Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Jedidiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedidiah

You may have noticed that our Jed has not been on much since Christmas.

About a year ago, he was diagnosed with cancer, and has undergone a series of chemo treatments over the year.

Sadly, despite the treatments, Jed has not improved, and entered hospice care about a month ago.

I had news from his wife last Friday that he is not in pain, and is resting comfortably. He is at peace, as he has indicated repeatedly to us since he was diagnosed, and is ready to go Home to be with the Lord.

We wanted to let the membership know, so that those who wish to may pray for him and his family in his last days or weeks.

We will keep you updated as we learn more.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Lord if it is Jeds time may he know that ypu love him. Help his family. Grief often feels like fear.

If it is your will. In Jesus name Amen.
      sigpic

Comment

We will be sure to keep everyone informed of any news.

Comment

What TW said.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Lord if it is Jeds time may he know that ypu love him. Help his family. Grief often feels like fear.

If it is your will. In Jesus name Amen.
            Well said young man. Well said.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. Will be praying.
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I've had this email from Mrs. Jed, today. I had mailed a card a couple of weeks ago with staff names on it.
                    Jed is still in the hospital. He is not in pain and sleeps a lot. When awake he is confused and putting words to his thoughts is difficult and frustrating for him and us. All of the hospice staff are amazed that he is doing as well as he is. Your card came in the mail and he remembered each of you when I read it to him. He is at peace waiting on the Lord's timing. Thank you for your prayers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

God speed to you Jedidiah.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago he passed into the Lord's presence.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...7-Jedidiah-Tom
                        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Jed died!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            Jed died!
                            No, like Billy Graham said, "he just changed addresses".
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment