Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Are there any documented cases of female-to-male transgender athletes demanding to compete against men like this?
    there is a female to male transgender who is (or was) on the men's swim team. Went from winning swim meets to placing in 16th place....
    https://people.com/sports/transgende...ks-boundaries/
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Now the Associated Press is lecturing people for being "resentful" of the "great gains" made by transgender athletes. The article only briefly touches on and then immediately downplays the fact that biological men who claim to be women are able to dominate in women's sports.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yet another case of the liberals' social engineering coming back to bite them. After decades of "women's rights", the women get trampled by the left's next fascination - transgenderism.
        There are feminists who fight it... they're typically called TERFs (Trans Exclusive Radical Feminists), which many of them take as a slur, and written off.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nder-sprinter/

Andraya Yearwood, a 17-year-old junior at Cromwell High School, is one of two transgender high school sprinters in Connecticut, transitioning to female.

She [sic] recently finished second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.
          All I can say is: what a crock. People have chosen to live a lie rather than face reality.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Now the Associated Press is lecturing people for being "resentful" of the "great gains" made by transgender athletes. The article only briefly touches on and then immediately downplays the fact that biological men who claim to be women are able to dominate in women's sports.

MM, here is a place where we agree completely.This is nothing less than absolute idiocy.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Those poor leftist social engineering boobs just can't help themselves...

Women’s sports may one day soon consist entirely of men

The only piece of research done on transgender women competing in women’s sports had a sample size of eight people

Congratulations to Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood for sweeping all before them in the Connecticut girls’ high school track races last week. Yes, of course they are men. There were some anguished complaints from the various girls these two speedy lads defeated, but these were of course brushed aside in a country where women’s sporting events may one day soon consist entirely of men.

Already a Democratic party representative, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, is insisting that the US powerlifting tournaments allow transgender women to compete, so that people who look very much like Geoff Capes, and have the same chromosomes as Geoff Capes, and the same bone structure and musculature, can compete against women. Meanwhile, the fastest female college sprinter in the US is CeCe Telfer, who, once again, is not what you or I or science would call a lady, and one of the world champions in women’s cycling is a chap called Rachel McKinnon, whom I have mentioned here before.

Writing in the Sunday Times of London, Martina Navratilova described it as ‘insane’ and ‘cheating’ that men who have transitioned should be allowed to compete against women, adding that ‘hundreds’ of trans athletes have ‘achieved honors as women which were beyond their capabilities as men’. The former tennis star added that few people were prepared to speak up about this issue because of the furore that would immediately descend upon them from the perpetually enraged trans lobby. Indeed, within a few hours of her article being published she was booted off the advisory board of a gay advocacy group and was being denounced left, right and center in the kind of furiously screeched terms that have become the hallmark of these perhaps not wholly balanced campaigners....

The "protectors of women" are working against them!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The "protectors of women" are working against them!
                Of course these are the same people who declared that the thoroughly vile play "The Vagina Monologues", a rude and crude celebration of all things feminist, discriminated against "women" with penises.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Those poor leftist social engineering boobs just can't help themselves...
                  I see what you did there.
                  "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                  Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

Good kid, may his tribe increase...

High school wrestler forfeits final match rather than face a girl at Colorado state tournament

Brendan Johnston had a chance to place at the Colorado state wrestling tournament on Saturday.

Instead, he chose to forfeit because he didn’t want to wrestle a girl.

Faced with the prospect of advancing in the 106-pound consolation bracket, Johnston simply declined to wrestle his third-round opponent Angel Rios.
                    Wrestler ‘not really comfortable’ taking on a girl

Why? Because he didn’t want to “treat a young lady like that on the mat.”

I’m not really comfortable with a couple of things with wrestling a girl,” Johnston told the Denver Post. “The physical contact, there’s a lot of it in wrestling.

“And I guess the physical aggression, too. I don’t want to treat a young lady like that on the mat. Or off the mat. And not to disrespect the heart or the effort that she’s put in. That’s not what I want to do, either.

https://sports.yahoo.com/high-school...tLhWqK8LElTW_s
                    Last edited by seer; 02-28-2019, 06:55 PM.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Of course these are the same people who declared that the thoroughly vile play "The Vagina Monologues", a rude and crude celebration of all things feminist, discriminated against "women" with penises.
                      The Women's March recently denounced their notorious vagina hats since it discriminated against women who didn't have vaginas (i.e., men who think they're women)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find it interesting that none of the forum's usual liberals are defending this.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          I find it interesting that none of the forum's usual liberals are defending this.
                          They run and hide from certain threads

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Good kid, may his tribe increase...
                            Why are they letting girls wrestle boys in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Why are they letting girls wrestle boys in the first place?
                              Don't they know that can lead to dancing?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't they know that can lead to dancing?
                                And dancing is nothing more than a horizontal expression of a vertical intent

Comment