

The company has previously pleaded not guilty and Bruce said that "we will vigorously defend ourselves to get the right outcome and be acquitted."

The Montreal-based engineering and construction giant is accused of paying $47.7 million in bribes to public officials in Libya between 2001 and 2011. The company, its construction division and a subsidiary also face one charge each of fraud and corruption for allegedly defrauding various Libyan organizations of $129.8 million.

The decision is the latest step in criminal proceedings that began last fall after SNC-Lavalin failed to secure a deferred prosecution agreement, a kind of plea deal that would have seen the firm agree to pay a fine rather than face prosecution.

Hopefully Trudeau will end up in court with them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This Just-in...........

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...-commissioner/

Comment

With luck he'll be back teaching French or whatever it was.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              With luck he'll be back teaching French or whatever it was.
              Substitute drama.

Sadly, there is no penalty for this. He can't be impeached or imprisoned or even fined.

However, it certainly lowers his popularity rating and his chances of being re-elected in October.

The jackass says he takes full responsibility for it all, but doesn't agree with the report.

And I love how the media shows clips of him in February blatantly lying through his teeth about the issue and then these findings. It's great!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Substitute drama.

Sadly, there is no penalty for this. He can't be impeached or imprisoned or even fined.

However, it certainly lowers his popularity rating and his chances of being re-elected in October.

The jackass says he takes full responsibility for it all, but doesn't agree with the report.

And I love how the media shows clips of him in February blatantly lying through his teeth about the issue and then these findings. It's great!
                  No penalty? Now there's a law with teeth.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    No penalty? Now there's a law with teeth.
                    Yup. Pretty stupid, all right.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Source: Canadians sour on Trudeau, less popular than Trump

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I think Trump's numbers may have taken a hit this past week.

Comment

Election called today.

October 21.

Comment