Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

What indicates sarcasm?

You're arguing with the wrong person, see above.
    You responded to his post, which he had identified as sarcasm by including the /s

sarcasm s.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I remember when runners with prosthetics were actually thought to have an unfair advantage on persons without artificial limbs.

Blade Runners: Do High-Tech Prostheses Give Runners an Unfair Advantage?

Having an artificial limb would, in the least, prevent something like skeletal muscle fatigue. The limb would be replicable as it gets used heavily, but a regular leg can't be replaced similarly. It completely removes any interference of biological processes in the leg.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
        Males are better at being women, obviously.

/s
        Not in everything obviously. They are equal or better smiley dirtyflirt.gif

But when it comes to contests involving strength and speed, yes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Of course he was elected - 4 years ago. Why can't he say he has been a trans all along and therefore was the first woman vice-president? Don't you believe we have to accept whatever gender a person claims they are? Are you a bigot?

And by the way my preferred pronoun is "Your Majesty (direct address)/His Majesty (third person references)." please use that when addressing me. Thank you.
          Mine is "His coolness" smug.jpg

Although "His kewlness" works as well

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because you don't like to admit that they 'actually' exist?

How do you explain that? That biological males tend to be better at some things, and biological females seem better at others -- naturally. And actually.
            I had to pick myself up off the floor.........more humor, actually some very good humor from CP.

Nature and nurture - depending on the individual. Simply because a guy plays b-ball doesn't mean he can beat any girl at that sport or in a race or on a horse, or throw a pitch faster, hit a ball farther and on and on.

Comment

I remember when runners with prosthetics were actually thought to have an unfair advantage on persons without artificial limbs.

Blade Runners: Do High-Tech Prostheses Give Runners an Unfair Advantage?
              Very few if anyone would willingly go through such a transformation and I'll note that wheelchair bound athletes absolutely crush runners in marathons. The world's record for a runner is 1:59:40 whereas for those in a wheelchair it's 1:20:14 -- 39 minutes 26 seconds faster!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirfloor View Post
                No doubt your science book is covered in dust and dated about 1850.
                If you have a science book telling you that humans have more than two distinct sexes, then throw it in the trash because it's lying to you.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What you think that just because someone was in the closet that they can't be a "true" homosexual or a "true" transgender? You sound like a bigot!

And now you are mocking my preferred pronouns!
                  Again I support you in the alternate universe but in this one, while he served, Pence identified as a male. That's all she wrote.

Comment

I had to pick myself up off the floor.........more humor, actually some very good humor from CP.

Nature and nurture - depending on the individual. Simply because a guy plays b-ball doesn't mean he can beat any girl at that sport or in a race or on a horse, or throw a pitch faster, hit a ball farther and on and on.
                    Perhaps you missed the part where I said "tend to" not "automatically does".

There are truly things that happen in the natural world that the left would love to ignore -- why are most NBA teams made of of black players? They tend to be more athletic in the areas required to be good basketball players.
                    Good on them!!!

Somehow, that's not racist, but simply understood.

Men overwhelmingly will be better at many sports than most women - fact of life.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again I support you in the alternate universe but in this one, while he served, Pence identified as a male. That's all she wrote.
                      How do you know what he thought, especially in private. You obviously are one of those cis transphobes the result of the evil patriarchal society

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                        Having an artificial limb would, in the least, prevent something like skeletal muscle fatigue. The limb would be replicable as it gets used heavily, but a regular leg can't be replaced similarly. It completely removes any interference of biological processes in the leg.
                        Absolutely, plus it can be scientifically altered for springiness, strength, etc..... There' no real way to "level the playing field".

Comment

More conspiracy theories.......
                          It's not a conspiracy theory at all. It has already happened where men will put on a frilly dress to compete against women and completely obliterate standing records, putting them so far out of reach that no woman will ever be able to break them. And now that China Joe has given his approval with an executive order, it's going to continue happening with increased frequency.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            If you have a science book telling you that humans have more than two distinct sexes, then throw it in the trash because it's lying to you.
                            I remember my psychology professor would pretty much turn purple when somebody suggested that psychology wasn't a "real" science, or that it was a "soft" science.

He wanted SO BADLY to be recognized as an actual scientist.

Comment

You responded to his post, which he had identified as sarcasm by including the /s

sarcasm s.jpg
                              Again, what sarcasm?

Comment

Again, what sarcasm?
                                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Lower lifeforms are often incapable of detecting and responding to sarcasm.

Comment