Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Partnering With Me for Pregnancy Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnering With Me for Pregnancy Center

Our Church has adopted a bear, pictured below.

Bear smaller.jpg

Volunteers knit or crochet (or whatever) bears to be donated to the pregnancy center.
    A pregnant young lady (almost always somebody who WAS going to abort) will choose one of the bears to be hers EVENTUALLY.
    Sponsors (like you and me) "adopt" the bear, which is tagged with the mother-to-be's initials and a case number, along with her due date.

We use the bear to remind us to pray for that young mother-to-be, and send cards of encouragement from time to time to the MTB in care of the Pregnancy Center.
    Around the due-date, the Pregnancy Center (PC) will ask for their bear to be returned to them, to present to the MTB.
    If the MTB gives her permission (most do) then the PC will take a photo of bear with the newborn.
    The MTB will know that the bear has been prayed over, with the MTB and expected child as the subject of those prayers.

I was thinking maybe TWEB could adopt a bear - in addition to the bear our Church adopted. No cost!!!

I would post pictures online - either in this thread or one created for that purpose - and you could send cards to the MTB and post comments here, and I would post updates.

Now, understand that SOME mothers will back out -- VERY FEW -- will change their minds and go back to thinking about aborting.

But, so far, ZERO mothers (out of over 500) who have had support this way have backed out. And the testimonies we hear from mothers who get encouragement through this program are incredible.

Here are just three of the recent "graduates" with their bears and babies.

sample bear photos.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I was thinking maybe TWEB could adopt a bear - in addition to the bear our Church adopted.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Sounds like a good idea to me.
      You're in?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm in! Love it!
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          I'm in! Love it!
          I have been conferring with my contact at the Pregnancy Center - they love it, too!

Still working on the details.

Comment

I'm in.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sure. what kind of cards would we send and what kind of messages? I am not good at words.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Sure. what kind of cards would we send and what kind of messages? I am not good at words.
                Just a card that says, for example, "I'm praying for you, and look forward to the birth of your baby"

Or anything encouraging - "I'm praying for God's blessings for you and your family"

"I just wanted to let you know you are being prayed for"

Anything like that.
                Last edited by Sparko; 03-05-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Just a card that says, for example, "I'm praying for you, and look forward to the birth of your baby"

Or anything encouraging - "I'm praying for God's blessings for you and your family"

"I just wanted to let you know you are being prayed for"

Anything like that.
                  yeah I can do that!

Comment

Sounds good! Glad to help out...

Blessings,
                    Lee
                    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

I allowed this to move to the back burner - sorry - will get back on this after Sunday.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X