Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democratic lawmaker announces plans to file impeachment resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Not at all.

OTOH it is only a year after Charlottesville with its chanting slogans like “White lives matter” and “Jews will not replace us", which was not unambiguously condemned by Nationalist president Trump. In not doing so, Trump has normalized racism and anti-antisemitism in America.
    Obama actively endorsed "Black lives matter", and Trump is quite possibly the most pro-Israel president we've ever had, and he's the racist anti-semite because arguments from silence and word-twisting can insinuate that?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Obama actively endorsed "Black lives matter", and Trump is quite possibly the most pro-Israel president we've ever had, and he's the racist anti-semite because arguments from silence and word-twisting can insinuate that?
      Didn't you know? Nobody in this country was ever accused of racism or antisemitism until Trump was elected.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not at all.

OTOH it is only a year after Charlottesville with its chanting slogans like “White lives matter” and “Jews will not replace us", which was not unambiguously condemned by Nationalist president Trump. In not doing so, Trump has normalized racism and anti-antisemitism in America.
        No he hasn't. It's almost unanimously agreed upon by reasonable Americans (that aren't named Tlaib or Omar) that anti-Semitism is bad. It's only been normalized by the radical fresh faces of the new Democratic House. So fresh... SO FACE!!
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Somebody edited that picture and changed a lot of white folk into BLACK folk!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not at all.

Wow---- you really need to get better sources.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Somebody edited that picture and changed a lot of white folk into BLACK folk!
                I believe that's known as "tokenism". Because, you know, only a vile racist would surround himself with black people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I believe that's known as "tokenism". Because, you know, only a vile racist would surround himself with black people.
                  Abrahama Lincoln was actually not very fond of black people. He didn't believe in slavery but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he didn't like them. Donald Trump is very good at instilling fear of other races in people. His racism is more indirect.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    Abrahama Lincoln was actually not very fond of black people. He didn't believe in slavery but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he didn't like them.
                    Lincoln's views on black people evolved significantly over his time in office; by the end, his views were much more positive.
                    Donald Trump is very good at instilling fear of other races in people. His racism is more indirect.
                    Bull kaka. Quit taking the crazy pills the Democrats have been feeding you. They're the party that's been exploiting racial division on a massive scale for decades.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Donald Trump is very good at instilling fear of other races in people.
                      At least he seems to have that affect on Democrats. Have you seen what they've been saying about Israel and the Jewish community lately?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Bull kaka. Quit taking the crazy pills the Democrats have been feeding you. They're the party that's been exploiting racial division on a massive scale for decades.
                        A bit strange that YOU think the democrats are feeding me something given that my views on Donald Trump are based solely on what he has authorized called for and his actions not on what anyone tells me to think. I only left the Republican party a few months ago and never actually read a singluar news source, I read EVERY news paper and media outlet I could get my hands on before making my opinion. Try again.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A bit strange that YOU think the democrats are feeding me something given that my views on Donald Trump are based solely on what he has authorized called for and his actions not on what anyone tells me to think. I only left the Republican party a few months ago and never actually read a singluar news source, I read EVERY news paper and media outlet I could get my hands on before making my opinion. Try again.
                          Much of the mainstream media is joined at the hip to the Democratic Party; the aggregate of the same is rather likely to reflect that. Your personal animus towards The Donald might possibly have a hand in coloring your perceptions as well.

ETA: Unless you really want me to respond to something here, I'm unsubscribing. It's time to step away from politics for a bit to focus on more important things.
                          Last edited by One Bad Pig; 03-08-2019, 01:07 PM.

sigpic

Comment

No he hasn't. It's almost unanimously agreed upon by reasonable Americans (that aren't named Tlaib or Omar) that anti-Semitism is bad.
                            You mean “reasonable Americans” claiming in response to chant’s of “White lives matter” and “Jews will not replace us" at Charlottesville, that “there were good people on both sides”. Gotcha!
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You mean “reasonable Americans” claiming in response to chant’s of “White lives matter” and “Jews will not replace us" at Charlottesville, that “there were good people on both sides”. Gotcha!
                              Once again, you're an idiot media tourist who knows nothing more than what the media spoon feeds you. The wanna-be Nazis were not the only ones at Charlottesville. There were several flagger groups, some that want nothing more than the preservation of Southern monuments and the freedom to fly the stars and bars. The chant "white lives matter" was in DIRECT response to the racist BLM movement, and the fake Nazis were the only ones calling out Jews. The flagger group from my home town actually forced the fake Nazis away from the statue that was under seige for most of the day. I personally know a member of that group and have for over 35 years and I trust her report over the fake news account any day.

And you still avoided the argument. Reasonable people know anti-Semitism is wrong.

And you've also not engaged with the topic of this thread, so cut out the derail or leave my thread.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Once again, you're an idiot media tourist who knows nothing more than what the media spoon feeds you. The wanna-be Nazis were not the only ones at Charlottesville. There were several flagger groups, some that want nothing more than the preservation of Southern monuments and the freedom to fly the stars and bars. The chant "white lives matter" was in DIRECT response to the racist BLM movement, and the fake Nazis were the only ones calling out Jews. The flagger group from my home town actually forced the fake Nazis away from the statue that was under seige for most of the day. I personally know a member of that group and have for over 35 years and I trust her report over the fake news account any day.

And you still avoided the argument. Reasonable people know anti-Semitism is wrong.

And you've also not engaged with the topic of this thread, so cut out the derail or leave my thread.
                                It’s kinda interesting really, there’s an anti-Semite democrat congresswomen and liberals would rather talk about basement dwelling loser ‘Nazi’s’, from 2 years ago, with zero political power, than the anti Jew congressional democrat.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment