Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democratic lawmaker announces plans to file impeachment resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Clinton was nailed (no pun intended) for committing perjury under oath. Last time I checked that is most definitely a crime. One in which usually involves jail time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Republican's have pretty well been deflecting on Hillary Clinton for a whole lot less than anything Donald Trump is quite guilty of.
      What has Trump done that is criminally equivalent to Hillary's dereliction of duty with regards to Benghazi, and trafficking national security secrets on a secret unsecured private server? (Among other things.)
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        What has Trump done that is criminally equivalent to Hillary's dereliction of duty with regards to Benghazi, and trafficking national security secrets on a secret unsecured private server? (Among other things.)
        Let's start with the Firing of James Comey and Trump admitting it was "over the Russia Thing." That is a good case for Obstruction of Justice.
        Violation of the Foreign Emoulents Clause Undermining the Judiciary.... I mean there's other things, but above all, Entanglements with Russia tops the list. Trump has jeopardized our security to Putin and anyone else who promises him the almighty $$
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Let's start with the Firing of James Comey and Trump admitting it was "over the Russia Thing." That is a good case for Obstruction of Justice.
          Violation of the Foreign Emoulents Clause Undermining the Judiciary.... I mean there's other things, but above all, Entanglements with Russia tops the list. Trump has jeopardized our security to Putin and anyone else who promises him the almighty $$
          That old chestnut?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            He's guilty of the crime of causing unhinged derangement in many of his opponents.
            Cruel and Unusual Punishment!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

road.jpg
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Seriously?

It is not criminal for a president to exercise powers explicitly granted to him in the Constitution, and even the Democrats wanted Comey fired until Trump actually did it.

Trump has not even come close to violating the Emoulents Clause.

"Undermining the Judiciary"? I have no idea what you're referring to.

Finally, there is zero evidence of Russian "entanglements" to the point that Democrats are anticipating that the Mueller investigation is going to be a complete bust and are already looking for new witches to hunt.

Comment

Seriously?

It is not criminal for a president to exercise powers explicitly granted to him in the Constitution, and even the Democrats wanted Comey fired until Trump actually did it.

Trump has not even come close to violating the Emoulents Clause.

"Undermining the Judiciary"? I have no idea what you're referring to.

Finally, there is zero evidence of Russian "entanglements" to the point that Democrats are anticipating that the Mueller investigation is going to be a complete bust and are already looking for new witches to hunt.
                  There is enough evidence that Manafort just got 47 months.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, for something that had zip to do with the Trump campaign, and the sentence was significantly less than the 19- to 24-years that was recommended by Mueller's goon squad! Judge Ellis even made a point of saying that this case had nothing at all to do with Russia or the 2016 election.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ths-in-prison/

Comment

Is that ALL!?!?!?! Some of the more optimistic guesses were leniency to SEVEN YEARS!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Is that ALL!?!?!?! Some of the more optimistic guesses were leniency to SEVEN YEARS!
                        Actually that was all from this judge. He's going to be sentenced again in a D.C. court next week where he faces up to 10 years. The case against Manafort's bank fraud and his breaking federal laws over a decade is bad.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The Republicans Called for Impeachment on Bill Clinton for less than Watergate. And the Republican's have pretty well been deflecting on Hillary Clinton for a whole lot less than anything Donald Trump is quite guilty of. But no matter to them. Most of the far right wants to over look the finance mismanagement, the directions to lie, the firing of Comey to protect the campaign's from investigation the Moscow negotiations for the Trump tower, the problems with security clearances, the issues between Trump and Kim Jong-Un, etc etc etc because they believe that putting up with All that corruption and criminality will over turn Roe v Wade.
                          If that is the case, then it seems to me the answer for liberals is obvious: Get behind an overturn of Roe v. Wade (which doesn't even require them to give up their fight for abortion "rights", it just means they have to convince state legislatures to pass laws granting such, which they have in some states) and thus remove that from Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            That seems to be quite popular among Democrats these days.
                            Not at all.

OTOH it is only a year after Charlottesville with its chanting slogans like “White lives matter” and “Jews will not replace us", which was not unambiguously condemned by Nationalist president Trump. In not doing so, Trump has normalized racism and anti-antisemitism in America.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Yeah, for something that had zip to do with the Trump campaign, and the sentence was significantly less than the 19- to 24-years that was recommended by Mueller's goon squad! Judge Ellis even made a point of saying that this case had nothing at all to do with Russia or the 2016 election.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ths-in-prison/
                              Manafort had no more to do with Trump's campaign than Hillary had to do with Libya.....You're that deliberately blind MM....It's hard to believe the republicans have that much hypocrisy. But It's why I'm not one any more.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Manafort had no more to do with Trump's campaign than Hillary had to do with Libya.....You're that deliberately blind MM....It's hard to believe the republicans have that much hypocrisy. But It's why I'm not one any more.
                                Umm ... what? Of course Manafort was involved in the Trump campaign. Nobody has disputed that, but the crimes for which he was convicted and sentenced have nothing to do with the 2016 election and were committed many years before Trump even announced his candidacy.

Comment