Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What we're looking at is a world in which no woman will ever again hold a record in a sporting event. The record books will be filled exclusively with the feats of males.
    More conspiracy theories.......

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Given that there aren't that many transgender athletes it could be regarded as rather small, but it effects more than just the team they play on. It effects anyone they compete against and when it comes to championships (state and national) and the like, those as well.

When you have a group of athletes that consistently dominate and keep breaking records set by actual women, it wrecks havoc on the sports they compete in.
      I agree.

Comment

• Males are better at being women, obviously.

/s
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
          Males are better at being women, obviously.

/s
          Not from where I stand but still, sports aside (which is extremely complicated), a trans has the right, as previously discussed, to live their life.

Comment

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

Yet there are two problems: Pence (to our knowledge) is not trans and he wasn't elected but Kamala was:+}
            Of course he was elected - 4 years ago. Why can't he say he has been a trans all along and therefore was the first woman vice-president? Don't you believe we have to accept whatever gender a person claims they are? Are you a bigot?

And by the way my preferred pronoun is "Your Majesty (direct address)/His Majesty (third person references)." please use that when addressing me. Thank you.
            Last edited by Sparko; 01-22-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Not from where I stand but still, sports aside (which is extremely complicated), a trans has the right, as previously discussed, to live their life.
              And that would include unfair competition with actual females?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The "/s" indicates sarcasm.

No one is discounting a trans individual to "right to live their life".

They do have a biological advantage due to sexual dimorphism in humans. Some people want to force individuals who haven't benefitted from that to compete with those who have. How that's fair to those who haven't benefited from sexual dimorphism is beyond me.

A trans category would be more fair to non-trans, much like a category for those with artificial limbs would be fair to those without artificial limb.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Possibly, you may know this, but we actually have sarcasm tags that work quite well --- There's even a little icon for it in the edit tools above the post.

sarcasm.jpg

Just trying to help. (But I also got your /s )
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Of course he was elected - 4 years ago. Why can't he say he has been a trans all along and therefore was the first woman vice-president? Don't you believe we have to accept whatever gender a person claims they are? Are you a bigot?

And by the way my preferred pronoun is "Your Majesty (direct address)/His Majesty (third person references)." please use that when addressing me. Thank you.

Ok, time to wake up and greet the new year 20201 and the result of a recent election: Pence defeated, Kamala elected.

But it still wouldn't work since he served, during his time, as a man so.........Kamala is #1, second to none.

But I tell you, you take the lead and see if Pence is willing. Let us know. On the other hand, if you travel to an alternate universe and find a trans Pence during his time as VP, I'll support you.

Ruh-roh, now you're in the wrong country. Tough week, eh? Unless you were formerly known as Her Majesty. Congrats on coming out.

Comment

A trans category would be more fair to non-trans, much like a category for those with artificial limbs would be fair to those without artificial limb.
                      I remember when runners with prosthetics were actually thought to have an unfair advantage on persons without artificial limbs.

Blade Runners: Do High-Tech Prostheses Give Runners an Unfair Advantage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And that would include unfair competition with actual females?
                        Well leaving 'actual females' aside, I have said it is an issue and certainly seems (at times) to give one who is born male a step up in competition (in some sports but probably not B-ball, softball, fencing, car racing, track, archery, shooting, skiing and on and on).

Comment

Well leaving 'actual females' aside,
                          Because you don't like to admit that they 'actually' exist?

I have said it is an issue and certainly seems (at times) to give one who is born male a step up in competition (in some sports but probably not B-ball, softball, fencing, car racing, track, archery, shooting, skiing and on and on).
                          How do you explain that? That biological males tend to be better at some things, and biological females seem better at others -- naturally. And actually.

Comment

Ok, time to wake up and greet the new year 20201 and the result of a recent election: Pence defeated, Kamala elected.

But it still wouldn't work since he served, during his time, as a man so.........Kamala is #1, second to none.

But I tell you, you take the lead and see if Pence is willing. Let us know. On the other hand, if you travel to an alternate universe and find a trans Pence during his time as VP, I'll support you.

Ruh-roh, now you're in the wrong country. Tough week, eh? Unless you were formerly known as Her Majesty. Congrats on coming out.

What you think that just because someone was in the closet that they can't be a "true" homosexual or a "true" transgender? You sound like a bigot!

And now you are mocking my preferred pronouns!

Comment

No one is discounting a trans individual to "right to live their life".

They do have a biological advantage due to sexual dimorphism in humans. Some people want to force individuals who haven't benefitted from that to compete with those who have. How that's fair to those who haven't benefited from sexual dimorphism is beyond me.

What indicates sarcasm?

You're arguing with the wrong person, see above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What you think that just because someone was in the closet that they can't be a "true" homosexual or a "true" transgender? You sound like a bigot!

And now you are mocking my preferred pronouns!
                                here-have-a-snickers-youre-not-you-when-youre-hungry-67623775.png

Comment