Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Are there any documented cases of female-to-male transgender athletes demanding to compete against men like this?
    I know there was a woman who tried to compete on a men's arena football team, which went about as well as you would expect, but she wasn't transgender.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I know there was a woman who tried to compete on a men's arena football team, which went about as well as you would expect, but she wasn't transgender.
    Are you trying to advance the nutty notion that men and women are DIFFERENT?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Yes. But she is still competing against girls, and has a testosterone-fueled win streak.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/2...title-defense/
    I suspect that win streak would grind to a sudden halt if she ever competed against men.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Judge for yourself...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Several years ago there was a series of programs on PBS hosted by Alan Alda that dealt with what it meant to be human (broadly speaking. One episode mentioned a bunch of studies (and repeated some of them in front of the camera) that revealed that even in infancy, long before society could possibly impress gender roles or expectations on them, boys and girls are profoundly different. Or as Alda said (paraphrasing), something that parents who had raised both boys and girls already knew.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Are there any documented cases of female-to-male transgender athletes demanding to compete against men like this?
    there is a female to male transgender who is (or was) on the men's swim team. Went from winning swim meets to placing in 16th place....
    https://people.com/sports/transgende...ks-boundaries/
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Now the Associated Press is lecturing people for being "resentful" of the "great gains" made by transgender athletes. The article only briefly touches on and then immediately downplays the fact that biological men who claim to be women are able to dominate in women's sports.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yet another case of the liberals' social engineering coming back to bite them. After decades of "women's rights", the women get trampled by the left's next fascination - transgenderism.
    There are feminists who fight it... they're typically called TERFs (Trans Exclusive Radical Feminists), which many of them take as a slur, and written off.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nder-sprinter/

Andraya Yearwood, a 17-year-old junior at Cromwell High School, is one of two transgender high school sprinters in Connecticut, transitioning to female.

She [sic] recently finished second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.
    All I can say is: what a crock. People have chosen to live a lie rather than face reality.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Now the Associated Press is lecturing people for being "resentful" of the "great gains" made by transgender athletes. The article only briefly touches on and then immediately downplays the fact that biological men who claim to be women are able to dominate in women's sports.

MM, here is a place where we agree completely.This is nothing less than absolute idiocy.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

11. Amen LeaC, Mountain Man amen'd this post.