Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democratic lawmaker announces plans to file impeachment resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Even CNN reported this story correctly at the time:

Source: CNN

(2017) Trump said there were some "very bad people" on both sides, but that there was some who came out to protest the removal of Robert E. Lee's statue who were "fine people."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/polit...lay/index.html

© Copyright Original Source

Yes, Trump called that one - so obviously - correctly.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      Yes, Trump called that one - so obviously - correctly.
      Well, yes. He did.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        "good people on both sides', including among those in the tiki-torch parade. He later amended it with an unconvincing scripted rebuttal, just as he similarly amended his connection with former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, but he remains ambiguous. After all, Trump doesn't want to alienate his racist base.
        Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.

For any honest person, therefore, to conclude that the president somehow praised the very people he actually derided, reveals a blatant and blinding level of bias.

But, then again, he's talking about HONEST persons.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.

For any honest person, therefore, to conclude that the president somehow praised the very people he actually derided, reveals a blatant and blinding level of bias.

But, then again, he's talking about HONEST persons.
          He's been shown the exact quotes multiple times but continues repeating the exact same B.S. unabated.

ETA:From this very thread

It helps to see his entire statement:

Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

You had people and i'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally. You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. The press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group too.

Q: You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly?

Trump: No, no. There were people in that rally. I looked the night before. If you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I am sure there were some bad ones.

The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. You had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest. I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit.

So I only tell you this. There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.

You really have to twist and squint and tilt your head to construe any of that as Trump saying that the neo-Nazis were fine people.
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yup.

They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides.

So he is specifically saying that there were "some very bad people" among the neo-Nazis and then pivots to talking about "both sides" in general, not just a specific segment among one group when he said "You also had some very fine people on both sides." And yet Tass and his ilk will continue to misportray and mischaracterize what was plainly said. It's the same deliberate disingenuous corkscrewing that happened when he called MS-13 "animals and the left duplicitously claimed he was talking about all immigrants.

Very dishonest people there.
          Even CNN reported this story correctly at the time:

Source: CNN

(2017) Trump said there were some "very bad people" on both sides, but that there was some who came out to protest the removal of Robert E. Lee's statue who were "fine people."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/polit...lay/index.html

He's either duplicitous and disingenuous or incredibly stupid.
          Last edited by rogue06; 03-21-2019, 01:22 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He's either duplicitous and disingenuous or incredibly stupid.
            Yes to all of the above.

Comment

He's been shown the exact quotes multiple times but continues repeating the exact same B.S. unabated.
              Because he's a dishonest whom I will no longer engage.

He reminds me of the "For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Back on topic...

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/20/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-democrats-support/index.html

How Democrats fell out of love with impeaching Trump

Almost from the day that Donald Trump won the White House in 2016, a significant chunk of Democrats have wanted Congress to throw him out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue via impeachment. Which makes the latest finding on impeachment in a CNN-SSRS poll all the more intriguing.
                Just more than one in three respondents said they support an effort to impeach Trump. That's down from 43% who said the same in December and 47% who supported impeachment earlier in the fall of 2018. But more amazingly -- at least to me! -- is that while 80% of self-identified Democrats said they backed impeaching Trump in December, just 68% feel that way now.

That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Even the deceitful James Comey who was instrumental in getting this entire fiasco rolling seems to be hedging his bets that Mueller has nothing:

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Even the far-left Politico has lost faith...

IF YOU TALK TO CAPITOL HILL DEMOCRATS PRIVATELY, you will hear something surprising about what they expect from ROBERT MUELLER: Many of them expect absolutely nothing. Several top Democratic lawmakers and aides tell us privately that they are certain the report will be a dud. (Capitalization is in the original article. -MM)

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...00&nlid=630318

The rest of the article goes on to prove the case, albeit unintentionally, that this was never about justice but "getting" Trump by hook or by crook.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment