Thread: How ludicrous is this? News stories about stuff that defies common sense

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

How ludicrous is this? News stories about stuff that defies common sense

A Florida woman could be facing daily fines because of a butterfly garden.

WEAR-TV in Pensacola reports that retired teacher Krissa White has been tending a butterfly garden at her home for six years, but a recent letter from her homeowners association is threatening a $25 a day fine because, as the letter states, it is “against the community covenants to have any other animals bred or raised on a lot except for dogs' cats or other house-hold pets for non-commercial purposes.”

That comes to $9,125 a year.

White tells WEAR-TV, “I have been known to bring them in, help them through their life cycle and once they’re adults and those wings are flapping I let them fly.”

Her butterfly garden is an effort to help the declining population of monarch butterflies, she told the station.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...022-story.html

Why is the world so stupid?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Feel free to add ridiculous stuff when you find it. Let's see who can come up with the dumbest bureaucracy that's fit to print!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Aside from the over-zealous going after unlicensed lemonade stands?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have it on good authority that she is breeding millions of bacteria in her upper and lower intestines, in clear violation of the HOA's policies
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

6. Amen Zymologist, mossrose, Littlejoe, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post

WEAR-TV in Pensacola reports that retired teacher Krissa White has been tending a butterfly garden at her home for six years, but a recent letter from her homeowners association is threatening a $25 a day fine because, as the letter states, it is “against the community covenants to have any other animals bred or raised on a lot except for dogs' cats or other house-hold pets for non-commercial purposes.”

White tells WEAR-TV, “I have been known to bring them in, help them through their life cycle and once they’re adults and those wings are flapping I let them fly.”

Her butterfly garden is an effort to help the declining population of monarch butterflies, she told the station.

This why I refuse to buy a home in an HOA area. City codes are restrictive enough usually....
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

8. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This flaunting of HOA rules is outrageous. I hope they squash her like an insect.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

10. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post

This news bugs me.

12. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.