Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mishandling Security.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    The answer is right there in the article:

"...the president has the legal authority to grant a clearance..."

The CIA and FBI apparently objected, but Trump has pretty much zero reason to trust them considering the crap they pulled during the election (and continue to pull!).
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He was, as they euphemistically say, economical with the actuality.
      “As we have previously stated, Mr Kushner’s SF-86 was prematurely submitted and, among other errors, did not list any contacts with foreign government officials,” Mr Gorelick said this week, referring to the technical name for the form. “The next day, Mr Kushner submitted supplemental information stating that he had had ‘numerous contacts with foreign officials’ about which he would be happy to provide additional information. He submitted that supplemental information to the FBI, and is cooperating fully with its background investigation.”
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

But you have to, if you are honest, imagine giving Obama and his son in law the green light in identical circumstances.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I'm sorry the collision delusion hasn't worked out for you guys, but maybe you'll have better luck turning this mole hill into a mountain (though it's unlikely).
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I'm sorry the collision delusion hasn't worked out for you guys, but maybe you'll have better luck turning this mole hill into a mountain (though it's unlikely).
            Well, they certainly are going to try every angle, and I mean EVERY angle. This has gotten almost comical if it weren't so pathetic. This is plain harassment.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              He was, as they euphemistically say, economical with the actuality.
              Have you ever filled out an SF-86? I have multiple times over my 30 plus year career with the military and federal government. Every time, I had to provide supplemental information when asked for clarification by inspectors. It's common.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

But you have to, if you are honest, imagine giving Obama and his son in law the green light in identical circumstances.
                Of course I would. It was his to do so if he chose.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So if Obama has given a clearance to his son-in-law after security experts and recommend refusal
                  That's pretty much what he did with his White House Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes although he isn't related to him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    No he didn't. The "concerns" were neve

It's none of your business who gets a clearance and who doesn't. it's the President's prerogative under Article II to give a clearance to anyone he damned well pleases.

That's legal. That you got your panties in a wad about it is of no concern to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.feb7789e91c2
                    Actually even if the president CAN give clearance to anyone, we as citizens Should be concerned if the person can't handle the task they are given or something else is seriously wrong.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Have you ever filled out an SF-86? I have multiple times over my 30 plus year career with the military and federal government. Every time, I had to provide supplemental information when asked for clarification by inspectors. It's common.
                      And the background check was extensive -- I had a 4 month period of time when I was 19 for which I could not account at all. It's like I was in a coma or something for that period! I was a KID back then!!!!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        Actually even if the president CAN give clearance to anyone, we as citizens Should be concerned if the person can't handle the task they are given or something else is seriously wrong.
                        Oh no doubt. But our only recourse is our vote.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment