Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Michael Cohen: Another bust for Russian conspiracy hopefuls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, it gets silly. It comes down to "OK, why would he lie about that?" Then you remind yourself, the guy's a LIAR.

The fact is, he's obviously looking out for himself.
    The most certain thing anyone can say is that he is looking out for himself. This hearing is political theater.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

I think that bolded part is over generalized --- I'm glad Trump was elected and Hillary is not POTUS, and SCOTUS was Trumps and not Hillary's. That I think (or thought) that Trump was any kind of "hero" is silly. And that part about being "totally in love with his magnetic personality" is a steaming load of hooey.
      A steaming load of hooey as in this interview with Jerry Falwell?:

Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?

No.

That’s the shortest answer we’ve had so far.

Only because I know that he only wants what’s best for this country, and I know anything he does, it may not be ideologically “conservative,” but it’s going to be what’s best for this country, and I can’t imagine him doing anything that’s not good for the country. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...5f4_story.html
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        The most certain thing anyone can say is that he is looking out for himself. This hearing is political theater.
        Like most congressional or senatorial hearings of late, it's simply an opportunity for both sides to preach their gospel at the expense of the witness in a public forum.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          That Jerry Falwell is a general barometer for the Right is a steaming load of hooey.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm not a Jerry Falwell follower (he died in 2007) and never have been. Nor am I a follower of Jeffress. They were/are entitled to their own opinions.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              That Jerry Falwell is a general barometer for the Right is a steaming load of hooey.
              And it should be pointed out that he was referring to Jerry Falwell Jr - but you are correct, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Never said he was. But I provided a very good example of yet another evangelical leader who goes all the way in his support for Trump and cannot see any error in what he does.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Never said he was. But I provided a very good example of yet another evangelical leader who goes all the way in his support for Trump and cannot see any error in what he does.
                  Yay... two politicians dressed as preachers! Good job!

Comment

Yet it's not attributed to his "magnetic personality", which were the words used by the person posing the question.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Seems you are more interested in neglecting my point than to adress what those persons are actually saying. Interesting.

Comment

Seems you are more interested in neglecting my point than to adress what those persons are actually saying. Interesting.
                        I DID address what they were saying, Nanny.....

They were/are entitled to their own opinions.
                        They don't speak for me or for Christianity in general.

I also addressed what they were saying here...

Please try to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                          Chuck, either address the topic of the thread, or get out. You started your own parallel thread, so go pick your nose over there. Don't do it here. Thanks.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And now there's this...

Michael Cohen, former personal attorney to President Donald Trump, admitted that he discussed with Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) “topics that might come up” in preparation for his Wednesday hearing before the House Oversight Committee.

“I spoke to Mr. Schiff about topics that were going to be raised at the upcoming hearing,” Cohen told Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) when pressed about the pair’s past discussion.

“Whoa,” Jordan responded. “Not just what time you’re going to show up, but what you’re going to talk about? Whoa.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ore-testimony/

Woah indeed! Could these scum sink any lower?

(I have a feeling the answer is yes.)
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              And now there's this...

Michael Cohen, former personal attorney to President Donald Trump, admitted that he discussed with Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) “topics that might come up” in preparation for his Wednesday hearing before the House Oversight Committee.

“I spoke to Mr. Schiff about topics that were going to be raised at the upcoming hearing,” Cohen told Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) when pressed about the pair’s past discussion.

“Whoa,” Jordan responded. “Not just what time you’re going to show up, but what you’re going to talk about? Whoa.”

And there we have it, folks -- COLLUSION!!!! Somebody get the handcuffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                And now there's this...

I love this part....

Cohen said he acted to benefit his former boss and his campaign for president in 2016 out of “blind” loyalty which he now realizes was misplaced.

So, Trump was his best bud when things were going good, and Cohen was angling for a job in government, and....

The former Trump lawyer told the panel that being around the real estate “icon” was “intoxicating” to the point that he ignored his conscience.

He can "ignore his conscience" because he's "intoxicated" by being around a famous person?

Yes, this man can be TOTALLY trusted to babysit your teenage daughter on Friday night, and to tell the truth at all times.

Comment