Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Least Tolerant: Educated White Liberals

Any surprise?

critters.jpg

Everybody, sorry I’ve been out of touch all day. I had to go out of town unexpectedly today, and have been away from the keys. One of the nice things about this blog is when I don’t post when people think I should, folks start writing to ask if I’m okay. Some good news: in February, this here blog received over one million unique visitors — the twelfth month in a row we’ve done this. Overall, TAC had another great month as well. Thank you!

Here’s a fascinating story from The Atlantic: a map of American political prejudice. Guess where researchers found that the most politically prejudiced people live, and who they are? Read on:....
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Mandatory response

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

3. Amen LeaC amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    GIF Shocked.gif
    Bonus response

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Any surprise?

critters.jpg

Everybody, sorry I’ve been out of touch all day. I had to go out of town unexpectedly today, and have been away from the keys. One of the nice things about this blog is when I don’t post when people think I should, folks start writing to ask if I’m okay. Some good news: in February, this here blog received over one million unique visitors — the twelfth month in a row we’ve done this. Overall, TAC had another great month as well. Thank you!

Here’s a fascinating story from The Atlantic: a map of American political prejudice. Guess where researchers found that the most politically prejudiced people live, and who they are? Read on:....
    I’m not sure that your headline derives from the paper referred to by the article. The author seems to be appealing, with some success, to your own prejudice.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    I’m not sure that your headline derives from the paper referred to by the article. The author seems to be appealing, with some success, to your own prejudice.
    Educated urban whites tend to be overwhelmingly liberal. Maybe you were unaware of that?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I’m not sure that your headline derives from the paper referred to by the article.
    I snatched the headline from the article's own link.

The author seems to be appealing, with some success, to your own prejudice.
    Or, perhaps, he's arguing against yours.

9. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I snatched the headline from the article's own link.
    That doesn't, actually, answer his point; he's referring back to the paper, not the article.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That doesn't, actually, answer his point; he's referring back to the paper, not the article.
    I'm aware of that, I'm simply saying from whence I got "my headline".

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Or, perhaps, he's arguing against yours.
    I think I’d like to hold off judgement on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in. In the meantime we need to remember that we are brothers and not a gnat’s whisker would separate the poles of this super polarised moment, were we possessed of simply the same facts about the world. It comes down to who you trust to give you information. I hope you trust me as I trust you.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think I’d like to hold off judgement on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in. In the meantime we need to remember that we are brothers and not a gnat’s whisker would separate the poles of this super polarised moment, were we possessed of simply the same facts about the world. It comes down to who you trust to give you information. I hope you trust me as I trust you.
    But we both trust Rachel!

I just trust her to do different things than you trust her to do.