Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ocasio-Cortez lashes out after pics surface of hamburger dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I am going to switch sides here and defend AOC. Her friend eating a hamburger was not hypocrisy, it was activism. He was only doing his part to end cow farts by eating cows. No cows, no farts. We should all help out by eating more beef.

Only we can prevent cow farts! Eat a burger!
    00000000000000ab000-03c.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Yes. Apart from slander being illegal, I find it to be morally depraved and disgusting.
      How did you get to be such a weenie? You can't "slander" a politician for saying goofy things, Star. And that YOU, of all people, find something "morally depraved and disgusting" is downright hilarious.

The frivolity you and others have towards making false claims about others disgusts and angers me.
      You're in love with AOC, aren't you.

I take truth seriously, and your wonton
      I prefer the egg drop soup over the wonton soup any day of the week.

lying does indeed trigger me.
      you have yet to prove I lied about anything.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nobody is forcing you to stay either. You could do everyone a big favor by leaving.
        Sheesh, Star, I think some angry three year old has hacked your account!!! Get a grip, buddy!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wait how is it false?

"urging Americans to stop eating so many hamburgers" and "Maybe we shouldn’t be eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Like, let’s keep it real." seem to both be equivalent to me.

And Starlight: That entire quote was from the article CP posted, yet you called HIM a liar. He was just quoting the article. You should apologize.
          The claim of hypocrisy. "Don't eat so many hamburgers" doesn't say "stop eating hamburgers," and even the second statement doesn't say that eating hamburgers is wrong.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Keep in mind that for star Ocasio-Cortez is the smartest person in Congress essentially because he wholeheartedly agrees with her and after all he is constantly insisting that he's the smartest person in whatever room he happens to be in. So when she (repeatedly) makes foolish and woefully ignorant statements or does dumb things, it reflects badly on him so such things simply can not be true. They are nothing but lies, Lies, LIES!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wait how is it false?

"urging Americans to stop eating so many hamburgers" and "Maybe we shouldn’t be eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Like, let’s keep it real." seem to both be equivalent to me.

And Starlight: That entire quote was from the article CP posted, yet you called HIM a liar. He was just quoting the article. You should apologize.
              The boy has the vapors.... maybe he was eating too much red meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                The boy has the vapors.... maybe he was eating too much red meat.
                Perhaps we should all chip in and get the poor guy a fainting couch and a case of smelling salts.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Perhaps we should all chip in and get the poor guy a fainting couch and a case of smelling salts.
                  Seriously, I didn't know he was capable of this ... um.... 'conduct'. He has impruned my charter and desalted my mortal turpentine!

excuse me

i need a moment

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    The claim of hypocrisy. "Don't eat so many hamburgers" doesn't say "stop eating hamburgers," and even the second statement doesn't say that eating hamburgers is wrong.
                    It is a fair assessment. If you just went public complaining about cow farts and hamburgers, sitting down to lunch eating a burger in public (or your guest) does set a pretty poor example. She is basically saying "do as I say, not as I do"

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      If you don't like interacting with me, you have 2 choices. Ignore me or leave the site.
                      Preferably both.
                      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

He said "Whopper"

Good one Starlight!!!
                        He meant THIS WOPR!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          He meant THIS WOPR!

I thought he was making a pun!

Comment

I thought he was making a pun!

I'll bet neither.

Comment

I take truth seriously, ...
                              Is that your truth or The Truth Starlight? serious question here.

Comment

It makes utterly insanely false claims...

"Less than a week of raging against cow farts"

This is pants on fire nuttery. Totally utterly untrue. She never said anything remotely of the sort. Totally untrue, totally slanderous lies. If you or anyone else here imagines AOC has said anything on this subject do feel free to link to those videos.

"Urging Americans to stop eating hamburgers"

Again crazy and false. Unlike the above, she does appear to once have actually mentioned this subject. Her comment in passing was to the effect that everyone eating hamburgers 3 times a day probably wasn't ideal. She didn't however "urge Americans" to do anything on the subject and she didn't suggest at any point that they "stop eating hamburgers".

What is wrong with the right wing that they apparently feel it's fine to totally make up stuff and assert AOC said it? It's nuts.
                                Star, here's a video where AOC responded to the "cow farts" dialogue....

Her comment in that video was “But it’s to say, listen, we’ve got to address factory farming. Maybe we shouldn’t be eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Like, let’s keep it real.”

Now, do you think the child REALLY believes that people are literally "eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner"? Who does that?

Do you suppose that might be over-the-top rhetoric on her part to make a point? The article I posted is, obviously, using over-the-top rhetoric to combat that incredible stupidity.

Perhaps the child should take her own advice and "keep it real".

Comment