Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Looking for the Holy Grail no worries The Pendragon is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a favorite rendition of the Pendragon saga?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Do you have a favorite rendition of the Pendragon saga?
      Although I am a fan of most of the Arthurian Mythos, the name comes from my days on BBS's before there was an internet (Yes I pre-date the internet). It was just Pendragon back then. When I was asked whether it was "Uthor or Arthur" I replay nether it's "The". I take a D&D meaning and take it to mean "Ancient Dragon".

So that's the story behind my user name. I have not used it since my BBS days , so it's been a while since I've used it.

My favorite character in the Mythos is Merlin.
      "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
      -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm Jealous I want to live in the State of Jefferson like The Pendragon.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
            I'm Jealous I want to live in the State of Jefferson like The Pendragon.
            Is that like the Bible of Jefferson - you get to cut out the bits you don't like?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Is that like the Bible of Jefferson - you get to cut out the bits you don't like?

How would that compare with the Book of Mormon, absent all the "and it came to pass" and plagiarized KJV content?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                How would that compare with the Book of Mormon, absent all the "and it came to pass" and plagiarized KJV content?
                The book so abridged would be about this size, methinks.
                post it.jpg
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  The book so abridged would be about this size, methinks.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]35377[/ATTACH]
                  The book seems to be merely a prosy detail of imaginary history, with the Old Testament for a model; followed by a tedious plagiarism of the New Testament. The author labored to give his words and phrases the quaint, old-fashioned sound and structure of our King James's translation of the Scriptures; and the result is a mongrel--half modern glibness, and half ancient simplicity and gravity. The latter is awkward and constrained; the former natural, but grotesque by the contrast. Whenever he found his speech growing too modern--which was about every sentence or two—he ladled in a few such Scriptural phrases as "exceeding sore," "and it came to pass," etc., and made things satisfactory again. "And it came to pass" was his pet. If he had left that out, his Bible would have been only a pamphlet.

Mark Twain
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Welcome to Tweb!
                    Visit my website! I have cookies. http://www.amyelizabethatkins.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thespia View Post
                      Welcome to Tweb!
                      Howdy, stranger!

sigpic

Comment

Thespia!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X