Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chankonabe ("Sumo Stew")

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    You could, although as I understand it, four-legged animals are typically avoided for reasons of tradition.
    Soooo... what we need is a three-legged pig

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Soooo... what we need is a three-legged pig
    That reminds me of a joke.

A man was traveling out of town through a rural area when his car broke down. He was wondering what to do when a farmer drove by and saw him. The farmer stopped and offered to help, but since it was already getting late he told the man he could come have dinner with his family and stay the night, and he'd drive him into town the next morning. So the man sits down to dinner with the farmer, the farmer's wife, his daughter and son, and a three legged pig wearing two medals around his neck. He asked the farmer about the pig, and the farmer replied, "well, he has been a good pig and has earned the right to eat dinner with the family. He got the first medal when he saved our son's life by pulling him out of the pond when he was drowning. He got the second when he saved our daughter by pulling her out of the barn when it was on fire." "That's amazing!" said the man. "How did he lose his leg?" "Oh," replied the farmer. "A pig that amazing, you can't eat all at once."
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post

A man was traveling out of town through a rural area when his car broke down. He was wondering what to do when a farmer drove by and saw him. The farmer stopped and offered to help, but since it was already getting late he told the man he could come have dinner with his family and stay the night, and he'd drive him into town the next morning. So the man sits down to dinner with the farmer, the farmer's wife, his daughter and son, and a three legged pig wearing two medals around his neck. He asked the farmer about the pig, and the farmer replied, "well, he has been a good pig and has earned the right to eat dinner with the family. He got the first medal when he saved our son's life by pulling him out of the pond when he was drowning. He got the second when he saved our daughter by pulling her out of the barn when it was on fire." "That's amazing!" said the man. "How did he lose his leg?" "Oh," replied the farmer. "A pig that amazing, you can't eat all at once."
    Glad you told it, cause I didn't want to type all that. Good job!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Glad you told it, cause I didn't want to type all that. Good job!
    I had it mind when I posted and did expect it'd be the prodder of bovines who posted it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I had it mind when I posted and did expect it'd be the prodder of bovines who posted it.
    He was busy prodding bovines, and hadn't switched into porcine mode.